PDA

View Full Version : Troy Smith and the Ratbirds

steeler614
05-09-2007, 01:06 AM
I'm thrilled to have Troy Smith as the new QB for the Ratbirds. I'm thrilled because I am a resident of Columbus who gets to see Smith as QB for my 3rd least favorite team (behind Browns and Bungles), and here is why.

Troy Smith is treated like a god by the Columbus media (ass kissers), and was even ranked the number 1 QB coming into the draft by some outlets. Despite being a decent QB he has had a few character issues, is a poor leader, and is known to have a primadonna attitude. ironically the Steelers drafted Woodley from OSU rival Michigan, who I think will love to make Smith a tackling dummy once McNair goes down. I also wish the same for Quinn, I'm in a Browns market and hear about them all the time, makes me want to vomit. Sack the hell outta 'em boys!!!

ChronoCross
05-09-2007, 05:19 AM
Troy Smith if anything is more are less a should be convert to WR.. anything else is medicore backup QB..

Buzz05
05-09-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm thrilled to have Troy Smith as the new QB for the Ratbirds. I'm thrilled because I am a resident of Columbus who gets to see Smith as QB for my 3rd least favorite team (behind Browns and Bungles), and here is why.

Troy Smith is treated like a god by the Columbus media (ass kissers), and was even ranked the number 1 QB coming into the draft by some outlets. Despite being a decent QB he has had a few character issues, is a poor leader, and is known to have a primadonna attitude. ironically the Steelers drafted Woodley from OSU rival Michigan, who I think will love to make Smith a tackling dummy once McNair goes down. I also wish the same for Quinn, I'm in a Browns market and hear about them all the time, makes me want to vomit. Sack the hell outta 'em boys!!!

I have heard some people talking down here and those that I actually listen to / respect are questioning his height and his ability to get the ball down field with the faster defenses of the NFL. Keep in mind a lot of his passes were short and he relied on Ginn and Gonzalez to break them for long gaines. He is going to be nothing more then a project. If he pans out then Billick is a 'genious' if not it was only a 5th rounder. But if I hear one more member of the local media saying that he could be the next Flutie or how they have a 'Heisman winner' in town I may snap. :banging:

Personally I think if McNair goes down Boller comes in. Smith is not NFL ready, he would be a deer cought in headlights.