PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Fever Forum Awards!

Dynasty
05-15-2007, 05:43 PM
On a few other forums I've been on, they have some type of award thing for the members.. I was thinkin it would be kinda cool to have one... If you think we should, post here to suggest candidates, vote, and suggest categories.

:cheer:

MasterOfPuppets
05-15-2007, 05:52 PM
maybe we should move this to the BF. then i'll give my nomination.:coffee:

HometownGal
05-15-2007, 05:57 PM
On a few other forums I've been on, they have some type of award thing for the members.. I was thinkin it would be kinda cool to have one... If you think we should, post here to suggest candidates, vote, and suggest categories.

While I appreciate the suggestion and idea, WySilv :hug: , I am not in favor of awards on public forums because it could create hurt feelings and dissention among the members, something we don't want. I know it would be for fun only, but there are some people on the net who take it way too seriously.

Dynasty
05-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah, there always are some primadonnas! Haha

Mosca
05-15-2007, 07:04 PM
I give the Mosca Award to....

Naw. Never mind.

Tom

Crushzilla
05-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Most likely to foresee and pacify a four year long "post war": HometownGal

Dynasty
05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Most Likely to Create a Mosca Award Award goes to:

Mosca.

stlrtruck
05-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Can we have the cutest baby in a Steelers outfit award?

tony hipchest
05-16-2007, 10:29 AM
i nominate myself for the "coolest" sig.

verks36
05-16-2007, 10:33 AM
i nominate GBmelblount for being the best mentor to a youngan

And i would have to agree with tony his sig is "so the coolest" its just so complex

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-16-2007, 10:41 AM
i nominate myself for the "coolest" sig.

I nominate myself for best 6'0 175 lb male law enforcement poster from central Illinois with brown hair and blue eyes.

(I hope I win..I hope I win...I hope I win...:bouncy::bouncy:)

verks36
05-16-2007, 11:06 AM
I nominate myself for best 6'0 175 lb male law enforcement poster from central Illinois with brown hair and blue eyes.

I dont know i might give u good competition

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-16-2007, 11:33 AM
While I appreciate the suggestion and idea, WySilv :hug: , I am not in favor of awards on public forums because it could create hurt feelings and dissention among the members, something we don't want. I know it would be for fun only, but there are some people on the net who take it way too seriously.

How do you expect to swing my vote with attitude like that:tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-16-2007, 12:04 PM
I dont know i might give u good competition

...I give $50 dollars per vote.:flap:

Crushzilla
05-16-2007, 12:07 PM
throw in a "get out of jail free card" and you have my vote...

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-16-2007, 12:09 PM
throw in a "get out of jail free card" and you have my vote...

WHOOOOOHOOOOO...thats one.

stlrtruck
05-16-2007, 12:10 PM

Throw in a I'll lock up one person that continues to piss you off and throw away the key and you'll get my vote!!!

SteelersFever
05-16-2007, 12:15 PM

We don't need awards to make us feel special. We're blue collar. The hard-working men and women of Pittsburgh. Come on now! :wink02:

HometownGal
05-16-2007, 12:30 PM
How do you expect to swing my vote with attitude like that:tt02:

With my.....:buttkick:

:wink02:

SteelCzar76
05-16-2007, 01:51 PM
I'd like to nominate myself for the "best poster that's 6'4 and of Spainard,Black,Scottish and polynesian descent" award. (C'mon,... i got that 'on lock') LOL

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Throw in a I'll lock up one person that continues to piss you off and throw away the key and you'll get my vote!!!

They know better than to give me that authority in a college town....there would be alot of empty classes on Monday morning!

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-16-2007, 02:19 PM
I'd like to nominate myself for the "best poster that's 6'4 and of Spainard,Black,Scottish and polynesian descent" award. (C'mon,... i got that 'on lock') LOL

WHOA!!!!....I'm only of German and English decent...which just means I invade my own privacy from time to time.

MasterOfPuppets
05-16-2007, 02:31 PM
WHOA!!!!....I'm only of German and English decent...which just means I invade my own privacy from time to time.

hey! perhaps your from the same gene pool as litp...:sofunny:......i'm sorry..:couch: please don't kill me !

Livinginthe past
05-16-2007, 02:41 PM
hey! perhaps your from the same gene pool as litp...:sofunny:......i'm sorry..:couch: please don't kill me !

:clover:Im actually from Irish descent:clover: :wink02:

Crushzilla
05-16-2007, 02:52 PM

Ohhh.... No one told you? Sorry, Czar...

You just basically described the EXACT description of Tony... sorry man... looks like you're gonna have some competition afterall...

Here's a picture of him entertaining the kids at the annual SF Picnic in Salt Lake City

I would also like to nominate myself as worst picture maker ever...

Preacher
05-16-2007, 03:30 PM
I am willing to sell my vote for Bengal bucks!!!

polamalufan43
05-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Well, dont know if it's been nominated... but Steelersfanmx for best sig maker, WOOT WOOT

I nominate myself for best posts about absolutely nothing, lol...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

HometownGal
05-16-2007, 04:39 PM
I nominate myself for best posts about absolutely nothing, lol...

No way. I could name at least a dozen others at the top of that list, but I'm not gonna. :flap::wink02:

I nominate tony hairychest for best ball buster. :cheers::wink02:

Preacher
05-16-2007, 04:46 PM
No way. I could name at least a dozen others at the top of that list, but I'm not gonna. :flap::wink02:

Hey... If you are going to refer to me...

Refer to my appropriate title.... Father, The salvation of Elmo!

tony hipchest
05-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Ohhh.... No one told you? Sorry, Czar...

You just basically described the EXACT description of Tony... sorry man... looks like you're gonna have some competition afterall...

you must not know. Czar is my long lost brotha from anotha motha.

I nominate tony hairychest for best ball buster. :cheers::wink02:

aww... thanks for the nomination, htg. thats sweet. :hug:

i better get to work on my campaign...

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/integrity_thumb_v2.gif

SteelCzar76
05-16-2007, 06:01 PM

As well as being a 'Family Man' sold out (like all the rest LOL) by the heart wrenchingly dishonorable, many faced, French 'Peacemaker' attention FREAK playin all sides !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/04/Phil_Ken_Sebben.jpg

"HA, HAAAAAA,..... this 'reading in between the lines' is a gift worthy of many Crushing Hug smiley's "!

SteelCityMan786
05-16-2007, 07:51 PM
We don't need awards to make us feel special. We're blue collar. The hard-working men and women of Pittsburgh. Come on now! :wink02:

Amen to that.

Pittsburgh, the definition of Blue Collar.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-16-2007, 08:12 PM

AHEM I am unfortunatly not from Pittsburgh.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-18-2007, 07:38 AM
:clover:Im actually from Irish descent:clover: :wink02:

You tell him cousin!!!:sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-18-2007, 07:40 AM
As well as being a 'Family Man' sold out (like all the rest LOL) by the heart wrenchingly dishonorable, many faced, French 'Peacemaker' attention FREAK playin all sides !

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/04/Phil_Ken_Sebben.jpg

"HA, HAAAAAA,..... this 'reading in between the lines' is a gift worthy of many Crushing Hug smiley's "!

LOL!!!!:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

stlrtruck
05-18-2007, 08:13 AM
They know better than to give me that authority in a college town....there would be alot of empty classes on Monday morning!

I don't need it for where you are at...and I only need one - can't you work out some agreement with my local sheriff's department? I mean if you TRULY want my vote!

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-19-2007, 09:16 AM
I don't need it for where you are at...and I only need one - can't you work out some agreement with my local sheriff's department? I mean if you TRULY want my vote!

..and what sort of bail would you set for Mr. Palmer???

Livinginthe past
05-19-2007, 01:09 PM
RANT MODE: On

Apparently HTG is one of those that gives each kid a trophy just for showing up. This is what is currently wrong withthis country, there is no award for winning, striving to be the best, going to the next level. Mediocre is more than acceptable because we all deserve a trophy..

RANT MODE: Off

It would be nice to have awards for best thread, most interesting thread, most thread started, most threads ended(Locked), stuff like that, but it would just be soemthing to fill the time of the offseason. Might be too late this year.

Have a nice day

The problem isn't the validating of mediocrity - its the subjective nature of the voting.

People vote for who they like best, and when I find out that...ahem (:wink02:)....I mean when people find out that they aren't aswell liked as they thought they were it puts their noses out of joint.

My argument would be; if you (not you personally) need an internet message board award in order to give value to your presense you are probably in the wrong place.

ps Im pretty damn good at Guess the Steeler Games scoreline if that comes around again :sofunny:

fansince'76
05-19-2007, 01:28 PM

Apparently HTG is one of those that gives each kid a trophy just for showing up. This is what is currently wrong withthis country, there is no award for winning, striving to be the best, going to the next level. Mediocre is more than acceptable because we all deserve a trophy..

It would be nice to have awards for best thread, most interesting thread, most thread started, most threads ended(Locked), stuff like that, but it would just be soemthing to fill the time of the offseason. Might be too late this year.

Have a nice day

Exactly what purpose would be served by giving awards in this forum, other than bending people's noses out of joint? I don't know your personal reason(s) for visiting these forums, but personally I don't come here to "compete" with anyone. As far as offseason diversion, we're going to be starting a thread on June 2nd counting down the days until Steelers' opening day, which should be interesting: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16728. Keep an eye out for it! :smile:

Livinginthe past
05-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Exactly what purpose would be served by giving awards in this forum, other than bending people's noses out of joint? I don't know your personal reason(s) for visiting these forums, but personally I don't come here to "compete" with anyone. As far as offseason diversion, we're going to be starting a thread on June 2nd counting down the days until Steelers' opening day, which should be interesting: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16728. Keep an eye out for it! :smile:

Hold on a minute, I said 'noses out of joint' before you did - don't I get some sort of award for that? :wink02:

fansince'76
05-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Hold on a minute, I said 'noses out of joint' before you did - don't I get some sort of award for that? :wink02:

OK, if you insist:

http://www.wpclipart.com/education/awards/good_job_blue_ribbon.png

:chuckle:

Livinginthe past
05-19-2007, 01:46 PM
OK, if you insist:

:chuckle:

Ha ha.

For some reason it doesn't show up, but I can see the link when I quote your post.

I thought it was going to be an 'Emporers Clothing' type award :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-19-2007, 02:38 PM
The problem isn't the validating of mediocrity -

soooo....Its the mediocrity of those who validate...?:stirthepot:

tony hipchest
05-19-2007, 02:50 PM

Have a nice day
i did a quick search to see how many threads i started in the blast furnace. i think im a little disappointed that it was only 120. thats only 1% of total posts! :dang:

just give me the biggest failure award right now. :chuckle:

but, i think 3 to be 4 and i have the most closed threads on lock down though. :party:

i know "bengalbrian just cut one" was an isntant classic! :sofunny:

Preacher
05-19-2007, 03:49 PM
i did a quick search to see how many threads i started in the blast furnace. i think im a little disappointed that it was only 120. thats only 1% of total posts! :dang:

just give me the biggest failure award right now. :chuckle:

but, i think 3 to be 4 and i have the most closed threads on lock down though. :party:

i know "bengalbrian just cut one" was an isntant classic! :sofunny:

:pity: So much work... So little time!!

polamalufan43
05-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Phaha... this is going for the award of "Most funny thread," haha

P.S. As for your failure award Tony....well....nevermind:rolleyes:

floodcitygirl
05-19-2007, 11:40 PM
:crying01:OK, if you insist:

Hey! No fair! If he gets a nifty badge i want one too! Are you playing favorites here???

polamalufan43
05-20-2007, 01:16 PM
:crying01:Hey! No fair! If he gets a nifty badge i want one too! Are you playing favorites here???

Wait, it's a badge? I want one now...PLEASE! Free badges for everyone NOW!!!!

~PF43:tt02:

HometownGal
05-20-2007, 08:24 PM

Have a nice day

So, NC - you think you know me so well, don't ya? Y'see - I was raised with the belief that we are all equals - no one's sh it smells better than anyone else's. Here's an award for you......I even had it silver-plated. Ain't I swell?

http://www.ufo-aliens.net/laura/laura_merwin_images/tp.jpg

Stlrs4Life
05-20-2007, 10:09 PM
:crying01:Hey! No fair! If he gets a nifty badge i want one too! Are you playing favorites here???

fcg, you don't need no badge to be my favorite.:flap:

stlrtruck
05-21-2007, 07:19 AM
..and what sort of bail would you set for Mr. Palmer???

As much fun as that would be, I've got something a lot closer to home! But hey if I can get a two for one, I'll run your campaign too!!!!!

HometownGal
05-22-2007, 06:19 AM
Didn't say i knew you well, just reading your own words

More like taking it upon youself to dissect and interpret my words.

No - I'm not "one of those" for the record.

Livinginthe past
05-23-2007, 10:38 AM
HOLY CRAP HTG! If that is kind of awards that you give out, I will pass mine to the runner up! :flap:

Holy crap?

Well, it might be if you used a cheese grater on your ass :toofunny:

memphissteelergirl
05-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Holy crap?

Well, it might be if you used a cheese grater on your ass :toofunny:

Oh, stop!! :toofunny: