PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR slams Earnhardt Jr

Fire Haley
05-15-2007, 04:48 PM
NASCAR slams Earnhardt Jr team with COT violation

By JIM UTTER

CONCORD, N.C. -- NASCAR appears to be serious when it when it comes to its "car of tomorrow."

Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s crew chief, Tony Eury Jr., has been suspended six races, fined $100,000 and the team docked 100 driver and car owner points by NASCAR for improperly mounting the rear wing of Earnhardt Jr.'s No. 8 Chevrolet last weekend at Darlington, S.C., multiple sources confirmed Tuesday afternoon.

An official announcement of the penalty is expected later today. The violation was found during pre-race inspection on Saturday.

The No. 8 Chevrolet had mounting brackets incorrectly placed on the rear wing, changing the angle of the wing which would have in theory provided additional downforce on the car.

The penalty is the first for any team involving the COT. Teams and crew chiefs were warned by NASCAR officials prior to the season that any alterations to the COT, particularly to its front splitter and rear wing, would result in serious penalties.

---------------------------------------------

Losing Tony Jr. is going to hurt him the most because we all know how well Junebug does without him.

tony hipchest
05-15-2007, 04:56 PM
so that may be what team hendrick has been getting away with. once jr. signs with them he wont have to worry about these silly fines and suspensions no more.

Fire Haley
05-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Have to give nascar credit on this one...they made good on their threats

tony hipchest
05-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Have to give nascar credit on this one...they made good on their threatsthe skeptic in me makes me wonder if they went over his car with an extra fine tooth comb and looked just a little harder than they usually do.

i wonder if it hits nascar in the pocketbook if jr dumps one of their primary sponsors as his primary sponsor.

TackleMeBen
05-15-2007, 06:19 PM
i wasnt expecting this heavy of a fine.. maybe 50 driver pts and maybe 3 race suspension for eury jr, but not 6. i guess all the jr fans better get ready for him to 6 bad races. i guess this shows that nascar doesnt show favor to jr:wink02:

tony hipchest
05-15-2007, 06:44 PM
i wasnt expecting this heavy of a fine.. maybe 50 driver pts and maybe 3 race suspension for eury jr, but not 6. i guess all the jr fans better get ready for him to 6 bad races. i guess this shows that nascar doesnt show favor to jr:wink02:im sure gordon fans are still convinced theres a pro earnhardt bias. maybe they fined jr excessively for his fans tossing beer cans at the golden boy gordon.

Fire Haley
05-17-2007, 02:49 PM
im sure gordon fans are still convinced theres a pro earnhardt bias.

Jr won't get any help at Charlotte's Lowes MotorSpeedway

He'll need more than luck to win at Lowes MotorSpeedway

tony hipchest
05-17-2007, 03:08 PM
:sofunny: gee, i wonder who "deep pockets" Humpy will "predict" to win? :rolleyes:

TackleMeBen
05-17-2007, 03:35 PM
:sofunny: gee, i wonder who "deep pockets" Humpy will "predict" to win? :rolleyes:

tony you know i could get bad here..lol:flap:

HometownGal
05-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Jr. is one of my favorite drivers (even though I am a proud JJ and Gordon fan - LOL!) and while I am glad to see that NASCAR is serious about enforcing this, I have to give Tony's fine-toothed-comb theory a little consideration.

revefsreleets
05-18-2007, 07:24 PM
I think NASCAR is mad that Junior left DEI, and they let him know.