PDA

View Full Version : Braylon Edwards: Browns better than Steelers

Edman
05-09-2007, 10:10 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=149&F=1547#S=149&F=1547&T=500723

Also says "Year of the Steelers is over" And of course, Brownie fans are getting giddy over it.

Looks like we have another Carson Palmer on our hands. Confidence is one thing, but at least show some respect. Especially if your opponent has swept you and finished ahead of you 3 years in a row. You don't hear the Steelers go around saying "We're better than so-and-so" to the Ratbirds or Bungles do you? Whatever.

TackleMeBen
05-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Well if he wants to sound like Palmer.... maybe he needs to get the Palmer treatment???:wink02: (if you know what i mean).

Edman
05-09-2007, 10:36 AM
I admit, I have to give props to Braylon exhuming some confidence and instituting some spark to this dormant rivalry, but he needs to keep it in perspective. As I said, confidence I don't mind, but this is complete delusional arrogance along the lines of Carson Palmer and T.J Douche. His "better coached team" haven't beat the Steelers since 2003. And only 3 times since the Browns returned to the league.

He could've said "I'm confident we'll beat the Steelers" and that was it. But this delusional arrogance ticks me off. F the Clowns.

This is why, folks, I show little (if any) pity for the Browns. They can suck forever and I'll still hate their guts.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-09-2007, 11:11 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=149&F=1547#S=149&F=1547&T=500723

Also says "Year of the Steelers is over" And of course, Brownie fans are getting giddy over it.

Looks like we have another Carson Palmer on our hands. Confidence is one thing, but at least show show respect. Especially if your opponent has swept you and finished ahead of you 3 years in a row. You don't hear the Steelers go around saying "We're better than so-and-so" to the Ratbirds or Bungles do you? Whatever.

LOL!!!!

Lets do a comparison as to who is more productive

QB: Roethlisberger vs Frye

Roethlisberger:
2005: 98.6 passer rating...14 wins 5 loses..(Superbowl Title)
2006: 75.4 passer rating....8 wins 8 loses

Frye:
2005: 72.8 passer rating...2 wins 4 loses
2006: 72.0 passer rating...5 wins 11 loses

Favor: Steelers

WR: Ward vs Edwards

Hines Ward:
2005= 975 yards 11TDs
2006= 975 yards 6 TD's

Braylon Edwards:
2005= 512 yards 3 TDs
2006= 884 yards 6 TD's

Favor: Steelers

Do we really want to compare ourt RB stats ...(Parker vs Droughns...or for that matter...Parker vs Lewis)...our total offence vs theirs....out total defense against theirs????

BrowniesSuck.com
05-09-2007, 11:13 AM
They can't take the pounding we've given them year after year...Nothing like talking trash about a team that's killed you for the past 10 years.

Jeremy
05-09-2007, 11:18 AM
He's showing confidence in his team. That's exactly what I want to see out of an athlete. The last thing I'll do is rip a player for standing up for his team.

BrowniesSuck.com
05-09-2007, 11:21 AM
He's showing confidence in his team. That's exactly what I want to see out of an athlete. The last thing I'll do is rip a player for standing up for his team.

Can't argue with you...just hate that team so much though.

tony hipchest
05-09-2007, 11:29 AM
typical braylon braying like a filthy brown donkey. here were his comments after last years 1st game vs. steelers:

Braylon Edwards: "They're not good. What does it say? They're 3-6, we're 3-6. The hell with the Steelers. They're not doing anything right now. They beat us, now they're 4-6. They still have a losing record, just like us."

"what does that say?" lol. that we went on to win 4 more games. they went on to lose 6. and the way the steelers thumped the browns in game 2, im sure the players took Mr. Ed(he-haw)words to heart.

fansince'76
05-09-2007, 11:30 AM
"Year of the Steelers is over" - no shit, sherlock. What gave it away, the 8-8 record last year? :rolleyes:

P.S. As I've seen X-T say many times on the board in response to things like this: win something, THEN talk. Until then, STFU.

Jeremy
05-09-2007, 11:45 AM

I'm not that crazy about them myself, but I'm damned sure not looking past them next season either.

verks36
05-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Braylon prove yourslelf first before you start calling out the stillers

verks36
05-09-2007, 11:58 AM

btw Dude your site is awsome I just sighned UP :thumbsup:

Buzz05
05-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Well if he wants to sound like Palmer.... maybe he needs to get the Palmer treatment???:wink02: (if you know what i mean).

Maybe its something in the Ohio water that makes the Bungles and Stains think they have reason to think they are great...

I did go to the Message board and see what they were saying though. I always get a kick out of how they talk about Pittsburgh being so redneck and all that stuff and how its a dump. Im guessing they havnt been to Pittsburgh in a while because its one fo the nicest cities in the country...just a though but people who root for a city called 'The Mistake on the Lake' shouldnt be talking trash haha

TackleMeBen
05-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Maybe its something in the Ohio water that makes the Bungles and Stains think they have reason to think they are great...

I did go to the Message board and see what they were saying though. I always get a kick out of how they talk about Pittsburgh being so redneck and all that stuff and how its a dump. Im guessing they havnt been to Pittsburgh in a while because its one fo the nicest cities in the country...just a though but people who root for a city called 'The Mistake on the Lake' shouldnt be talking trash haha

well any city that sets a lake on fire you have to wonder about.

Edman
05-09-2007, 12:45 PM

Again, I don't mind him showing confidence. In fact I like it, makes me hate the Clowns even more and even more excited for crushing them opening day. It's not confidence, it's pure arrogance by Edwards. Oh well...

I'll leave it up to the Steelers to quiet him come September.

Buzz05
05-09-2007, 12:50 PM
well any city that sets a lake on fire you have to wonder about.

They set the lake on fire? Maybe before my time?

memphissteelergirl
05-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Yeah, Braylon...what-effin-ever...:yawn: :coffee:

TackleMeBen
05-09-2007, 01:14 PM
They set the lake on fire? Maybe before my time?

yeah something about lake erie catching on fire. i will have to call my friend who is from cleveland. he was the one that told me about it.

Jeremy
05-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Again, I don't mind him showing confidence. In fact I like it, makes me hate the Clowns even more and even more excited for crushing them opening day. It's not confidence, it's pure arrogance by Edwards. Oh well...

I'll leave it up to the Steelers to quiet him come September.

And several members of this board mistook Joey Porter's arrogance for swagger.

Buzz05
05-09-2007, 02:15 PM

Arent they the same thing, just different in the eye of the beholder

Jeremy
05-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Arent they the same thing, just different in the eye of the beholder

That's my point. Browns fans probably see this as Braylon being confident and some people on here see it as arrogance.

You're free to think whatever you want, just be ready to apply the same standards to our players and you apply to players from other teams.

Edman
05-09-2007, 03:00 PM

The main difference is that Joey (or any Steeler for that matter) never openly went out and said we're better than the Ravens or the Bengals several months before the season even begins. He was an arrogant loudmouth, but he never did anything like this. In situations like this, he would respond, not start it. At least that's what I can recall...

But in the end, all I have to say is this...Bring it on, Braylon.

stlrtruck
05-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Obviously he doesn't remember the whoopin' he took the last time he opened his mouth.

Mr. Anthony Smith please introduce yourself to Braylon Edwards this year in your first match together. That should point him in the appropriate direction.

And for his 8-8 won't be acceptable. You better accept mediocrcy because it'll be better than the losing seasons you've had for the past several years!!!

fansince'76
05-09-2007, 03:33 PM
And for his 8-8 won't be acceptable. You better accept mediocrcy because it'll be better than the losing seasons you've had for the past several years!!!

Hell, 8-8 has kept "Black Jesus" in a job in Cincy. :toofunny:

Jeremy
05-09-2007, 03:34 PM
The main difference is that Joey (or any Steeler for that matter) never openly went out and said we're better than the Ravens or the Bengals several months before the season even begins. He was an arrogant loudmouth, but he never did anything like this. In situations like this, he would respond, not start it. At least that's what I can recall...

But in the end, all I have to say is this...Bring it on, Braylon.

Personally, I like that he stepped up and set a tone for his team. One of the huge holes for the Browns has been in their leadership. If this guy can walk thewalk this season, this could have been a really good motivational play.

polamalufan43
05-09-2007, 03:43 PM
When I read the title I looked something like this :jawdrop:

As for what he says, I can see where he's coming from, but think what he said sucks and so do the browns.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

FastWillieParker39
05-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Braylon will be singing a differnt tune when Sept. 9 comes

CantStop85
05-09-2007, 07:53 PM
The Browns should be much improved...I'll give him that. They did a lot to help themselves in the offseason.

Edman
05-09-2007, 08:27 PM
The Browns did improve, but talk is easy. The only true way to show they have improved is to show it on the field.

But you cannot deny the fact that Cleveland Stadium will be rocking opening day. It's the first game in a new season and it's up against a division rival. The Browns would love nothing more than to beat the Steelers and set the tone for their season.

Hope the Steelers are up to the challenge.

GBMelBlount
05-09-2007, 10:55 PM
The Browns did improve, but talk is easy. The only true way to show they have improved is to show it on the field.

But you cannot deny the fact that Cleveland Stadium will be rocking opening day. It's the first game in a new season and it's up against a division rival. The Browns would love nothing more than to beat the Steelers and set the tone for their season.

Hope the Steelers are up to the challenge.

Bring it on!:cheers:

05-10-2007, 12:23 AM
I hope the Browns improve so that we can beat them three times in one season again.

X-Terminator
05-10-2007, 01:15 AM
"Year of the Steelers is over" - no shit, sherlock. What gave it away, the 8-8 record last year? :rolleyes:

P.S. As I've seen X-T say many times on the board in response to things like this: win something, THEN talk. Until then, STFU.

:thumbsup:

Hey Braylon...

http://www.pl8s.org/pl8s/usa/virginia/pls_stfu_va320_2.jpg

Edman
05-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh, and check out this little nugget post.

"If we sweep the steelers then this year is a success. I'm sick of that team being so damn perfect all the time. It's time they get a taste of the bottom of the division"

Who said the Steelers are perfect? Look to last year. See how stupid, envious, and jealous Browns fans can get? The Steelers aren't perfect, just good.

FastWillieParker39
05-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Oh, and check out this little nugget post.

"If we sweep the steelers then this year is a success. I'm sick of that team being so damn perfect all the time. It's time they get a taste of the bottom of the division"

Who said the Steelers are perfect? Look to last year. See how stupid, envious, and jealous Browns fans can get? The Steelers aren't perfect, just good.

That's because Browns fans don't know the definiton of perfect:wink02:

FloridaFan
05-10-2007, 02:23 PM
New poster, need 1 post to see the linked article :cheers: , +1

OK, now I read it..

- (Asked about Steelers games this year) Says that they are a better team and better coached. He says that this is the year that they beat them. Says that there are no more excuses, and this will set the tone for the season. Says that they will be ready.

Maybe it's me, but I took that as they are a better coached team than they were in the past, not necessarily that they are better coached than the Steelers.

I don't see anything demeaning or inflammatory in any of the article, other than the ending - His last comment: “The year of the Steelers is now over.”". Even that I just take as confidence in his team. /shrug

MasterOfPuppets
05-10-2007, 02:48 PM
That's because Browns fans don't know the definiton of perfect:wink02:

or good....:coffee:

tony hipchest
05-10-2007, 03:09 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10174994From the mouths of veterans

By Pat Kirwan
NFL.com Senior Analyst

(May 10, 2007) -- This time of year, things are getting quiet around the NFL. The post-draft minicamps aren't really that eventful, but the veterans are starting to gather to check out the new draft picks, show off their weight loss, and start talking about the 2007 season. I had a chance to talk with a number of players this week on my Sirius Satellite Radio show, Moving the Chains, with my partner, Tim Ryan, about a number of subjects around the league. Concussions, the discipline policy, a wage scale for rookies and the offseason program were just a few of the subjects covered.

Here are a few of the veterans we talked to and what we learned:

Braylon Edwards, WR, Cleveland Browns: Edwards was so impressive, especially in the growth and maturity area. He has dedicated so much of his time and resources to the youth of his hometown of Detroit that he is becoming a poster child for the NFL. Edwards believes the Browns are ready to step up and challenge the AFC North teams. As he said, "It wasn't fair to judge Romeo Crenel until now; we didn't have the talent or coaching, but we do now." Edwards and all of his teammates seem focused on their opening game with the Steelers as a defining moment about their progress. Edwards wasn't ****y in his comments but he does feel his Browns are going to surprise some people.

MasterOfPuppets
05-10-2007, 03:36 PM
its amazing how the stains and bungholes are that obsessed with the burg.

revefsreleets
05-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Is Edwards in a contract year?

silver & black
05-12-2007, 08:15 AM
yeah something about lake erie catching on fire. i will have to call my friend who is from cleveland. he was the one that told me about it.

It wasn't a lake, it was a river. I don't remember which river, though.

TackleMeBen
05-12-2007, 03:40 PM
It wasn't a lake, it was a river. I don't remember which river, though.

Cuyahoga river..

silver & black
05-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Cuyahoga river..

Thanks. :cheers:

Elvis
05-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Ok, first of all, I dont want our team to ever be dirty and I think this is what you are ensenuating.. I honestly dont think that that play was on purpose at all against Palmer. And if it were then I would think totally differently about Kimo.. Dont ever wish injury or death on anyone please... Just not good sportsmanship in my opinion..
:tt02:

Elvis
05-13-2007, 06:46 AM
The day will come Braylon, this just shows me that he is already afraid of what is gonna happen to the Browns this go around against the Steelers.. Let him have his fun and we'll see what happens on the field come september..
:tt02:

Dynasty
05-13-2007, 09:24 AM
I think the aforementioned "Palmer treatment" is more to do with his Cornhole Classic.

ChronoCross
05-14-2007, 02:11 PM
This guy will not stop. He is killing me inside;

Browns | Edwards feels team can make playoffs
Mon, 14 May 2007 07:36:23 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns WR Braylon Edwards feels the team has the possibility to win 10 games this season and make the postseason. "I believe that 10-6 for us this year is a success. Making the playoffs this year is a possibility, as well as winning our conference. So this should be a great year for the Browns," Edwards said during a radio interview. "We have an offensive system now that can work for us. We have players on offense that can work for us. Our defense played well most of the year, but the offense was giving them no help. So now we're in a situation where 8-8, to me, is not a success this year."

Ive already counted 6 losses against them, 2 to us, 2 to ratbirds, 2 to jailbirds. Not to mention who they will loose to out of the division. They should just pack it up and move to the NFC..

Edman
05-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Let Braylon talk and brag. I don't mind it.

We'll see how the Browns do when the actions do the talking on the field. They look improved on paper, but what they do the field is yet to be seen.

GBMelBlount
05-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Let Braylon talk and brag. I don't mind it.

We'll see how the Browns do when the actions do the talking on the field. They look improved on paper, but what they do the field is yet to be seen.

Edman, think they had a good draft but will take a few years to gel. I don't think they are one of those rare teams who go from 4-12 to 10-6.

The Duke
05-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Edman, think they had a good draft but will take a few years to gel. I don't think they are one of those rare teams who go from 4-12 to 10-6.

Yeah, they could get worse :sofunny:

j-dawg
05-18-2007, 10:19 AM
This guy will not stop. He is killing me inside;

Browns | Edwards feels team can make playoffs
Mon, 14 May 2007 07:36:23 -0700

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns WR Braylon Edwards feels the team has the possibility to win 10 games this season and make the postseason. "I believe that 10-6 for us this year is a success. Making the playoffs this year is a possibility, as well as winning our conference. So this should be a great year for the Browns," Edwards said during a radio interview. "We have an offensive system now that can work for us. We have players on offense that can work for us. Our defense played well most of the year, but the offense was giving them no help. So now we're in a situation where 8-8, to me, is not a success this year."

Ive already counted 6 losses against them, 2 to us, 2 to ratbirds, 2 to jailbirds. Not to mention who they will loose to out of the division. They should just pack it up and move to the NFC.. :coffee:

hey, i don't think the Browns are making the playoffs, but i am POSITIVE that the Browns wont get swept in their division two years in a row...

fansince'76
05-18-2007, 10:21 AM
:coffee:

hey, i don't think the Browns are making the playoffs, but i am POSITIVE that the Browns wont get swept in their division two years in a row...

Me neither - I think this is the year that house of cards called the Bengals franchise collapses and they finish last in the division.