PDA

View Full Version : Barlow issued #22

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-12-2007, 11:13 AM
12 May 2007

Kevan Barlow, Pittsburghs recently signed Runningback, was issued jersey #22 today. This is of course the number recently made available by the release of Duce Staley.
Barlow was also given Staleys old locker and plans on spending the day removing grey sweatsuits and several old metal tins of dominos.

83-Steelers-43
05-12-2007, 11:17 AM
The fact that he does have Duce's old number and locker should inspire him to not end up like Duce Staley......selfish and having absolutely zero self control when it comes to staying in shape.

Eitherway, I'm sure the ones who completely disagree with the signing will have a field day with this little tidbit of information...lol.

Elvis
05-13-2007, 07:16 AM
I dont mind the pick up of Barlow I guess, getting the ole number of Duce wont effect his performance on the field I am sure of that. I like that number on a RB it reminds me of one of the greatest of all time in Dallas... anyone remember Emmit? I hope that Barlow does well and takes some of the pressure off Willie and suplants Najeh.
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Galax Steeler
05-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Barlow will be fine if the line can do the blocking and faneca don't just let the defense run in to the backfield.

Atlanta Dan
05-13-2007, 08:01 AM
I love the signing, but his can't be good karma can it....

Nope

Running back Kevan Barlow's right ankle was injured in the morning drills, and he missed the rest of the day's practices.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07133/785688-66.stm

Hopefully Barlow also will get a set of Duce's gray sweats to model on the sidelines

14dathum
05-13-2007, 04:14 PM
duce sucked and so will barlow

fansince'76
05-13-2007, 04:23 PM
duce sucked and so will barlow

Probably why he was signed cheap. Low risk, low reward.

ChronoCross
05-13-2007, 04:39 PM
The last 22 looked like this;

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/268150.jpg

ChronoCross
05-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Wonder if Duce and Barlow will share a good game of Dominos after its all done and remember there short lived days in the black and gold. :P

http://www.enflyer.com/app/file_root/1769/Images/deuce.jpg

stlrtruck
05-14-2007, 08:32 AM
I wasn't thrilled with the signing but I've always believed in the team and the FO for making the right personnel decisions. So now I'm hoping that he doesn't turn into the last 22 that was here.

And only time will tell if he came here for a roster spot or just to wear a uniform a few more seasons. I'm sure playing for the Panthers, he knows what the City of Pittsburgh is about and how near and dear they hold their sports teams.

So Mr. Barlow - I toast you this morning and I hope that your statements about coming to be a competitor for a roster spot are true!!

Good luck!

Davison_K
05-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Year Team GP GS ATT Y AVG LG TD 20+ 1st
2004 Pittsburgh Steelers 10 10 192 830 4.3 38 1 3 38

I wonder how many of you were complaining those first ten games, I know that I was quite pleased with it. Actually before the Eagles game he was a beast averaging over 100 yards per game. I was content with that kind of stats. And hell we aren't even asking him to start.

steelwolf21
05-14-2007, 11:18 AM
I liked Staley when he was an Eagle and I was really happy when the Steelers signed him. Plus I remember there was an article which said he supposedly approached Cowher and said if it's between him and the Bus he's content to be deactivated and let the bus have his last run, which I thought was pretty nice, if it was true I don't know. Anyway I was really dissapointed when he couldn't get in shape or stay healthy and was released, but I think Barlow may do better. He's no feature back but he'll be a great speller for Fast Willy

coachspeak33
05-14-2007, 11:36 AM
barlow is insurance in case Najeh gets hurt....Najeh has struggled with injuries in the past....a safe, low-risk signing IMO....better safe than sorry....

the real question is this...so what is barlow's nickname gonna be? He went to school at Pitt, better check with all his ex-gf's....cause the dumptruck is already taken..lol...

is it humanly possible that Najeh Davenport is literally the ONLY HUMAN BEING ON THE ENTIRE PLANET to dump on a ex-gf's laundry basket of clean clothes???? congrats Najeh, your grandchildren will be very proud of the legacy you have left all of us....HAHAHA!

Preacher
08-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Interesting!

It sure would be nice if we picked up another UDFA, and turn him into a star!

83-Steelers-43
08-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Fwiw, I saw William Gay sporting #22 up at Latrobe, not Barlow.

SteelCityMan786
08-05-2007, 11:37 AM
The fact that he does have Duce's old number and locker should inspire him to not end up like Duce Staley......selfish and having absolutely zero self control when it comes to staying in shape.

Eitherway, I'm sure the ones who completely disagree with the signing will have a field day with this little tidbit of information...lol.

His jersey could be 22 or 222, I think he's going to end up better then Staley.

SteelersMongol
08-05-2007, 10:14 PM
I liked Staley when he was an Eagle and I was really happy when the Steelers signed him ... Anyway I was really dissapointed when he couldn't get in shape or stay healthy and was released ...

Same way here.

... I remember there was an article which said he supposedly approached Cowher and said if it's between him and the Bus he's content to be deactivated and let the bus have his last run, which I thought was pretty nice, if it was true I don't know ...

If it's true that's awesome.

Getting someone's old number is not gonna hurt him. It's just the number. It's like if someone called you stupid, and is that mean you have to act like one. What matters most is what do you think you can offer to the Steelers.

delhess
08-05-2007, 10:28 PM
let's face it. we (pittsburgh fans) love a story like barlow, and his style, and want him to be a bettis style runner. short yardage situations, whatever.

reality is that he's a third stringer, and with by the looks of things tonight (HOF Game), he may have plenty of competition to stay on the roster.

delhess
08-05-2007, 11:04 PM
true, william gay is sporting #22 at hof game

SteelCityMan786
08-05-2007, 11:42 PM
I guess that 22 remark was a joke.

AvoidLLoyd95
08-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Barlow will be surpassed by Carey Davis. Barlow was put in for one carry and pulled. As he was coming of the field you could see him mouthing " why am I coming out?" Likely because he isn't up to snuff anymore. Right now my prediction is it will be Parker, Davis, Davenport and Haynes on the roster withy Kuhn on the PSquad.I will be surprised if Davis does not make the team .

stlrtruck
08-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Maybe he got #22 so he can finally bring some credibility back to it.

Elvis
08-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Barlow will not make this final roster, atleast I hope not. He showed me nothing and he has a long way to go to catch up to Davis and co.
:tt02:

SteelCityMan786
08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Barlow will not make this final roster, atleast I hope not. He showed me nothing and he has a long way to go to catch up to Davis and co.
:tt02:

He didn't play long enough for me to say he should be off the roster. We still have 4 more pre-season games.