PDA

View Full Version : Diego Corrales Killed in motorcycle crash

83-Steelers-43
05-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Former two-division world champion Diego "Chico" Corrales, who lived as hard as he fought, died in a motorcycle crash Monday night in Las Vegas, two years to the day after his greatest triumph.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2863505

83-Steelers-43
05-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Even when wearing a helmet.......

RIP Diego, you were a joy to watch.

tony hipchest
05-08-2007, 01:09 PM
i wonder if ben and the new coach had any bike riding discussions. if not, i hope atleast a suggestive clipping of this is placed in his locker, just so he dont get any ideas about a springtime cruise.

honestly i think ben got it out of his system a little less than a year ago, but some reinforcement couldnt hurt

83-Steelers-43
05-08-2007, 01:12 PM
honestly i think ben got it out of his system a little less than a year ago,

I'm definately not holding my breath, but I would like to think so. Personally, I wouldn't be shocked to read a PPG article in the future pertaining to "Big" Ben driving around on a motorcyle. Hopefully that accident knocked some sense into his head.

but some reinforcement couldnt hurt

Not at all.

83-Steelers-43
05-08-2007, 01:21 PM
It's strange, looking at Comcast they have the replay of Corrales vs Mayweather fight back in '01'. Very sad. Full of life one moment and then dead the next. It's odd watching the fight knowing the guy just died not even 24 hours ago.

The guy always held himself in a professional manner in and out of the ring. Never got a big head and stayed level headed. Worked hard and stayed out of trouble. Overall, a class act.

TackleMeBen
05-08-2007, 01:23 PM
i wonder if ben and the new coach had any bike riding discussions. if not, i hope atleast a suggestive clipping of this is placed in his locker, just so he dont get any ideas about a springtime cruise.

honestly i think ben got it out of his system a little less than a year ago, but some reinforcement couldnt hurt

I am sure Mikey T had all the keys to anything that has two wheels taken away from ben...lol

tony hipchest
05-08-2007, 07:25 PM
definitely a shame. money and fame is not a shield.

-recently separated from his wife who was 6 months pregnant.

-travelling in excess of 100 mph and struck a car while trying to pass.

83-Steelers-43
05-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Prayers go out to the little baby. At least he/she will know her daddy was a professional and a class act. Corrales grew up in a tough neighborhood (saw his best friend shot dead at age 13) and did not make any excuses. He made something of himself. That's a hell of alot more than many other pampered and big headed athletes can say these days. Helluva way to make a living.

I guess some are made differently than others.