PDA

View Full Version : Let's get the optimism flowing!

FastWillieParker39
05-13-2007, 10:55 AM
So this past week hasn't been all that great with Faneca saying this is his last year, and Woodley and Timmons getting hurt.

But hey c'mon lets get some positive energy flowing on the boards!

Ben will be back, the Tomlinator will be a kick ass coach, Polamalu will step up as a leader and YES THE STEELERS WILL BE BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

HERE WE GO STEELERS!! :tt02: :tt02:

HometownGal
05-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Right on brotha! :cheers: :tt02:

The Noll and Cowher eras are in the past - we are now entering the Tomlin era! :tt02: :tt02: Time to get energized and get those Terrible Towels out of the closet - camp is right around the bend!

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20051101mf_stiller_crowd_myronPJ_450.jpg

fansince'76
05-13-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm taking the same view I take every year at this time about the Steelers - cautious optimism. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Duke
05-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Oh i'm not worried, we'll get back on track.

rbryan
05-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Might as well be optimistic. It won't make you feel any better after a crappy season just because you may have pedicted it. It's our Pittsburgh upbringing which makes a lot of us this way. "Don't get too excited, just in case it doesn't work out"

SteelersMongol
05-13-2007, 11:51 AM
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Galax Steeler
05-14-2007, 04:07 AM
Lets go steelers!!!!!!!!!!

stlrtruck
05-14-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm taking the same view I take every year at this time about the Steelers - cautious optimism. Nothing more, nothing less.

I too am taking the same approach that I take every time this year

1 - Undefeated season
2 - Super Bowl
3 - Annoying all the non-Steeler fans with how great my team truly is while theirs are content with mediocrcy

:tt03: :sign01: :tt02: :cheer:

TackleMeBen
05-14-2007, 08:14 AM
I too am taking the same approach that I take every time this year

1 - Undefeated season
2 - Super Bowl
3 - Annoying all the non-Steeler fans with how great my team truly is while theirs are content with mediocrcy

:tt03: :sign01: :tt02: :cheer:

:iagree: i had a friend of mine tell me that the lions are going to have a better record this season than the steelers. i told him to please stop smoking whatever it is that makes him say that...:tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-14-2007, 08:37 AM
I live in Cleveland and every Browns fan around here must be smoking some laced weed,because they are all hallucinating saying the Brownies will have a better record than the Steelers,win the division,and win the Super Bowl.

Here's my outlook:

Steelers go 11-5 at the worst at least getting a Wild Card,might even win the division.

Big Ben wins Comeback Player of the Year.

Steelers kick some Brownie ass twice again this year,and we also sweep the Bungals.

TackleMeBen
05-14-2007, 08:52 AM
I live in Cleveland and every Browns fan around here must be smoking some laced weed,because they are all hallucinating saying the Brownies will have a better record than the Steelers,win the division,and win the Super Bowl.

Here's my outlook:

Steelers go 11-5 at the worst at least getting a Wild Card,might even win the division.

Big Ben wins Comeback Player of the Year.

Steelers kick some Brownie ass twice again this year,and we also sweep the Bungals.

maybe you should tell the browns fans to all chip in and get winslow a new bike so he can practice being a stunt double for hollywood....lol.. b/c that is the only thing i think he will have a good career at..lol

kmsteelerwr15
05-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Ya I got all the panthers fans saying how great they are b/c of Steve Smith and J-Pep, but what they dont realize it takes a complete team to win a championship and i think we have that again and we will bounce back with our NFL record 6th Super Bowl Title!!!!!!!
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

steelwolf21
05-14-2007, 10:32 AM
I reckon its between the Bungles and the Steelers for the division title, I'm expecting the dirty flying rats to fall apart bout halfway through the season as half their players were around to see William win at Hastings. I think the Bengals'll be the real challenge, and I'm cautiously optimistic we'll have what it takes to at least level the series like the last two years and make the playoffs!

83-Steelers-43
05-14-2007, 10:48 AM
http://www.wooster.edu/geology/FYSVarga05/Images/Frankenstein "Optimism baaaad, grrr...Rooney crazy, season lost.". :coffee:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-14-2007, 11:26 AM
I reckon its between the Bungles and the Steelers for the division title, I'm expecting the dirty flying rats to fall apart bout halfway through the season as half their players were around to see William win at Hastings. I think the Bengals'll be the real challenge, and I'm cautiously optimistic we'll have what it takes to at least level the series like the last two years and make the playoffs!

I don't see the Bungals as a threat.They have no defense whatsoever to speak of.Can't stop the run and Leon Hall won't do much as a rookie so there goes stopping the pass.

Also,our defense has stopped Carson & Co. before.Thier offense doesn't scare me one bit.

The team that scares me is the Ravens.Thier defense is still going to be one of the best in the league.

FastWillieParker39
05-14-2007, 11:44 AM
My outlook is the Steelers will be 10-6 and make it in the playoffs as a wild card.

vasteeler
05-14-2007, 11:48 AM
this is the kind of thread we have needed for a while
we will be in the playoffs hopefully go deep into the playoffs:tt02:

rbryan
05-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Ravens reminded us last year that you still win with Defense. Losing A Thomas should hurt thier chances somewhat, but they always play us tough. I'm looking for more of a challenge from them than the Bungholes, I think they are on thier way back down for another 15 years or so, just like locust. Browns will finish higher than Cincy IMO

SteelerFanInCA
05-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Looking forward to the 07 season and getting this thing turned around. I have a good vibe about the upcoming football season. :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

coachspeak33
05-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Obviously this is nothing more than a mere hunch.....but with each day that passes since his hire, i get more confident in mike tomlin
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Buzz05
05-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Obviously this is nothing more than a mere hunch.....but with each day that passes since his hire, i get more confident in mike tomlin
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Im the same way. There is something about Tomlin that just makes me believe :tt02:

ChronoCross
05-14-2007, 01:22 PM
On the day of are SB vs Seattle, My wife had a baby Girl, we named her Faith, Faith in that my health gets better, faith in that the Steelers win the SB. And yet again I have Faith in Tomlin to do good by us and bring us to the glory of a 6 SB Trophy.

fansince'76
05-14-2007, 02:27 PM
On the day of are SB vs Seattle, My wife had a baby Girl, we named her Faith, Faith in that my health gets better....

It's posts like these that help me put things back in perspective and remember it's just a game. Thanks, Chrono - great post.

Layin the wood
05-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Steelers WILL be 11-5 and go to the playoffs. Timmons and Woodley will make a huge difference and Barlow will be a nice backup to Fast Willie!!!!

yinzer-inseattle
05-14-2007, 02:50 PM
At some point (this year) Tomlin's approach to life and football will crystalize with this team, and when it does ...... watch out! We have a very talented team, depth, a great FO and awesome fans. What more can we ask for?

Call it optimism or reality, IMHO, the Steelers are still in the upper echelon of the NFL.

FastWillieParker39
05-14-2007, 04:11 PM
On the day of are SB vs Seattle, My wife had a baby Girl, we named her Faith, Faith in that my health gets better, faith in that the Steelers win the SB. And yet again I have Faith in Tomlin to do good by us and bring us to the glory of a 6 SB Trophy.

great post man! :tt02:

polamalufan43
05-14-2007, 05:10 PM
So this past week hasn't been all that great with Faneca saying this is his last year, and Woodley and Timmons getting hurt.

But hey c'mon lets get some positive energy flowing on the boards!

Ben will be back, the Tomlinator will be a kick ass coach, Polamalu will step up as a leader and YES THE STEELERS WILL BE BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

HERE WE GO STEELERS!! :tt02: :tt02:

And they all said AMEN
And drank down a few Arhn's while cheering the Steelers :dancing: :alcohol:

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

blackngoldbaby
05-14-2007, 05:43 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!! :tt: :tt: I SOOO CAN NOT WAIT TILL TRAINING CAMP!!I have a really good feeling towards this season.

steelwolf21
05-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Following the Steelers superbowl victory in 06, I went to the Fifa World Cup in Germany, while there I was inspired to rewrite the greatest England fan's song 'Three Lions on a Shirt' to celebrate the Steelers victory. I thought it may be appropriate to share my drunken scribblings with all who are interested. If you don't know the tune, it's all over the internet download it, its great but here is the rewritten version 'Three Stars on a Shirt'

So many jokes, so many sneers
But all those oh-so-nears
Wear you down
Through the years
But now we have that tackle by Ben
and Randle throwin again
Bettis pounding the ball
and Hines still smiling

chorus:
Three Stars on a shirt
5 Lombardis gleaming
Twenty Years of hurt
Never stopped me dreaming

(radio excerpts from 1966 England World Cup victory in the original so I figured what better than the radio excerpt from the Colts game save I couldn't remember how it went exactly but it something along the lines of:)
'He missed it! He missed it folks Repack your bags call up the travel agent we're going to Denver!'
and of course you have to include:
And Bradshaw back and looking again... Bradshaw running out of the pocket... looking for someone to throw to fires it downfield.. and there's a collision and it's caught out of the air! the ball's pulled down by Franco Harris. Harris is going for a touchdown for Pittsburgh! Out of nowhere came Franco Harris riding a white stallion down the field, heading up Franco's Italian Army!

It's coming home
it's coming
Football's coming home
It's coming home
It's coming home
It's coming
Football's Coming home
Pittsburgh have done it!!

verse 2:

And down through all those years
they were sure
it was 4
& out for
the gold & black
but now we're back
& can proudly say
they've got it done
it was fun
the one for the f***ing thumb!

repeat chorus*2 and fade

Time to start work on the other hand!

verks36
05-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Go u mighty mighty steel men!!!!!!!!

Go u mighty mighties go!!!!!!!!!!

kmsteelerwr15
05-15-2007, 04:45 PM
http://www.wooster.edu/geology/FYSVarga05/Images/Frankenstein "Optimism baaaad, grrr...Rooney crazy, season lost.". :coffee:

LMAO :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: !!!!

Mistah_Q
05-21-2007, 08:01 PM
I don't see one area where this team isn't better than it was last year

Including Center. No way is Mahan or Okobi anywhere near as good as Hartings near his prime. . but Hartings last year? Certainly.

The rest of the O-line? Everyone is healthy for once, I hope it stays that way, and we have young guys Colon and Kemoeatu ready to challenge for starting roles. We have another young guy Essex who's not so good, but them's the breaks.

Everyone else is healthy. Ward is a year older but Reid is healthy, Santonio should come unto his own, as should Washington - and we got a heck of a steal in Baker, probably mostly because of what program he came from. . . hopefully he can work out.

Including RB too. It's not much of an improvement but Parker should be getting into his prime, Dumptruck should be both healthy and down with our system, and Barlow on the pine is just as good as Staley in sweatpants.

QB? Yeah, we could use a guy - Batch won't live forever, and Frenchie boy? I wish we had Omar Jacobs instead. But batch is still at the moment a good backup, and our starter hasn't (yet) been in a near-death motorcycle incident this offseason and won't need any appendectomies, either.

Including LB too. Porter's gone and we have to miss out on pimp-daddy. Timmons and Woodley anyone? Coach actually letting Harrison have a chance at starting should immediately bring things up to about equal with last year's squad as far as starting firepower, and adding Timmons and Woodley not only increases that, but fills in depth as well.

Secondary? Admittedly this hinges on McFadden becoming what we think he can. And I think he can. The Safeties are what, the same personnel, but Anthony Smith should be ready to go.

Special teams? For once, you better believe it.

I'm not calling this an all-star team here. I'm saying that at this conjecture, we're at least as good as we were last year, in every area.

Unless we have a terrible rash of injuries, there's not much reason for the team to outright 'suck' - if they do, then yeah, probably I'll blame Arians/coaching at that time. But as of now, I'm willing to 'wait and see.'

GBMelBlount
05-21-2007, 10:31 PM
I don't see one area where this team isn't better than it was last year

Including Center. No way is Mahan or Okobi anywhere near as good as Hartings near his prime. . but Hartings last year? Certainly.

The rest of the O-line? Everyone is healthy for once, I hope it stays that way, and we have young guys Colon and Kemoeatu ready to challenge for starting roles. We have another young guy Essex who's not so good, but them's the breaks.

Everyone else is healthy. Ward is a year older but Reid is healthy, Santonio should come unto his own, as should Washington - and we got a heck of a steal in Baker, probably mostly because of what program he came from. . . hopefully he can work out.

Including RB too. It's not much of an improvement but Parker should be getting into his prime, Dumptruck should be both healthy and down with our system, and Barlow on the pine is just as good as Staley in sweatpants.

QB? Yeah, we could use a guy - Batch won't live forever, and Frenchie boy? I wish we had Omar Jacobs instead. But batch is still at the moment a good backup, and our starter hasn't (yet) been in a near-death motorcycle incident this offseason and won't need any appendectomies, either.

Including LB too. Porter's gone and we have to miss out on pimp-daddy. Timmons and Woodley anyone? Coach actually letting Harrison have a chance at starting should immediately bring things up to about equal with last year's squad as far as starting firepower, and adding Timmons and Woodley not only increases that, but fills in depth as well.

Secondary? Admittedly this hinges on McFadden becoming what we think he can. And I think he can. The Safeties are what, the same personnel, but Anthony Smith should be ready to go.

Special teams? For once, you better believe it.

I'm not calling this an all-star team here. I'm saying that at this conjecture, we're at least as good as we were last year, in every area.

Unless we have a terrible rash of injuries, there's not much reason for the team to outright 'suck' - if they do, then yeah, probably I'll blame Arians/coaching at that time. But as of now, I'm willing to 'wait and see.'

Dude Q, that Q song will always be your sig in my book! I hope your right that this freaky OL thing works out & CB stuff. Our new LB's might take a year. Agree on ST's. Anywhoooo, love the enthusiasm!!!!! GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

SteelerWatch
05-21-2007, 10:48 PM
This year has excellent potential. Consider that this is the first time in a long time that most positions will be up for grabs. The only guarantees on offense at this point are Roethlisberger, Miller, Ward, Parker and Kreider. Defensively its Hamton, Aaron Smith, Farrior and Polamalu. It's safe to say that every other position on the field is up for grabs -- that's 13 spots! Even Faneca is about to yap himself out of a starting spot. Had Cowher been here again this year, it likely would have been more of the same old stuff -- including Peezy, because Bill wouldn't let his puppy go.

What that does is a) make the incumbents work harder, because they aren't guaranteed a spot, and b) make the backups fight doubly hard, because now they actually have a shot. And, dare I say, we have a coach who has the same mentality and (from what we can see at this early point in his career) approach to the game as St. Chuck the Beloved.

The fact is that now everyone on the team has to earn his money -- and in professional sports, that's always a good thing.

qbvision.com
05-22-2007, 07:19 PM
:tt02::tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02::tt02: :tt02::tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

The towels are starting to waive......and by the way I read wild card....uhm...i really think division TITLE..Playoffs...and then more than likely SUPER BOWL!!

GO STEELERS!!