View Full Version : Richard Seigler the Pimp Daddy

jjpro11
05-10-2007, 10:34 PM
http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=6498774

:cya:

tony hipchest
05-10-2007, 11:11 PM
:toofunny:

dirk digler, i mean dick sigler... er richard seigler was pimpin da hoes?

lol. kudos to the steelers for dropping him like a rock.

heres the # for the bungles dirk:

1-800-WESUCK1

fansince'76
05-10-2007, 11:26 PM
"Thursday morning, the Steelers told him he had been cut from the team and also that U.S. Marshals were looking for him."

Damn, now THAT is a bad day! :shake01:

ChronoCross
05-11-2007, 12:26 AM
I do not think he made much off his girls anyways;

http://www.costumes.org/shows/threepenny/kadesphotos/Print2.jpg

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Does this prove that the Steelers do not put up with guys that have character issues...
Damn.....if he played on the Bengals they would have helped him hide.....

Atlanta Dan
05-11-2007, 08:04 AM
It is not as if they cut Troy or Ben - it proves they will not put up with marginal players who are arrested for felonies.

alittlejazzbird
05-11-2007, 09:31 AM
The Trib article (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/sports/steelers/s_507172.html) indicates that police were aware of his possible involvement as far back as December.

Maybe they alerted the Steelers at that time, and they kept him on the team until the Las Vegas police told them they had enough evidence for an arrest, at which time the Steelers cut him.

Like Atlanta Dan, I do wonder how they would have reacted if it had been a big name starter, but to the credit of this organization, they historically have not drafted or signed potential starters without vetting them very carefully, and any player who comes to this team knows that negative character issues of any kind won't be tolerated.

Happily, the Steelers over the years haven't as a rule had to deal with criminal trouble from their starters.

tony hipchest
05-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Like Atlanta Dan, I do wonder how they would have reacted if it had been a big name starter, but to the credit of this organization, they historically have not drafted or signed potential starters without vetting them very carefully, and any player who comes to this team knows that negative character issues of any kind won't be tolerated.

Happily, the Steelers over the years haven't as a rule had to deal with criminal trouble from their starters.most teams are afraid to drop a starter or star they know will land with another team, because they will not be compensated. (pac man, chris henry, mike vick for example)

however bam morris had all the star potential and possibly "jerome bettis" type of big production, in the world. and even though the steelers knew teams like the ravens or chiefs would snatch him up, they had no problem in swiftly letting him go. they couldve held on to him like the dolphins do rickey williams and hope of squeezing some team out of a 6th round pick, but instead they set a tone and image for steelers antd their players that is much more valuable than a late round pick.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-11-2007, 10:03 AM
most teams are afraid to drop a starter or star they know will land with another team, because they will not be compensated. (pac man, chris henry, mike vick for example)

however bam morris had all the star potential and possibly "jerome bettis" type of big production, in the world. and even though the steelers knew teams like the ravens or chiefs would snatch him up, they had no problem in swiftly letting him go. they couldve held on to him like the dolphins do rickey williams and hope of squeezing some team out of a 6th round pick, but instead they set a tone and image for steelers antd their players that is much more valuable than a late round pick.

Hey Tony....ya think that we may be able to talk Bam Morris into lending Sieglar the "Mustard Yellow" suit for his court hearing!!!

Atlanta Dan
05-11-2007, 10:03 AM
The Trib article (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/sports/steelers/s_507172.html) indicates that police were aware of his possible involvement as far back as December.

Maybe they alerted the Steelers at that time, and they kept him on the team until the Las Vegas police told them they had enough evidence for an arrest, at which time the Steelers cut him.

Happily, the Steelers over the years haven't as a rule had to deal with criminal trouble from their starters.

He was one of my favorite 70s Steelers, but Ernie (Arrowhead!) Holmes shot at a police helicopter in 1973 and was indicted for cocaine possession prior to the 1976 season but did not miss a down until his skills slipped and he was let go after the 1977 season. Add to that my belief Steve Courson was correct that Noll knew a lot of the OL ws on the juice and the Steelers are not exactly pristine when it comes to tolerance of improper behavior if the player produces.

Indy_Steelers
05-11-2007, 04:56 PM
He was one of my favorite 70s Steelers, but Ernie (Arrowhead!) Holmes shot at a police helicopter in 1973 and was indicted for cocaine possession prior to the 1976 season but did not miss a down until his skills slipped and he was let go after the 1977 season. Add to that my belief Steve Courson was correct that Noll knew a lot of the OL ws on the juice and the Steelers are not exactly pristine when it comes to tolerance of improper behavior if the player produces.

Was "the juice" illegal at the time? And does Courson have any evidence? people were saying this about Lambert & Greenwood too and there has not been any evidence that it was true.

Atlanta Dan
05-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Was "the juice" illegal at the time? And does Courson have any evidence? people were saying this about Lambert & Greenwood too and there has not been any evidence that it was true.

I do not recall anyone saying Lambert and Greenwood were on steroids.

Steroids were not an OTC drug so, yeah, their use was illegal.

I guess we could ask Courson what his proof was if you can communicate with dead people - or you could read his book and/or Google up his 1985 article in SI.
Courson was on the team and used - to the extent you want to tell us about your experiences with the 70s Steelers that contradict Courson please share.

I am a die hard Steelers fan but do not include constantly drinking the black & gold Kool-Aid in my diet..

Mosca
05-11-2007, 07:16 PM
LOL, Lambert's & Greenwood's reps were for being undersized.

Tom

RoethlisBURGHer
05-11-2007, 09:54 PM

There is no real excuse for the Ernie Holmes playing thing,but come one,I think the Steelers knew he wasn't all thier.

And back then,steriods were not illegal by law to take or banned by the NFL so therefore anyone can take them without penalty except for the harm it did to thier bodies.

Indy_Steelers
05-13-2007, 08:39 AM
LOL, Lambert's & Greenwood's reps were for being undersized.

Tom

That is why I laughed when I heard it. I read once that Greenwood do not like working out much also, so why would a person take steroids who doesn't work out much?

Indy_Steelers
05-13-2007, 08:52 AM
And back then, steriods were not illegal by law to take or banned by the NFL so therefore anyone can take them without penalty except for the harm it did to thier bodies.

Haslett said Thursday that when he played in the NFL, steroid use was rampant because the league had no policy banning such drugs.

"That's because it wasn't illegal then," Haslett said. "That was my point. You had so many people using them because they were legal.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8322840

He also says, "The Pittsburgh Steelers' use of the drugs during Super Bowl championship seasons in the 1970s brought steroids into vogue around the NFL. "

That is interesting considering he never played for the Steelers.