PDA

View Full Version : Gibson spits in the Steelers faces

figg
09-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Rather than signing with the Steelers practice squad he signed with Miami's :rolleyes:
He must have said to himself if they think Mays is better than me I got no future here.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_370872.html

scroll down to x's and o's.

Koopa
09-05-2005, 12:55 AM
well i wanted him to land on his feet but miami ps? forget that, i'd rather be on the steelers ps then go to that mess. he most not feel wanted here, and thinks he has more of a chance to make it with the dolphins. oh well we got walter young on the ps and that's good enough. and i'm really happy to see that wards deal is almost done, cause now he don't have to worry about getting hurt he can just go out there and play worry free sorta.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-05-2005, 02:24 AM
He may have a chance to start sooner and play more down in Miami since they are rebuilding anyways. I understand he's pissed off and upset, hurt, etc... I still wish we'd have kept this guy!

figg
09-05-2005, 02:41 AM
He may have a chance to start sooner and play more down in Miami since they are rebuilding anyways. I understand he's pissed off and upset, hurt, etc... I still wish we'd have kept this guy!

Maybe Cowher was trying to give him some tough love because of Gibsons college habits(when he's not the primary WR on the play he doesnt run good routes- he doesnt come back to the ball either). Maybe he'll come to his senses and cut Mays!

Prosdo
09-05-2005, 03:43 AM
I was really hoping we would end up with him. Still seems like such a wasted draft pick.

slashsteel
09-05-2005, 06:57 AM
Gibson had his opportunities, and didn't take advantage. He has nothing but himself to blame for being cut................

clevestinks
09-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Now we wasted a fourth round pick. Hmmmmm.

Not real happy about they way things worked out. I thought after he was drafted that he really might turn out to be a good one.

Stlrs4Life
09-05-2005, 10:02 AM
I wanted Gibson to stay also. But I think the play of young Nate Washington, and the experience of Morey on ST that sealed his fate.

bigbensgirl7
09-05-2005, 10:59 AM
I still feel like that 4th round pick was a waste, but oh well! Enough worring about that...we have a season getting ready to start in less than 1 week!!!!! Here we go Steelers, Here we go!!!!

TasmanianTroy271
09-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Hopefully Nate wasn't a flash in the pan, and Gibson turns out not being worth the time and effort to get him good :P

SteelerSal
09-05-2005, 11:20 AM
I have a feeling this might be for the best, Gibson might be a head case.

Prosdo
09-05-2005, 11:21 AM
I wanted Gibson to stay also. But I think the play of young Nate Washington, and the experience of Morey on ST that sealed his fate.

I agree with you. I think Nate Washington just really came out and played. I think he definitely was a factor in Gibson not making the 53 man roster.

SteelR1
09-05-2005, 11:46 AM
It sucks we lost a 4th round pick, but if I was Gibson I probaly would have done the same thing...

He'll alot better chance to see playing time in Miami.... Wish him the best!!

Suitanim
09-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Miami is also warmer than the 'Burgh, and he's from S. Georgia....that might have a lot to do with it.

rowedf
09-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Ya, it was a waste, but at least they aren't locking up a roster spot with him like they did with A. Jackson for the past 3 years. Take your lumps and move on, I'm glad they handled it this way.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Waste of a 4th rounder.

Oh well...now I hope he's a huge bust in Miami.

clevestinks
09-06-2005, 04:26 PM
A bust yes. But hopefully Quincy Morgan is a huge improvement .

Prosdo
09-06-2005, 04:44 PM
I think he will be. I was disappointed when we released Gibson, but then again there was always Nate Washington to be happy about. Wasn't pleased about Mays making it when he has a significant injury, but the addition of Morgan makes me feel better about it. As I said before was never real big on Mays.

Blitzburgh55
09-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Hmmmmm
Steelers or Dolphins who i play for :rolleyes:
Only reason he would go to the dolphins is to get some pot :bouncy:

Steel Fury
09-06-2005, 10:13 PM
I think he must have had character issues for them to release the 4th rounder. We don't need any off field issues or locker room problems.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-06-2005, 11:19 PM
A bust yes. But hopefully Quincy Morgan is a huge improvement .

AFter Gibsons pre season showing, that won't be too hard! ;)

Black-n-Gold
09-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Hmmmmm
Steelers or Dolphins who i play for :rolleyes:
Only reason he would go to the dolphins is to get some pot :bouncy:

Pot? Isn't that Dallas? oh wait I think thats coke...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Irvin..Ricky Williams.. eh, whats the difference :rofl:

STEELERDYNASTY
09-07-2005, 01:10 PM
I hope the wasted picks of the past Zo (2nd round),and Gibson (4th round) don't come back to haunt us like Vrable and Fraley did.

I liked Gibson as our 4th reciever too.

rowedf
09-07-2005, 02:40 PM
I really do not understand all this hype over Gibson???

What did he do in camp or preseason that warranted this fan club? I just did NOT see it at all! He had a decent career at GA, but nothing spectcular. I loved the selection when I first heard it, but after I heard 3-4 interviews with the guy, wow did he sound arrogant, cocky, and way to confident. Then when I saw his lackluster style of play.....I liked the move of releasing him.

Go_Cats
09-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Hopefully Nate wasn't a flash in the pan, and Gibson turns out not being worth the time and effort to get him good :P
another draft pick well spent :rolleyes:

ironcitychef
09-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Wasn't there a question on his motivation. Could had plenty of talent, but just doesn't want to go all out?

acrossthepond
09-08-2005, 02:43 PM
another draft pick well spent :rolleyes:

Draft picks are all projections with alot of uncertainty factored in (even in the early part of the first round, there's potential for huge busts). At the time of Gibson's pick, most people on here (myself included) were congratulating the Steelers on fantastic value in Round 4 (due to his upside - hoped his inconsistency and other negatives would disappear) . . .

When we look back on this draft in a couple of years time, I reckon we'll think it was a pretty good one . . . Miller (if he stays injury free), McFadden, Boo Wallace and Kemeatu should all have at least above average careers and in the case of I reckon Miller, Wallace and Kemeatu quite likely, exceptional ones. Essex looks better than most of us thought when he was select (jury still out on him). Noah Herron may be pretty good for a 7th rounder and who knows with Shaun Nua? (he's shown flashes) . . .

I wouldn't be too concerned at a few poor picks - we've made some pretty inspired picks too . . .

Koopa
09-08-2005, 04:52 PM
well we got morgan so i don't care about gibson anymore, after reading all this stuff on him my mind has changed a lot about him. i hope he does well in miami, but i'm glad we took this head case of this team, just upset we lost a fourth round pick

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Well when they compared him to Plexiglass I guess they were closer with their prediction than they thought. A complete selfish non producing bum with an attitude