PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn to the Patriots?

tony hipchest
05-14-2007, 05:51 PM
thats the latest rumor, and why not? hes better than washington, caldwell, or gaffney. and theyre still probably about $4-5 mil under the cap with it set to raise another $7 mil next year.

and who knows, they can probably pull the rug out from under the packers to get johnson, and trade gaffney, washington (or any of their other scrubs) to the seahawks or titans for a 3rd round pick next year. :rolleyes:

Crushzilla
05-14-2007, 06:20 PM
I don't see it happening...

I don't have any sturdy grounds why not, but I just can't see them adding ANOTHER WR. I feel they will sit pretty with Stallworth and Moss.

Even Belichik isn't that greedy... right? RIGHT!?!?

tony hipchest
05-14-2007, 06:29 PM
I don't see it happening...

I don't have any sturdy grounds why not, but I just can't see them adding ANOTHER WR. I feel they will sit pretty with Stallworth and Moss.

Even Belichik isn't that greedy... right? RIGHT!?!?of course he is. and like michael smith reported the pats dont have a big physical possession wr who can play inside or out. if you can upgrade at any position (and have the cash to do so) you gotta atleast think about it.

sure they have alot of wr's but despite chad jackson trying to participate in camp, he can be put on the IR shelf for the year to fully recover. brown is likely gone, and does anyone really expect pro bowl numbers from gaffney, caldwell, or washington?

belichick was a coach with the jets while keyshawn was there and brady needs atleast 1 go to wr who isnt participating in after practice bong sessions with the current group of wr's.

MasterOfPuppets
05-14-2007, 06:35 PM
did they pick up welker?

Black@Gold Forever32
05-14-2007, 06:36 PM
did they pick up welker?

Yes they did

tony hipchest
05-14-2007, 06:38 PM
did they pick up welker?

*cough, cough, kick returner... cough, whiteguy, cough, cough*

Crushzilla
05-14-2007, 06:42 PM
*cough, cough, kick returner... cough, whiteguy, cough, cough*

He must have been one hell of a returner if the Dolphins had to use their first round pick to replace him :smile:

Ryan 2
Cam Cameron 0

tony hipchest
05-14-2007, 06:50 PM
He must have been one hell of a returner if the Dolphins had to use their first round pick to replace him :smile:

Ryan 2
Cam Cameron 0when the steelers played miami in the opener last year, he was the best dolphins player on the field during offense or special teams.

MasterOfPuppets
05-14-2007, 07:45 PM
when the steelers played miami in the opener last year, he was the best dolphins player on the field during offense or special teams.

he had 67 rec for almost 700 yds. not bad numbers for a slot receiver.

FastWillieParker39
05-14-2007, 08:08 PM
I don't know with all the new guys this might screw up some team chemistry in which the Patriots were all about it.

I'm probably wrong though since they are the damn Patriots.

Livinginthe past
05-15-2007, 12:29 AM
Look there is absolutely no way that.......ummmm...ok i've learnt my lesson after Moss.

Lets wait and see shall we?

If this rumor forces an AFC team up the ante to get Keyshawn then all the better, personally I think the Steelers could do worse than ofer him a 1 year incentive laden contract to get back on track.

tony hipchest
05-15-2007, 12:38 AM
Look there is absolutely no way that.......ummmm...ok i've learnt my lesson after Moss.

Lets wait and see shall we?

If this rumor forces an AFC team up the ante to get Keyshawn then all the better, personally I think the Steelers could do worse than ofer him a 1 year incentive laden contract to get back on track.unfortunately thats not the rooney way.

although i have previously questionned if tomlin and keyshawn had any type of relationship while they were winning a sb together in tampa bay.

ShutDown24
05-15-2007, 09:05 AM
I don't know with all the new guys this might screw up some team chemistry in which the Patriots were all about it.

It doesn't matter what team it is, you?re absolutely right. They have five or six receivers who potentially could all find starting possessions on other teams. Not to mention, Meriweather who has had some past behavioral problems. Even the Patriots can't stop Randy Moss when he is not happy. They aren't magic, they're lucky. Lucky that a major star hasn't exploded in a Patriot uniform, yet.

Livinginthe past
05-15-2007, 11:00 AM
unfortunately thats not the rooney way.

although i have previously questionned if tomlin and keyshawn had any type of relationship while they were winning a sb together in tampa bay.

Well thats a shame, maybe Tomlin can exert a new fresher perspective on their attitude towards FA.

Signing players with questionable temperaments to long term contracts is a bad idea, but short term, low risk show-me-what-you-got contracts give both sides motivation to achieve.

Elvis
05-15-2007, 11:23 AM

Yeh, I think that the Patriots have the very best coach in the league right now in Belichick and they will play hard for him or they will find the door prettty quick I believe.. I just hope that the Patriots do like the Lakers did in the NBA a few years back when they got those 5 former NBA All Stars and then the injuries and the egos took over and they flopped... Good Luck Pats...
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

tony hipchest
05-18-2007, 05:01 PM
http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10186284

Teams that have approached him -- New England, Tennessee, Oakland, even Denver -- have discussed veteran-minimum type contracts, Johnson prefers a salary-cap-friendly two- or three-year deal.

It is hard for Johnson to fathom how receivers from his draft class -- Terry Glenn, Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens, Eddie Kennison and Joe Horn -- are making big dollars and Johnson can't find similar-type offers on the open market.

Right now, the situation looks to be in the fourth quarter, in its crucial stage. If Johnson cannot finalize what he feels is a fair offer in the coming days, then he is prepared to turn his back on football, walk away and turn his attention to other business interests.
i understand his draft class is still making lots of dough but he definitely doesnt have the production of t.o. or harrison. im amazed the chiefs arent interrested. hes gotta be as good as kennison.