PDA

View Full Version : Are the Rooneys Cheap???

tony hipchest
05-12-2007, 01:24 AM
for those who think so, i would suggest reading this:

http://www.steelersalarycap.com/articles/rooneysNOTcheap.htm

and then eating a big fat bowl of:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/stfu2.jpg

Indy_Steelers
05-12-2007, 05:52 AM
I have never thought the Rooney's were cheap. They just do not pay an ungodly amount to any one player like the Colts with Peyton Manning.

steelcity58
05-12-2007, 06:02 AM
5 Super Bowl Championships...4 in 6 years...

Hall Of Fame Inductees

Arthur J. Rooney
Daniel M. Rooney
Bert Bell
Johnny 'Blood' McNally
Bill Dudley
Walt Kiesling
Bobby Layne
Ernie Stautner
Joe Greene
John Henry Johnson
Jack Ham
Mel Blount
Terry Bradshaw
Franco Harris
Jack Lambert
Chuck Noll
Mike Webster
Lynn Swann
John Stallworth

*Jerome Bettis...Bill Cowher, and maybe Hines Ward likely to be inducted first year
of eligibility.

Steelers sell more NFL apparel and fan merchandise than any team in the NFL.

Now, why don't you go hang out with Danny Schneider or something...

delhess
05-12-2007, 06:18 AM
Are the Rooney's cheap. well, of course they are. its that a bad thing? not necessarily. i have always thought that the steelers do business in a way that prevents players egos from taking over the atmosphere on the team. football after all is the ultimate 'team sport' because everyone must work together towards a goal, and there are many blockers, etc who don't get recognition. this is a great way to run a football team. you will never hear TO saying he want to go to pittsburgh.

why should you double your coach's salary because he won a super bowl. sure you want to treat him right, but when he appears to be content w/ sliding thru a season that included some very bad loses to teams like the raiders, should you really be giving him a raise??? i don't know if it's right, but you do not see fat, contented players or coaches on the steelers.

in this situation though, i think that you have a premiere player in the league, who is in a very valuable position. guards are becoming highly paid, and this is a guy who helped build a legacy here. i don't know what the feelings have been behind the scenes, but i think he should be paid a little more $4 million a year. but when you make statements like he has this week, the writing is on the wall.

Steelers, be strong, don't forget who you are.

Atlanta Dan
05-12-2007, 08:27 AM
The Steelers are very unsentimental when it comes to refusing to pay vets for past rather than anticipated future performance. Furthermore, the only time I recall the Steelers paying cutting edge salaries for a position is when they overpaid Scott and Washington as CBs, which ended badly.

Their business model has worked very well for the past 15 years, but successful business models do not always work as the market changes and leaders then become laggards (see, e.g., IBM to Microsoft to Google). As T.H. has posted, the Steelers model of not renegotiating until the final year of the contract is forcing the Steelers to always pay the current going rate rather than lock up players earlier for less $$. Faneca could have been signed last year to a long term deal for a lot less than he wants now - the Steelers will not pay the new price point, so I suppose it can be argued in that sense they are "cheap" (or living within their means).

That having been said, if the Steelers offer to Faneca not only does not pay him as one of the top 10 guards but does not even give him a raise (as has been reported), it is pretty clear they are lowballing him. That may be good business but it does not mean Faneca should meekly thank the Steelers for the honor of getting to wear the Black & Gold - it is strictly business on both sides.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Cheap?No,if they were cheap they wouldn't have to cut players like Joey Porter just to get enough cap room to make a FA signing or two and get thier rookies under contract.

83-Steelers-43
05-12-2007, 09:50 AM
I want Matt Millen to buy our football team. NOW. While other teams are making playoff runs and winning Super Bowls we have been making horrible personnel decisions, doing horribly in the draft and bringing in a new mascot. I know for a fact that I could do a better job than the Rooney's. Hire me!

Please, just ignore our more current Super Bowl victory and our playoff runs, just trust me on this one. This organization is collapsing and of course I know what it takes to turn things around. 83-Steelers-43 will take care of everything folks. :coffee::rolleyes:

Mosca
05-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Cheap? No.

Lousy at managing the money available, and poor at the interpersonal skills that make negotiating easier? Maybe.

desertsteel
05-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Cheap... no. Smart... yes. If the rest of the NFL jumps off a salary bridge, should the Steelers?????????????

SteelCityMan786
05-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Rooney's being cheap is a lie

Nuttings beating cheap, we can talk.

TackleMeBen
05-12-2007, 11:53 AM
they just dont seem to be living outside of their means... that is why alot of people end up with nothing, because they pay high $$ for things that a.) they dont need b.)or they just want it b/c someone else has it...

i am not saying that maybe they should rethink they way they handle contracts, but it has worked for them. You see all these other teams going out and throwing huge $$ for players that seem to under perform after they get their payday.

coachspeak33
05-12-2007, 12:43 PM
they just dont seem to be living outside of their means... that is why alot of people end up with nothing, because they pay high $$ for things that a.) they dont need b.)or they just want it b/c someone else has it...

i am not saying that maybe they should rethink they way they handle contracts, but it has worked for them. You see all these other teams going out and throwing huge $$ for players that seem to under perform after they get their payday.

yes there are plenty of teams out there who regret some of their signings....but i am curious....how has their business plan in terms of handling contracts worked lately???

TackleMeBen
05-12-2007, 01:18 PM
yes there are plenty of teams out there who regret some of their signings....but i am curious....how has their business plan in terms of handling contracts worked lately???

you know that is a very good question... and i am sure we are waiting to see how this works out with troy and ben's contracts. they need a woman handling it.... :wink02:

LambertIsGod58
05-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Is the Pope Catholic?

Edman
05-12-2007, 02:27 PM
The Rooneys are not cheap in the slightest. They're just smart and shrewd businessmen. They don't offer gigantic multi-million dollar contracts to free agents and project players. Nor do they give new contracts to declining players.

steelersfanman92
05-12-2007, 04:26 PM
they really arent cheap it is just that they wont sign the big money FA

coachspeak33
05-12-2007, 04:46 PM
The Rooneys are not cheap in the slightest. They're just smart and shrewd businessmen. They don't offer gigantic multi-million dollar contracts to free agents and project players. Nor do they give new contracts to declining players.

the last FA they signed that turned out to be anything more than an average starter is James Farrior...wow that seems like a long time ago. and there have been quite a few FA they have signed since who have been yawners at best

coachspeak33
05-12-2007, 04:51 PM
the last FA they signed that turned out to be anything more than an average starter is James Farrior...wow that seems like a long time ago. and there have been quite a few FA they have signed since who have been yawners at best

all the more reason faneca (and porter) should have been shipped outta here for picks....dont want to spend any significant amount of money in FA....and we havent exactly been setting the world on fire shopping in the bargain bins.

draft track record is much better than their FA track record....accumulation of picks has been done before....but it seems that the rooneys operate under a business plan that is a bit outdated....it feels like the pats cant even see us in their rearview mirror anymore....
:banging:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-12-2007, 11:08 PM
They are cheap in the fact that they do not pay big money for pro bowl players over 30.
But would........YOU........
Common now.......
teams that are paying big money for players over thirty.......like the redskins.....end up with losing records.

I like the way the steelers do their buisness.........if you are a steelers fan that has problems with this........maybe you should follow another team

fansince'76
05-12-2007, 11:11 PM
teams that are paying big money for players over thirty.......like the redskins.....end up with losing records.

Not to mention salary cap purgatory for years with millions in "dead money" on the books. Ask the Niners about that. Not to mention the Cowboys - how many years after Aikman retired due to concussions did he still count against their cap? Five? Six?

X-Terminator
05-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Cheap? No. But I will concede that they need to change their business model and negotiation process. Unfortunately, that may not happen as long as AJR II is in charge, who apparently has the personality of a jackal.

GBMelBlount
05-13-2007, 12:29 AM
If we don't pay what other teams will for most of our elite palyers, and we are always maxing the cap, does that mean we are overpaying the rest of our players?

Elvis
05-13-2007, 07:34 AM
YES They are cheap.......
I love our Steelers org. but sometimes they are just cheap. The could have kept the greatest corner to ever play the game if they would have just paid him his due money... Rod Woodson...But most of the time, to give them credit also, they are usually right when it comes to them thinking that the careers of alot of players is pretty much over when they release them or let them go thru free agency..
:tt02:

rbryan
05-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Most successful businesses are run by someone who still has the first $ they ever made. To me, that is smart business and why it is SUCCESSFUL. To call them cheap bothers me. If they really did offer Faneca 19 mill over 3 years, IMO thats more than he was worth. I don't doubt he would get more elsewhere, but the point is this. He is under contract one more year and needed to STFU. Is the FO supposed to trade EVERYONE a year before thier contract is due? Or just the special ones like Big Al. They made him a fair offer, just not a ridiculous one. Are we to feel bad for poor Alan because he's not gonna get that extra $7-8 mill above the $19 mill offered ?

rbryan
05-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Look at Troy right now. Same situation, yet he is a team player and isn't crying about everything. He sees the big pic and I am willing to bet he ends up signing a contract that will make him one of the highest paid Steelers ever.

With all the bellyaching we've heard from Faneca, why should he expect his boss to pay him more than offered already. Al you can take off your clown shoes now. Shows over.

rbryan
05-13-2007, 12:56 PM
I still think we can trade Faneca this year and get something to warrant "caving in" which is how the Rooney's view this. Once you start accomodating players like Faneca, it invites other's to do it as well. If we can still pull off a deal like NE did with Seattle last year, I think it makes that pill easier to swallow for the FO. I know I wouldn't be mad.

There will be a team that has a couple injuries and will hit the panic button to get Faneca now, as opposed to waiting on him till next year.

In the end Faneca needed to realize that the final year of his contract was never going to be thrown out. That number was averaged in to the new three year deal. He can't expect to make a FA deal this year because HE ISN'T A free agent.

coachspeak33
05-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Look at Troy right now. Same situation, yet he is a team player and isn't crying about everything. He sees the big pic and I am willing to bet he ends up signing a contract that will make him one of the highest paid Steelers ever.

With all the bellyaching we've heard from Faneca, why should he expect his boss to pay him more than offered already. Al you can take off your clown shoes now. Shows over.

you may also want to consider that while this is the first major deal troy will be signing...if and when faneca gets his mega deal....it will more than likely could end up being his last....

which has major ramifications on Alan's career, as in for whom & in what city does he finish his professional career....so he may be a lilttle more on edge and have a more serious approach to this deal he will sign after 07....

Hutchison & the G's that signed this summer paved the way for a 7 yr/7 mill per season contract....that will put faneca at what a 17yr vet????

this doesnt remove any responsibiliity for his actions....just saying that could be a legit cause for such uncharacteristic behavior....

If tomlin is the charasmatic guy we all hear and hope he is....he might prove big dividends earlier than expected....i am hoping....:tt02:

rbryan
05-13-2007, 01:37 PM
If Faneca gets his 7 year deal, do you think he will give back any bonus $ if by chance he doesn't play beyond 2 or 3 years?? I understand protecting yourself in case of injury but he gets paid enough to afford an insurance policy. He plays the "Loyalty Card" but comes across as the one disloyal in my mind.

OK, I'm done bashing Faneca. I think I have it out of my system now.

stlrtruck
05-14-2007, 08:28 AM
I want Matt Millen to buy our football team. NOW. While other teams are making playoff runs and winning Super Bowls we have been making horrible personnel decisions, doing horribly in the draft and bringing in a new mascot. I know for a fact that I could do a better job than the Rooney's. Hire me!

Please, just ignore our more current Super Bowl victory and our playoff runs, just trust me on this one. This organization is collapsing and of course I know what it takes to turn things around. 83-Steelers-43 will take care of everything folks. :coffee::rolleyes:

Only if you hire me as an assistant something or rather (LOL) :chicken:

HometownGal
05-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Cheap? No. Shrewd businessmen? Most definitely. Let's face it folks - the Rooneys are no different than any other business owners. They are out to make MONEY and wherever they feel they need to trim the fat, they're going to do it. We may not be happy with some of their decisions, but that's just the way the business world operates.

atlsteelers
05-14-2007, 03:09 PM
they definitely are making the money and i do think they are cheap - its part of being a steeler fan and why you should never buy a player's jersey - they let the stars walk - seeing woodson in that ravens jersey said it all

yinzer-inseattle
05-14-2007, 10:14 PM
they definitely are making the money and i do think they are cheap - its part of being a steeler fan and why you should never buy a player's jersey - they let the stars walk - seeing woodson in that ravens jersey said it all

you're right. I'd much rather be a seahawks fan and wear my steve largent jersey knowing he had not played anywhere else.

fansince'76
05-14-2007, 10:19 PM

I wonder how many Pats fans bought Deion Branch jerseys after he won SB MVP? I also wonder how many Bucs fans bought Warren Sapp jerseys? Player movement is inevitable in the NFL of the 21st century.

tony hipchest
05-14-2007, 10:25 PM
i guess everyone who thinks the rooneys are cheap in this thread didnt even bother reading the link in the 1st post:

Therefore, according to the USA Today, the Steelers have spent more in total payroll than the Redskins between 2000-2005.

oh well, sometimes perception becomes reality for some.

Atlanta Dan
05-14-2007, 10:36 PM
I wonder how many Pats fans bought Deion Branch jerseys after he won SB MVP? I also wonder how many Bucs fans bought Warren Sapp jerseys? Player movement is inevitable in the NFL of the 21st century.

"The players change teams, the teams move from city to city, the only thing that stays the same is the uniforms. We're literally rooting for laundry."

- Jerry Seinfeld, April 2004

stlrtruck
05-15-2007, 12:26 AM

Living in Tampa, I can tell you they bought his pos jersey before they won the Super Bowl. That man was one of the worse, can't stand him...I hope someone punks him and soon!

rbryan
05-15-2007, 08:47 AM

I have a Bradshaw, Lambert, Greene, Russell, and Bettis, jersey. I always thought old school jerseys were better than current day anyway. I do have a Rothlisberger also, so hopefully you haven't jinxed me with your negativity.

BTW, Woodson walked on his own accord and ended up playing for less $ than the Steelers offered him originally. He had unreasonable expectations of what he was worth that NO OTHER TEAM met either. By the time this all played out, it was too late come back. A decision he still regrets to this day.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-15-2007, 09:10 AM

First off,the stars walk nowadays because teams must stay under this thing called a salary cap.It's not that the Rooney's are cheap.If they were,we'd have tons of cap room every year.

So now teams must decide who is more important...a franchise QB and a saftey that makes the offense jittery...or a 30 year old offensive lineman.Team's can't keep all three anymore.

And Woodson walked on his own.Nobody paid him what he thought he was worth.In the end,he signed for less than what the Steelers offered.

alittlejazzbird
05-15-2007, 12:58 PM
The Rooneys are not cheap, they're frugal. There are light years of difference between the two. Someone who is cheap is usually mean-spirited, miserly and wants to get something for nothing; someone who is frugal is patient, optimistic, understands the importance of the big picture, and is looking for the best value for their money.

History shows us beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Steelers are always looking for the best value. They do not hesitate to cut ties with any player, no matter how beloved by fans and teammates or how much a "company man" (yes, I mean you, Alan Faneca), if they perceive that the value of that player is not commensurate with the money that player is seeking. They couldn't care less if other, usually less successful, teams are willing in desperation to throw piles of money at players. Textbook example: Antwaan Randle El (who may be a very rich man, but I wonder how he feels about no longer being a Steeler). They will not overpay, but year after year you find that the vast majority of Steelers players are happy to be where they are, and proud of all that being a Steeler means. Somebody must be doing something right.

This team operates within its means and, with relatively few sub-par seasons as exceptions, has been consistently competitive (including five Super Bowl championships) for over thirty years. I, for one, do not think that makes them in any way cheap; what they are in my opinion is stable, professional, and SMART.

ben2hines=6
05-15-2007, 03:11 PM
First off,the stars walk nowadays because teams must stay under this thing called a salary cap.It's not that the Rooney's are cheap.If they were,we'd have tons of cap room every year.

So now teams must decide who is more important...a franchise QB and a saftey that makes the offense jittery...or a 30 year old offensive lineman.Team's can't keep all three anymore.

And Woodson walked on his own.Nobody paid him what he thought he was worth.In the end,he signed for less than what the Steelers offered.

great post...nobody seems to understand the concept of the salary cap around this area.....everybody just blames the loss of players on being cheap

rbryan
05-15-2007, 04:01 PM
great post...nobody seems to understand the concept of the salary cap around this area.....everybody just blames the loss of players on being cheap

Exactly, We have no cap surplus, we'll be doing good to get the draft picks signed. We already have a lot of dead $ tied up in this years # for players who are long gone. Maybe we aren't cheap enough??

BTW, wasn't it the Patsies who last year were substantially under the cap?? Were they cheap too? Maybe if they spent that xtra cash they wouldn't have blown that HUGE lead in the AFC CG. (Ouch, that must still smart) Maybe Kraft just has a higher limit on his AMEX this year. So many of you want to hang on NE's sack like they are some kind of model franchise we should aspire to.

I'm still convinced that half the people here who post as Steeler fans are really closet patsie pushers.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Exactly, We have no cap surplus, we'll be doing good to get the draft picks signed. We already have a lot of dead $ tied up in this years # for players who are long gone. Maybe we aren't cheap enough??

BTW, wasn't it the Patsies who last year were substantially under the cap?? Were they cheap too? Maybe if they spent that xtra cash they wouldn't have blown that HUGE lead in the AFC CG. (Ouch, that must still smart) Maybe Kraft just has a higher limit on his AMEX this year. So many of you want to hang on NE's sack like they are some kind of model franchise we should aspire to.

I'm still convinced that half the people here who post as Steeler fans are really closet patsie pushers.

The funny thing is,people talk about how the Steelers do thing the "Patriot Way".I find myself yelling at the TV like the person can hear me that the Steelers have been doing it that very same way for YEARS.The Patriots followed our plan...they just got lucky enough to win 3 Super Bowls.

And I agree,some of these fans,especially the newbies,sound more like anti-Steeler fans masquerading as Steeler fans.

fansince'76
05-15-2007, 09:02 PM
The funny thing is,people talk about how the Steelers do thing the "Patriot Way".I find myself yelling at the TV like the person can hear me that the Steelers have been doing it that very same way for YEARS.

Lemme guess, ESPN? :rolleyes:

rbryan
05-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Don't get me started on the ESPN conspiracy theory again. They bought and paid for those SB wins. I really hate the patsies.

Livinginthe past
05-16-2007, 04:22 PM

Its become a fairly big issue on this forum - the salary cap - the people who understand the basics and are relatively well informed and the people who obviously dont do any research and make stuff up as they go along.

For the record, and so you dont make the same mistake again the Patriots were approximately $400,000 under the salary cap last year, according to the Patriots unofficial capologist.

According to my figures the Patriots' 2006 cap figure is $99,647,347 with 68 players (53 active) signed and a 8-man practice squad. The salary cap is $102 million. The Patriots's adjusted cap adjustment is a negative $1,990,060 so their adjusted cap number will be $100,009,940. Therefore, if my calcuations are correct, the Pats are under the cap by around $400,000. Adamjt13 reported that the Patriots ended the 2006 season under the cap by just 76 cents so my numbers are off by the same 400,000 - an error of less than 1/2 of 1 percent of the Patriots' adjusted cap.

Here is a link, but be warned it does contain information regarding the Patriots - i'd hate for you to break out in a 'hate rash' :sofunny:

http://www.patscap.com/2006capinfo.html

Preacher
05-17-2007, 04:00 AM
I have a Bradshaw, Lambert, Greene, Russell, and Bettis, jersey. I always thought old school jerseys were better than current day anyway. I do have a Rothlisberger also, so hopefully you haven't jinxed me with your negativity.

BTW, Woodson walked on his own accord and ended up playing for less $ than the Steelers offered him originally. He had unreasonable expectations of what he was worth that NO OTHER TEAM met either. By the time this all played out, it was too late come back. A decision he still regrets to this day.

Yep....

Not to mention, he wanted to still play CB.. but the Steelers wanted to move him to Safety. that was one of the driving issues if I remember right...

rbryan
05-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Its become a fairly big issue on this forum - the salary cap - the people who understand the basics and are relatively well informed and the people who obviously dont do any research and make stuff up as they go along.

For the record, and so you dont make the same mistake again the Patriots were approximately $400,000 under the salary cap last year, according to the Patriots unofficial capologist.

Here is a link, but be warned it does contain information regarding the Patriots - i'd hate for you to break out in a 'hate rash' :sofunny:

http://www.patscap.com/2006capinfo.html

Whether or not the patsies were under the cap isn't the point, although I heard that several times throughout the year from your boys at ESPN and from the TV announcers during the AFCCG. Personally I couldn't care enough to research it myself. But we'll take you and your "unofficial" capoligists word on it.

I sure wouldn't want someone like YOU to think I'm making up stuff as I go.

coachspeak33
05-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Whether or not the patsies were under the cap isn't the point, although I heard that several times throughout the year from your boys at ESPN and from the TV announcers during the AFCCG. Personally I couldn't care enough to research it myself. But we'll take you and your "unofficial" capoligists word on it.

I sure wouldn't want someone like YOU to think I'm making up stuff as I go.

that might be part of the problem with your over the top pro-steelers rants....
nothing wrong with educating yourself on the things you express opinions about....
it still feels good to be an educated steelers fan....you should try it :cheers:

coachspeak33
05-17-2007, 09:48 AM

Well you sound like a self proclaimed cap-ologist...you should know that cutting players doesnt simply remove 100% of their salary from the cap....

But to play along with your little fantasy game....how about a few of these gems who are way over paid....
C Wilson -2.9 million
J Tuman -1.6
B StPierre -1.2
Gardocki -1.3
C Okobi -2.5
C Kriewaldt -1.1
T Kirshke - 2.2
D Townsend -2.1

Ya know what all these well paid athletes have in common????
Two things

1. All are backups....(Deshea needs an asterisk or something because he really does a nice job for our D as a part time starter...he is versatile and a excellent DB vs the run)

2. They are all overpaid....this is probably where many fans (including myself) resentment over the whole faneca debate begins....

Are the rooneys cheap??? That is the wrong question to ask....how bout this one.
Do the rooneys spend their money properly ...... NOT RECENTLY....and when you combine that with underachieving day 2 selections over the last 2-3 yrs...that isnt a sign that all is well in the personel dept.

I know, I know they "found" Willie Parker.....I find it interesting that some steeler fans call the Patsies drafting Brady luck....but Willie Parker is a result of Rooney genius...

I am sorry to interupt you....please continue to "educate" the rest of us on how the cap works.....baaaaaaaa little sheep, baaaaaa:coffee:

Stainless Steel
05-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Maybe it isn't that the Rooneys are cheap, maybe it is that the players are too greedy. It seems that too many players act as if they are God's gift to football and that they should be paid accordingly. I realize that they are in a high risk game where one injury could end their career, but they knew this when they got into it.

I am saddened when I hear of former stars of the past that do not do well after their NFL careers. I think of Webster, for one example. But we have come a long way from the early days of football. Today in the NFL, guys do not play long in the NFL and are set up for the rest of their lives. The only way they fail is when they fail themselves.

fansince'76
05-17-2007, 10:08 AM

And your over-the-top anti-Rooney rants ad nauseam have been such a pleasure to read. How did this franchise ever make it to its 75th birthday with those boobs in charge? :rolleyes:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-17-2007, 11:01 AM
I was just reading an article from last years "Lindeys Preview"....where Rooney was explaining the formula for continued success .......he said "the secret to having a successful organization is by having stability in the Front Office and having faith in the coaching staff....Players will ALWAYS come and go...and any stability placed upon players is a risky gamble...Draft well...draft for character..and make sure that you organization is on the same page from the top to the bottom and you will consitantly be competitive"

Stainless Steel
05-17-2007, 11:57 AM
I was just reading an article from last years "Lindeys Preview"....where Rooney was explaining the formula for continued success .......he said "the secret to having a successful organization is by having stability in the Front Office and having faith in the coaching staff....Players will ALWAYS come and go...and any stability placed upon players is a risky gamble...Draft well...draft for character..and make sure that you organization is on the same page from the top to the bottom and you will consitantly be competitive"
GREAT quote, and so true.

coachspeak33
05-17-2007, 12:04 PM
And your over-the-top anti-Rooney rants ad nauseam have been such a pleasure to read. How did this franchise ever make it to its 75th birthday with those boobs in charge? :rolleyes:

Just curious.....Why are your expectations of the rooneys so low???

fansince'76
05-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Just curious.....Why are your expectations of the rooneys so low???

:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging: :chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-17-2007, 12:09 PM
:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging: :chuckle:

:sofunny::sofunny:

tony hipchest
05-17-2007, 12:12 PM
I was just reading an article from last years "Lindeys Preview"....where Rooney was explaining the formula for continued success .......he said "the secret to having a successful organization is by having stability in the Front Office and having faith in the coaching staff....Players will ALWAYS come and go...and any stability placed upon players is a risky gamble...Draft well...draft for character..and make sure that you organization is on the same page from the top to the bottom and you will consitantly be competitive"great LLT! now youre gonna have to explain to litp why rooney would even release this type of information to the media. :dang:

robert kraft would never put his organization at such a competitive disadvantage by discussing methods and plans for the future. now were doomed! :rolleyes:

rbryan
05-17-2007, 04:25 PM
nothing wrong with educating yourself on the things you express opinions about....
it still feels good to be an educated steelers fan....you should try it :cheers:

I have no doubt that you think you're an educated Steeler fan, unfortunately you're the only one.