PDA

View Full Version : Hello Steeler Fans

BigBenLover16
01-18-2005, 06:50 PM
Well, I'm new to this forum, and I just wanted to say that I hope I enjoy myself here with other Steeler fans around.......what does everyone think of Sunday's game against the Patriots? I hope we win, but win better than we did against the Jets, since we didn't play the best that day.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-18-2005, 07:35 PM
Welcome to the site !! We're just starting to take off and this place is turning into something special. Join in and Go Steelers!!!

BigBenLover16
01-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Question for you all.....I have a website that I'm starting dealing with the Steelers, and I was wondering who to talk about....I already have Roethlisberger, Ward, and Bettis.....I need 4 more people to talk about....who else should I do?

ironcitychef
01-19-2005, 03:06 AM
Great to have you aboard...as for Steelers, how about the guys who don't get the press...Reed, Townsend, Hoke, Williams, and Smith. Great years for them all.

SteelersFever
01-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Maybe I should create another category where new members can introduce themselves. What do you think?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-19-2005, 05:07 PM
I agree.. an Introductions forum for everyone to post up in and say Hi.

ironcitychef
01-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Maybe not a new section for shout outs, just a note saying to direct it towards the fans united or tailgate sections. Say hi where your from, favorite palce to watch the game, craziest pre game superstition, etc.

newsteelerfan
01-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Do any of you know any Steelers fans that do weird things before or during a game for good luck? I'm a writer (and steeler fan) hoping to talk to steelers fans who won't change their socks for a whole season, or have a lucky penny they hold during the game, or some other crazy thing.Thanks for your help!!

Super_Bowl_Champ
01-20-2005, 05:20 PM
As far as superstitions go... a group of my buddies and I wear our Steelers jerseys to work every Friday and for lunch we go to Peppi's for Roethlisbergers. ?Now that is a man's sandwich. ?It hasn't failed us yet!

shevdog
01-21-2005, 01:58 AM
Question for you all.....I have a website that I'm starting dealing with the Steelers, and I was wondering who to talk about....I already have Roethlisberger, Ward, and Bettis.....I need 4 more people to talk about....who else should I do?

Here are prime Steelers to talk about:

1. James Farrior
2. Alan Faneca
3. Troy Polamalu
4. Joey Porter
5. Plaxico Burress
6. Antwaan Randle El

I don't want to talk about 2005-06 until February 7th... yet keep an eye out for Willie Parker (RB). He impressed me in the pre-season. He impressed everyone against the Bills, which was a top defensive team. You won't hear much about him from here to the Super Bowl. I think he'll be a great replacement for the Bus, plus a great supporting back with Duce.

shevdog
01-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Maybe I should create another category where new members can introduce themselves. What do you think?

Great idea!

SteelersGirlTN7
01-21-2005, 04:11 AM
Do any of you know any Steelers fans that do weird things before or during a game for good luck? I'm a writer (and steeler fan) hoping to talk to steelers fans who won't change their socks for a whole season, or have a lucky penny they hold during the game, or some other crazy thing.Thanks for your help!!

It's a new tradition from this year, since I was working on sundays last year and couldn't watch - not that I missed anything LOL.

I just wear my same Randle El jersey. I wanted a Ben jersey, but they were all sold out. I got it the ARE jersey the week right before the Miami game. I didn't have it on at the beginning of the Dallas game, cuz I watched it at home - maybe thats where the bad luck started? LOL I put it on in the middle of the game, and look what happened. So even though now I have my Ben one, I wear that on saturdays when I work.

When I'm at the sports bar, I sit w/ the same people every week (I met them during the Miami game.) I order the same food, right around begin of 2nd quarter.

It all started week 3 and we've been winning ever since.

Polamaluuuza
01-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Hey everyone, I just found this site and this is great. I've been a Steeler fan my whole life and it's nice to see all the other huge fans out here.

As far as the superstitions go, I dressed up as Richard Simmons for a Halloween party the night before the Pitt/NE game. So, for the game I wore my afro and pink headband along with my Kendrell Bell jersey. We all know what happened on Halloween against the Patsies, so I've been wearing the same thing every Sunday. Go Steelers!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Whatever it takes, bring it on.. Rituals are out in full force this weekend, and lets cheer our Steelers onto a championship!!

ironcitychef
01-22-2005, 01:24 AM
In a bizarre twist, my rituals are actually non rituals. I got one of those t-shirts at the stadium for signing up for something. The Steelers beat the bills bad that night. Then I moved to NC and wore the shirt on game days. Bad luck. So now, I only take the shirt out of the drawer and don't wear it.???Seems to be working. Speaking of working the Steelers win % is really high on days I have to work, and not so hot on days I'm off. Go cheer on our victory this Sunday guys, cause I have to go to work!

CowherLover
01-22-2005, 12:06 PM
1.) Bettis Jersey......... Check

2.) Steelers money clip on my right front pocket.....Check

3.) Steelers T-shirt under jersey........Check

4.) Favorite Steelers ball cap............. Check

5.) 12 pack of Budweiser.......... Check

6.) Steelers beverage Coozie........Check

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigBenLover16
01-22-2005, 03:16 PM
i can't wait till tomorrow! I have my roethlisberger jersey, my terrible towel, and everything ready for tomorrow's game and can't wait to kick some NE butt