PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger: Over-Hyped Or Over-Judged?

SteelersFever
05-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Title: Ben Roethlisberger: Over-Hyped Or Over-Judged?
Source: Steelers Fever
Date: 5/12/07
Author: Tom Van Wyhe

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0730.html

Summary: Any NFL fan who paid any sort of attention to the Pittsburgh Steelers last season noticed that there were problems with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. He played out of character and seemingly unfocused.

ChronoCross
05-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Id like to see another QB go threw what Ben did, come back under weight, missed a ton of work out with his WRs, push back to soon and do better.

Over Judged... A healthy Big Ben this season will show that Cowher and company did wrong by Ben last season by pushing him back to soon, not to mention a medicore O Line who seemed to not be able to keep Ben off his back..

FastWillieParker39
05-12-2007, 08:04 PM
If Ben under performs again this year, then yes he will be over hyped but I expect the old Ben to be back. When he was healthy the offense clicked very well the last 8 games (except for the Ratbirds).

fansince'76
05-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Over-judged as far as 2006 goes, but that's the nature of the QB position in the NFL. Too much credit (usually) when the team wins, too much blame (usually) when it loses. It's also why QBs get the biggest bucks of all.

Edman
05-12-2007, 08:51 PM
2007 will tell us everything we need to know about Big Ben. Was 2006 just a fluky aberration? We'll see.

Ben has a lot of critics to silence this year.

SteelCityMan786
05-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Id like to see another QB go threw what Ben did, come back under weight, missed a ton of work out with his WRs, push back to soon and do better.

Over Judged... A healthy Big Ben this season will show that Cowher and company did wrong by Ben last season by pushing him back to soon, not to mention a medicore O Line who seemed to not be able to keep Ben off his back..

:iagree:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Over judged....

And has a lot to prove this year!!!!

FastWillieParker39
05-12-2007, 11:32 PM
I like Ben in this "he has a lot to prove." It seems when he does have a lot to prove, he usually proves everyone wrong!

ChronoCross
05-13-2007, 06:15 PM
http://steelturman.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/art_cheese.JPG

HometownGal
05-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Most definitely over-judged. Every NFL QB goes through a rough patch, but in Ben's case, because of all of the extenuating circumstances last season, his rough patch lasted a bit longer than most. He has had the off-season to reflect upon his shortcomings last season and get himself mentally (and emotionally) prepared for the coming season. I think we're not only going to see a "smarter" Ben, but a much stronger Ben. :tt02:

TackleMeBen
05-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Most definitely over-judged. Every NFL QB goes through a rough patch, but in Ben's case, because of all of the extenuating circumstances last season, his rough patch lasted a bit longer than most. He has had the off-season to reflect upon his shortcomings last season and get himself mentally (and emotionally) prepared for the coming season. I think we're not only going to see a "smarter" Ben, but a much stronger Ben. :tt02:

:iagree:

PAMillerGrrl83
05-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Seriousley over judged. Critics will be silenced this up coming season I have faith!

TackleMeBen
05-14-2007, 09:30 AM
he has been over judged b/c he came out and played so well the first two seasons and won a superbowl already. but look at it this way at least we dont have an over-hyped eli manning.. now that is one person that is definately over-hyped.

steelwolf21
05-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Seriousley over judged. Critics will be silenced this up coming season I have faith!

:coffee: :iagree:

rbryan
05-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Both. He was over judged last season due to being over hyped to begin with. He is special and COULD be one of the greatest to play for the Black & Gold, but that remains to be seen. Numbers don't lie, He is a much better QB with 25 or less attempts a game. IOW, without an above avgerage running game, he becomes an average QB.

Thats not to say that he won't get better and perhaps get to a point where he can carry the team throwing 30-40 times a game, but now we're talking about going against the Steelers basic philosophy.