PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' top rookies hurt in minicamp

83-Steelers-43
05-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Steelers' top rookies hurt in minicamp
Friday, May 11, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers first two draft choices, linebackers Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley, were injured on the first day of minicamp and may not practice the rest of the weekend.

Coach Mike Tomlin described both injuries as minor and said the players will be re-examined Saturday morning and there's still a chance they could resume practice. Timmons, their first-round pick, has a groin injury and Woodley a hamstring.

Tomlin described the injuries as "typical -- rookies trying to make a first impression."

Last year's top rookie, wide receiver Santonio Holmes, also was injured in the morning practice when he fell on his left shoulder. However, he returned to practice in the afternoon.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07131/785372-66.stm

fansince'76
05-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Christ, first Faneca's blowup and now this. Just keeps getting better and better. :pissed:

polamalufan43
05-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Well, I'm not all that worried about it, if it continues then I'll worry. :coffee:

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Polamalu777
05-11-2007, 07:08 PM
I hope these rookies make a good impact espescially the o-lineman we picked up because today on NFL Live it was said that the Steelers have no intention of bringing Faneca back.

Preacher
05-11-2007, 07:10 PM
I actually like this news...

There is only one way to have minor pulls... which this sounds like..

BY WORKING YOUR REAR END OFF....

I don't mind!

rbryan
05-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Reminds you that losing any player regardless of injury or contract is gonna happen. Bottom line. No one player makes a team.

verks36
05-11-2007, 07:33 PM
At least it is a minor injury and not a major injury. But you want the rookies out their to get in as many reps before the season starts but it should be fine no big deal

Polamalu777
05-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Sounds like they were doing something the wrong way, o well they'll suck it up.

Preacher
05-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Steelers' top rookies hurt in minicamp
Friday, May 11, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers first two draft choices, linebackers Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley, were injured on the first day of minicamp and may not practice the rest of the weekend.

Coach Mike Tomlin described both injuries as minor and said the players will be re-examined Saturday morning and there's still a chance they could resume practice. Timmons, their first-round pick, has a groin injury and Woodley a hamstring.

Tomlin described the injuries as "typical -- rookies trying to make a first impression."

Last year's top rookie, wide receiver Santonio Holmes, also was injured in the morning practice when he fell on his left shoulder. However, he returned to practice in the afternoon.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07131/785372-66.stm

Sure is nice to see our players with minor injuries IN CAMP making the news...

Instead of being shot... arrested... drunk... busted for drug use... ahem Bengals.

FastWillieParker39
05-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Instead of being shot... arrested... drunk... busted for drug use... ahem Bengals.

:sofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :sofunny: so true Preacher, so true

Galax Steeler
05-12-2007, 03:49 AM
I wonder how santonio holmes shoulder is.