PDA

View Full Version : Verron Haynes

Jeremy
05-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Did you know he has his own web site?

Anyway, do you think we'll resign him or are we happy with Kevan Barlow as our third down back? Personally, I'd like to see Haynes resigned and get a shot at the backup role.

Thoughts?

pittsburghp8baller
05-13-2007, 10:18 AM
yea i really liked verron. but when the steelers signed barlow i think that pretty much made the statement that they arent goin to re-sign verron

Jeremy
05-13-2007, 10:20 AM
yea i really liked verron. but when the steelers signed barlow i think that pretty much made the statement that they arent goin to re-sign verron

I just don't see it that way. Barlow is nothing special. He'll probably make the roster, but it's not like we're a better team because of him. After all, this is a guy who basically lost his job to a converted quaterback. That doesn't say much about him now does it?

In any event, I hope Verron lands on his feet because the FO gave him a raw deal. We put up with Faneca's crap, but we cut Verron loose. Just doesn't make sense to me.

polamalufan43
05-13-2007, 11:44 AM
As of now, I think that they might resogn Verron. Unless they say there is no way in hell, then I think they will down the road.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

steelersfanman92
05-13-2007, 12:01 PM
yea think they will resign him eventually

The Duke
05-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Have Haynes Barlow and other rookies fight for roster spot.If he stays healthy I say Haynes will probably make the team

fansince'76
05-13-2007, 12:22 PM
I just don't see it that way. Barlow is nothing special. He'll probably make the roster, but it's not like we're a better team because of him. After all, this is a guy who basically lost his job to a converted quaterback. That doesn't say much about him now does it?

In any event, I hope Verron lands on his feet because the FO gave him a raw deal. We put up with Faneca's crap, but we cut Verron loose. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I gotta agree, Jeremy - I thought Verron would at least be given the opportunity to compete for his own job. Hopefully, they'll resign him and he'll get that chance.

verks36
05-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Did you know he has his own web site?

Anyway, do you think we'll resign him or are we happy with Kevan Barlow as our third down back? Personally, I'd like to see Haynes resigned and get a shot at the backup role.

Thoughts?

link to his site please

Jeremy
05-13-2007, 12:27 PM
http://www.verronhaynes.com/

ChronoCross
05-13-2007, 04:29 PM
it all depends on verron rehab and how soon he can get back.

Galax Steeler
05-14-2007, 05:05 AM
I believe veron will be given a shot at his old job.

stlrtruck
05-14-2007, 08:47 AM
If he can heal himself quickly, I don't see why the Steelers wouldn't at least do him the professional courtesy of asking him to come to camp.

He's definitely been a great back (IMHO). He's been reliable on third downs out of the back field and I think he was one of the greats to go unnoticed in his role. He accepted it and from what I can tell - always pushed to be better.

I, too, hope that he lands on his feet, if not with the Steelers, somewhere else not in the AFCN!