PDA

View Full Version : Plant your flag!

Jeremy
05-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Right now, call your sleep team for next season.

My pick......the Detroit Lions.

Your turn......

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-10-2007, 12:56 PM
If we are talking most improved..I hate to say it..but the Browns.
If we are talking about contenders...My pick is unfortunately Dallas

Jeremy
05-10-2007, 01:29 PM
We're going with most improved.

They don't have to challenge for a playoff spot, but it helps if they do.

I'm going with the Lions because I think Calvin Johnson is that damn good and Mike Martz is going to get that offense turned around in a hurry with someone like him on the roster.

tony hipchest
05-10-2007, 01:52 PM
i can see it with the lions. mike martz was only able to use about half of his playbook last year because he had retards for wr's (basicly he could only rely on 2, williams who is a star wr and furrey who had an amazing 97 wr's). with the addition of mcdonald and johnson, they will be able to spread the field and open running lanes for an explosive tatum bell, and kevin jones is ahead of schedule in his recovery. and tj duckett makes a nice goaline back. despite throwing more int's than td's (you tend to do that when youre getting sacked 60 or so times) kitna still had 4200 yds. and for as bad as the lions were they really started to light up teams offensively in the last few games of theyear.

i dont expect arizona to be pulling in another top 10 draft pick any time soon, either.

boLT fan
05-10-2007, 05:37 PM
I wan to say Arizona, but it never happens. I'm going to go with Cleveland.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Well I don't know how much of a suprise this team will be since they did improve this year especially since some of their offensive talent started to bloom last year. But I'm going with the 49ers and they will win the NFC West.

Jeremy
05-10-2007, 06:47 PM
All good choices, except for the people picking the Cards. They suck, always have and always will.

The Duke
05-10-2007, 06:50 PM
cardinals

Jeremy
05-10-2007, 06:52 PM
cardinals

When pigs fly.

fansince'76
05-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Vikes.

tony hipchest
05-10-2007, 07:20 PM
All good choices, except for the people picking the Cards. They suck, always have and always will.
who picked the cards :confused:

you picked the.... LIONS! :finger:

:sofunny:

(yeah, i picked the lions too, but im not trying to bust anyones balls)

lions suck and always have.

"but...but.. barry sanders..." :blah:

Livinginthe past
05-11-2007, 12:50 AM
I'll take the Bucs - 4-12 last year with all sorts of problems at QB - I think Garcia solves that problem in the short term.

I would look for them to be a little wiser with their franchise RB and not run him ito the ground with so many carries this year - possibly a more west coast short passing style to substitute for the running game.

If Gaines Adams plays to his potential they have a genuine pass rusher to replace Simeon Rice's production.

I think somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 is attainable.

MasterOfPuppets
05-11-2007, 01:18 AM
rams :coffee:

Buzz05
05-11-2007, 07:27 AM
Im gonna go out on a limb here...Titans

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Vikes.

I was looking at their draft picks...Peterson at RB ... Sidney Rice & Aundrae Allison at WR..., Marcus McCauley at CB and Rufus Alexander at OLB....That may be the strongest draft anyone had!!!! Good Pick '76.

Jeremy
05-11-2007, 08:28 AM
I'm wondering if the Panthers would count.....

Buzz05
05-11-2007, 08:33 AM
I'm wondering if the Panthers would count.....

I was thinking the same thing. But it seems they are everyone NFC champion ever year. SI.com already picked them to win it.

Counselor
05-11-2007, 08:35 AM
I gotta go with the cards. Look at the comparison with last year's sleeper team the Saints. A team with a lot of talent that continued to underperform year after year. They get an effusion of new talent and new young coach who can take advantage of the excitement/enthusiasm that comes from that.

The cards have a lot of offensive weapons---James, Fitzgerald, Lienert (as much as I hate him). If Grimm can get their OLine to perform ---tahdah! Defense is another question, but lots of teams with good offenses still win despite lackluster play on the otherside. Mark my word I'm not suggesting a Saints-type meteoric rise, but in that division 8-8 or 9-7 and a playoff appearance is not impossible.

stlrtruck
05-11-2007, 09:00 AM
The Titans. They've had one year with Young at the helm and now with the confidence from last season mounting, they will be a force to reckon with.

Crushzilla
05-11-2007, 09:07 AM
It's gotta be the Cards...

Jeremy
05-11-2007, 09:23 AM
I was thinking the same thing. But it seems they are everyone NFC champion ever year. SI.com already picked them to win it.

They're a media darling that's for sure. I think everyone is waiting for them to become the Steelers of the NFC.

Buzz05
05-11-2007, 09:45 AM
They're a media darling that's for sure. I think everyone is waiting for them to become the Steelers of the NFC.

And if the Bill Cowher to the Panthers rumors ever come true then they really will be...

ShutDown24
05-11-2007, 10:03 AM
If I could consider the Titans a sleeper, I would take them, but I don't consider them a sleeper. I think everyone pretty much knows they are going to be a pretty decent team this year.

I like the Redskins... and how about the Steelers? :P

Jeremy
05-11-2007, 10:03 AM
And if the Bill Cowher to the Panthers rumors ever come true then they really will be...

If they go 8-8 again..........

Buzz05
05-11-2007, 10:19 AM
If they go 8-8 again..........

If they go 8-8 again then John Fox is out

vasteeler
05-11-2007, 10:52 AM
of course the steelers:tt02:

Jeremy
05-11-2007, 11:02 AM
If they go 8-8 again then John Fox is out

Cowher makes so much sense in that spot, it's ridiculous. Raleigh and Charlotte are close enough that Bill could spend a couple of days a week at home and still coach.

Counselor
05-11-2007, 11:59 AM

The difference between Carolina and the Steelers is the Panthers get picked by the media every year despite the 8-8 record and the Steelers got no respect even when they went 15 and 1.

You won't see one "expert" pick the steelers this year coming off 8-8.

ChronoCross
05-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Steelers Most Improve
Sleepers that might make the playoffs Lions and Cards
Hurt most by releases Colts
Picked up the most in FA Pats
The worst pick up for coach Dallas.

Every year the browns say there the most improve but yet they never are.

Newzfoxjr
05-11-2007, 12:09 PM
The Sleeper will be the 49ers, no doubt.

Buzz05
05-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Cowher makes so much sense in that spot, it's ridiculous. Raleigh and Charlotte are close enough that Bill could spend a couple of days a week at home and still coach.

I know it makes sense. Dont be surprised if Cowher doesnt except other positions either just in hopes of getting the Panther's job. I think he is a little too comfortable where he is at and the Panthers being so close could be too enticing to him.

But as I said before, Im going with the Titans. Never count out a Jeff Fisher coached team.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-11-2007, 12:59 PM
AFC: Steelers...the media isn't expecting anything to come out of Pittsburgh but an 8-8 record or worse.

NFC: 49ers...this team has enough peices,especially in a weak NFC,to make the playoffs.

ChronoCross
05-11-2007, 01:01 PM
I know it makes sense. Dont be surprised if Cowher doesnt except other positions either just in hopes of getting the Panther's job. I think he is a little too comfortable where he is at and the Panthers being so close could be too enticing to him.

But as I said before, Im going with the Titans. Never count out a Jeff Fisher coached team.

Id say in 09 he will coach the chiefs if he comes back. Herm is destroying that team. Chiefs fans will go weres the offense this season.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Id say in 09 he will coach the chiefs if he comes back. Herm is destroying that team. Chiefs fans will go weres the offense this season.

It's not Herm's fault his o-line is old and is retiring.And the trading LJ reports were just rumors.

I bet if the Browns didn't jump in they would have drafted Quinn in the first round.Green doesn't want to be in KC anymore,so they are trying to ship him.

Jeremy
05-11-2007, 02:12 PM

He'll be a freshly divorved man if that happens. :wink02: