PDA

View Full Version : Not the best start for our new players

Sharkissle29
05-13-2007, 12:06 PM
http://news.steelers.com/article/76529/
Barlow, Timmon, and Woodley cant even finish a mini-camp.

haha keep the optimism flowing though!:cheer: :cheer:

MACH1
05-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Holmes is hurt too. Think its a pulled hammy.

Galax Steeler
05-14-2007, 04:08 AM
I think barlow came back sunday

stlrtruck
05-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Just think of it this way - they are getting it out of the way now so when the real thing is upon us, they'll be as healthy and strong as a mule!

Atlanta Dan
05-14-2007, 07:36 AM
The Trib-Review columnist John Harrris already is on Timmons for missing practice while implying he is out of shape

Time to grow up, Timmons

Being on the field for your first minicamp would also have helped squash those nasty rumors about you not always being in tip-top shape. One of the underlying reasons given for some teams allegedly removing you from their draft boards was a nagging question about your conditioning, given that you appeared winded between drills at your Florida State Pro Day in March.

I know, I know. Anybody can injure their groin. It was a fluke accident, right? But not everybody is the Steelers' top draft pick, who was personally endorsed by the new head coach who just happened to replace Bill Cowher. Not to mention, the new coach who already has his plate full because of the Alan Faneca situation, who doesn't have time to worry about whether those nasty rumors about his top draft pick not always being in tip-top shape are true.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/columnists/harris/s_507519.html

kmsteelerwr15
05-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Ya McFadden got hurt also but its may so they got time

Livinginthe past
05-14-2007, 11:54 AM
I find it difficult to imagine that any team in the NFl removed Timmons from their draft board altogether based on 'conditioning' concerns.

Im not sure how the chain of logic leads Timmons to be reponsible for the hiring of Tomlin as replacement for Cowher or even what it has to do with anything?

fansince'76
05-14-2007, 12:05 PM
Gotta love these sportswriters who probably never played any football at higher than a high school level, if they ever played at all:

What you don't have right now is a true understanding for what it takes to be a pro.

OK, Mr. Harris, when can I expect to see your name on the HoF ballot, since you obviously know everything there is to know about playing in the NFL?

Lawrence, the more that you're on the field, the more times you can flash that quickness and burst to the football that makes you such a dangerous playmaker, the better off that you, and the Steelers, will be.

Um, it's a minicamp dude, not the AFCCG - lighten up.

I know what you told me Saturday, that you can learn a lot just from observing, but that's my job, young fellow. I'm paid to observe.

IOW, play Monday morning QB. A piece of advice for you, Mr. Harris - zip it.

83-Steelers-43
05-14-2007, 12:07 PM
It's May 14. Deep breath in..........and slowly exhale.

Sharkissle29
05-14-2007, 12:24 PM
It's May 14. Deep breath in..........and slowly exhale.

just saying they're gettin hurt in mini camp...hopefully this isnt a preview of what will come during the season

83-Steelers-43
05-14-2007, 12:27 PM
just saying they're gettin hurt in mini camp...hopefully this isnt a preview of what will come during the season

My comments pertained to Mr. Harris's article on Timmons. Eitherway, injuries occur (mild ones from all reports) in camp. If we could get through MC and TC completely injury-free I would be very shocked.

May 14.

tony hipchest
05-14-2007, 12:27 PM
I find it difficult to imagine that any team in the NFl removed Timmons from their draft board altogether based on 'conditioning' concerns.

Im not sure how the chain of logic leads Timmons to be reponsible for the hiring of Tomlin as replacement for Cowher or even what it has to do with anything?

"is the Steelers' top draft pick, who was personally endorsed by the new head coach who just happened to replace Bill Cowher."

the writer is saying tomlin endorsed (was responsible for hiring) timmons, not vice versa.

sounds like harris just doesnt like the pick. no way timmons was removed from peoples boards. dropped down them, maybe.

SteelerFanInCA
05-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Purely off season garbage and nothing else to write about I guess. :dang:

Injuries happen!!!

Livinginthe past
05-14-2007, 12:32 PM
"is the Steelers' top draft pick, who was personally endorsed by the new head coach who just happened to replace Bill Cowher."

the writer is saying tomlin endorsed (was responsible for hiring) timmons, not vice versa.

sounds like harris just doesnt like the pick. no way timmons was removed from peoples boards. dropped down them, maybe.

Yeah I didn't word that right - what I meant was - the mention of ex-coach Cowher was extremely contrived.

Timmons should have to feel any extra pressure because Cowher appears in the same sentence as him - it reads like on of those '6 degrees of seperation things'...

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-14-2007, 12:44 PM
List of players perviously dinged up in camps.

1) Troy Polamalu
2) Alan Faneca
3) Casey Hampton
4) Aaron Smith
5) Larry Foote
6) Santonio Holmes
7).........:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

It happens....

I think Tomlin needs to leak some "juicy" information to the media so that they quits writing "non-stories"

Preacher
05-14-2007, 03:58 PM
In a related report...

Jerome Bettis stubbed his toe walking up the stairs...
Terry Bradshaw still hasn't fully recovered from his arm surgery in 81,
Dermonti Dawson has a hangnail....

None of these players are ready to play football....

This must be the worst offseason ever!!

Where is Cowher when we need him? He shoulda done the surgery on Bradshaw dangit!!

FastWillieParker39
05-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Ok I feel better now. I was worried that these injuries were worse than what they are.

Crushzilla
05-14-2007, 04:19 PM
:sweating: I hope Terry is ready in time for FOX

Preacher
05-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Ok I feel better now. I was worried that these injuries were worse than what they are.

No... these are minor... those type of injuries that happen because the muscles haven't been worked like that in awhile...

And no, it doesn't show a lack of off-season discipline. It doesn't matter how much weight your lift, how many laps you run, or how much film you study. When you get into practice and start making harder cuts, running harder, jumping higher to impress your coaches... little things like this happen.

That is all.

What everyone really needs to ask is....

IS THIS GOOD NEWS? Think about it... how hard are these players working that they are actually causing a little bit of pain?

FastWillieParker39
05-14-2007, 04:26 PM
No... these are minor... those type of injuries that happen because the muscles haven't been worked like that in awhile...

And no, it doesn't show a lack of off-season discipline. It doesn't matter how much weight your lift, how many laps you run, or how much film you study. When you get into practice and start making harder cuts, running harder, jumping higher to impress your coaches... little things like this happen.

That is all.

What everyone really needs to ask is....

IS THIS GOOD NEWS? Think about it... how hard are these players working that they are actually causing a little bit of pain?

I think the reason why I WAS worried was because I never heard of injuries in mini camp the past 2 years. Then I realized that it is good news like you said because the players must be busting there butts to impress new coach Tomlin.

polamalufan43
05-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Holmes is hurt too. Think its a pulled hammy.

Didn't he do that last year too?

~Polamalufan43:tt02: