View Full Version : HALO 3

verks36
05-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Does any one here play halo and plan on getting Halo 3
The Beta testing for the game is out and i was chosen for it is a great game
Post your gamer tag if you play halo 2 or plan on getting Halo 3

lilyoder6
05-17-2007, 08:08 PM
i play halo 2 with my friends... one of them act has the beta from crackdown and i plan on going over there tom to play it...

verks36
05-18-2007, 08:29 AM
i play halo 2 with my friends... one of them act has the beta from crackdown and i plan on going over there tom to play it...

Ya i wish i would play that sooo much. The beta looks so sick when you play post your response on the game

pittsburghp8baller
09-19-2007, 12:40 PM
6 days it comes out the day after my birthday so at least ill have the money to finish paying it off. i doubt ill go at midnight dont want to wait in that long of a line on my bday but im def goin first thing in the morning

for any1 who wants to play when the game comes out my GT is STeeL City Ki1a a whole bunch of us r making a clan alot of them were real good at halo 2

ShutDown24
09-19-2007, 12:54 PM
I am not going at midnight... I was supposed to cover the launch for my highschool paper but really didn't feel like going at midnight... Someone else is doing the story... I will be picking up my copy Tuesday morning and am taking a few days off to play it :D

XBL tag: Tyler7y13r if anyone wants to talk Stillirs while playing

pittsburghp8baller
09-19-2007, 01:08 PM
I am not going at midnight... I was supposed to cover the launch for my highschool paper but really didn't feel like going at midnight... Someone else is doing the story... I will be picking up my copy Tuesday morning and am taking a few days off to play it :D

XBL tag: Tyler7y13r if anyone wants to talk Stillirs while playing

ill play i know a couple of other steelers fans on my friends list so their will be a lot of us

verks36
09-19-2007, 09:38 PM
ill play i know a couple of other steelers fans on my friends list so their will be a lot of us

yo what was your highest level in halo 2

ShutDown24
09-19-2007, 09:55 PM

You weren't asking me, but my highest ever was 23 on H2... I liked playing head to head the most... I never actually had the game TBH, just borrowed it from a friend for an extended periode of time when his box went down... Can't wait for H3... So close now...

pittsburghp8baller
09-19-2007, 10:15 PM

i didnt get an xbox until this june. i was goin to play halo 2 but there was to many things to download so i didnt even bother but i played with all of my friends and i did pretty good. one said his highest score was like 30 something

Hines0wnz
09-20-2007, 01:46 PM
I didnt want to go at midnight but I said to hell with it and I'm going now. Taking off work Tuesday too. :flap:

verks36
09-24-2007, 11:02 AM
IT is coming tommorow SO PUMPED

http://media.gameworldnetwork.com/news_shots/214678599546617df9d7998.jpg

The Duke
09-24-2007, 11:11 AM
IT is coming tommorow SO PUMPED

http://media.gameworldnetwork.com/news_shots/214678599546617df9d7998.jpg

I want this game so much but I don't have a 360. Maybe someday....

revefsreleets
09-24-2007, 04:28 PM
I heard people were lining up for it, which is weird because I bought my copy three weeks ago, unless people are lining up to pick-up their pre-solds. I don't know.

Anyway, another site I visit posted a review from some guy who somehow grabbed a copy really early (Not the beta, the real deal). He said it was disappointing in single player because it was too short, and the graphics weren't what he expected. I'm hesitant to believe just one guy, because the reviews just about everywhere else are consistent 10/10's and even the harshest critics are giving it 9.5. I can't wait to pick my copy up tomorrow.

TroysBadDawg
09-24-2007, 06:31 PM
I was going to go and get it but I have heard the same thing arounf here about it not being that great for single player use. Someone anyone let me know whatyou think, when you get yours after the release date. These may be beta's and not full blown versions.

I was not thrilled with "two worlds" but my middle son loves it.

The are also looking forward to Guitar Hero 3, their one friend is rated 43rd in the world on 2.

ShutDown24
09-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Going at midnight I have decided... Only a few HOURS can't wait!!

ShutDown24
09-24-2007, 07:33 PM
I was going to go and get it but I have heard the same thing arounf here about it not being that great for single player use. Someone anyone let me know whatyou think, when you get yours after the release date. These may be beta's and not full blown versions.

I was not thrilled with "two worlds" but my middle son loves it.

The are also looking forward to Guitar Hero 3, their one friend is rated 43rd in the world on 2.

I hated Two Worlds, lol no offense... After playing oblivion though it was a really waterd down game.

Guitar Hero 3 is going to be great... I am keeping my X-Plorer though even though the Les Paul for 3 is supposed to be really bad ass I don't think it's worth the cash when I can just get the game for much less...

Halo 3 isn't known for its single player, but it isn't bad... I think 3 will really improve upon what 2 did in the campaign mode. The multiplayer is where it really excels though... Man, I haven't really been that excited for it yet up until now... If you beat the game on legendary it's worth 550 gamer points.

Hines0wnz
09-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Going at midnight I have decided... Only a few HOURS can't wait!!

Ditto here. I was going to go early on Tuesday but I decided to take off work tomorrow and play some tonight after I get it. :wink02:

ShutDown24
09-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Ditto here. I was going to go early on Tuesday but I decided to take off work tomorrow and play some tonight after I get it. :wink02:

I know, at first you feel like you can wait... Then your like "Holy **** I have to go tonight. There is no way I am waiting. What was I thinking?"

revefsreleets
09-24-2007, 08:16 PM
For those of us who can wait, G4 is running a FOUR HOUR live countdown special. Take THAT, PS3 fanboys!

ShutDown24
09-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Leaving now for my copy now, doubt I'll be back on for a day or so lol! No sleep tonight!

revefsreleets
09-25-2007, 04:14 PM
First Report: Best of the 3. And I'm experiencing technical difficulties (TV related) and can't get it in HD. I picked it up today, popped it in for what I told myself would be 10 minutes just to take a peek, and I played for 3 hours. Graphics almost as good as Gears, gameplay is improved and completely seamless, and I hopped right back into the story. Heading back in soon.

revefsreleets
09-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Damn, this is much more difficult then Halo 2. It's not Ninja Gaiden hard, but it's close.

lilyoder6
09-25-2007, 09:14 PM
my friends and i went at 12:30 to get and played for 5 hrs..... and then talked about it at school.. lol.. only an hr and hafl sleep not smart with school and then football afterwards.. but the game is AMAZING!!!!!!!

revefsreleets
09-26-2007, 08:51 AM
The Brute Chieftain beat my ass with the Gravity Hammer over and over and over and over again last night.

ShutDown24
09-26-2007, 11:26 AM
The gravity hammer is my new favorite weapon.

My report:

Graphics could be better, decent improvement over the last game.

Storyline is still the Halo storyline, not great; although it is a step up from 1&2 having it come to earth.

Game play and multiplayer are pretty much what you would expect meaning they are great.

The multiplayer maps suck. I'm sorry but this is one aspect of the game that Bungie really regressed since H2. There are no longer any small maps. They are almost all huge and really don't get much sense of anything different when I go from one to another.

Matchmaking takes forever.

The forge is a really cool idea but it's kind of hard to use.

They made Zombies a real game type.

There is no map to play tower of power on.

I went from 11:30 - 1:00 to get my copy. Waited in line that stretched the whole way down the sidewalk of the complex. Cars kept speeding by and people were yelling at us. One group drove by and smashed a 360 on the ground out of the window and filmed the lines expressions. It was grueling...

To be completely honest, the game wasn't worth the long wait in line to get that night. Great game, will meet most peoples expectations but falls a bit short of mine. Despite that though, the online is still great and I am still going to spend hours on the game every day for the next month or so.

TroysBadDawg
09-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Got it for my kids, and finaly got to try it myself. I still like Oblivian better, but since I beat halo 1 and 2. I have to do the same with 3.
If my kids will ever let me play the darn game. Now they are hiding the cd from me so I don't beat the game before they do. They have some darn good hiding places. If I find it, I am going to lock it in the gun safe, that will teach them.

revefsreleets
09-27-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm about halfway done now (Just getting ready to start "Floodgate"). Just a really solid game all the way around. Does it re-revolutionize gaming? No, but the original game already did that. I definitely think it's good enough to warrant somebody sitting on the fence to pick up the 360 over.

Bioshock and Oblivion are in queue for me. If Oblivion is anything like Elder Scrolls, I think I'll save it for the winter. That way I won't miss the 200 hours I'll be spending on it.

purpleshania
09-27-2007, 04:08 PM
HALO 3? WHY ARE PPL SO OBSSESED WITH IT?? MY BRO JUST GOT THE GAME AND HE IS SOOOO OBSSESED...PLEASE TELL ME WHATS SO INTERESTING?

revefsreleets
09-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Obsessed? With a video game? Nah. Maybe football. Certainly sex. But never a video game.

Hines0wnz
10-01-2007, 04:50 PM
HALO 3? WHY ARE PPL SO OBSSESED WITH IT?? MY BRO JUST GOT THE GAME AND HE IS SOOOO OBSSESED...PLEASE TELL ME WHATS SO INTERESTING?

http://www.twistedmindz.co.uk/images/capslock.jpg

Hines0wnz
10-01-2007, 04:52 PM
My only disappointment is the ending but I was tipped off to that by one of the few reviews I read before I picked up the game. The graphics and gameplay are great but I dont like playing shotty sniper every other game in multiplayer. I beat it the first day it was out so now I can concentrate having fun online.

verks36
10-01-2007, 09:25 PM
My only disappointment is the ending but I was tipped off to that by one of the few reviews I read before I picked up the game. The graphics and gameplay are great but I dont like playing shotty sniper every other game in multiplayer. I beat it the first day it was out so now I can concentrate having fun online.

ya gameplay is great me and my roommate are trying to beat the game legendery right now. Sniping is way harder than H2

lilyoder6
10-01-2007, 09:30 PM
i beat the campaign on legendary.... it was fun and i just destroy ppl on double team and slayer

BOXCAR JOEY
10-02-2007, 09:07 PM
halo 3 = +1 ftw pwned!

revefsreleets
10-05-2007, 10:19 AM
http://galleryplus.ebayimg.com/ws/web/290165877243_1_1_1.jpg

pittsburghp8baller
10-12-2007, 06:27 PM
jus started doin the campaign yesterday finished up today (gotta love back-to-back days off) hated the ending at first but after i got back from getting the drink i left the credits rolling and did any1 see the clip after the credits?

revefsreleets
10-15-2007, 03:35 PM
To tell you the truth, I was right at the end (Just retrieved Cortana) when I went back to playing Perfect Dark Zero. I can't bring myself to end Halo 3 just yet.

The Duke
10-15-2007, 04:12 PM
To tell you the truth, I was right at the end (Just retrieved Cortana) when I went back to playing Perfect Dark Zero. I can't bring myself to end Halo 3 just yet.

you're at the end already?! it usually takes me over a year to finish a video game lol :dang:

verks36
10-15-2007, 04:13 PM

Halo 3>perfect dark

The ending is so sweet make sure you dont fast forword through the credits or u wil regret it

revefsreleets
10-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Halo 3>perfect dark

The ending is so sweet make sure you dont fast forword through the credits or u wil regret it

Oh yeah, I know Perfect Dark isn't as good. I just want to wait to end Halo.

Hammer67
10-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Man...I just got Halo 3 new on eBay for $39!!! I wasn't very fond of Halo 2 beyond the music and story...otherwise, just another shooter. I think Gears will be tough to top in my book. We'll see.

I don't plan on playing online as all I have had are bad experiences with immature people. Plus, I don't play enough to even compete with people who can play enough to beat it in a day!!! My wife would divorce me!

revefsreleets
10-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I'm not into online play either. I loved Gears, but I like Halo 3 just as much. They are just different.

As for online play, it reminds me of laser tag. I used to play like 10 years ago, and it seemed fun, but there were always like 2 guys that just lived at the place and knew all the secrets and wasted everybody every game. It made it no fun. It's almost the same thing. If you want to play online, even in beginners games, there is always some jackass who has no job and has nothing better to do then just play Halo 21 hours a day.

Hines0wnz
11-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Man...I just got Halo 3 new on eBay for $39!!! I wasn't very fond of Halo 2 beyond the music and story...otherwise, just another shooter. I think Gears will be tough to top in my book. We'll see.

I don't plan on playing online as all I have had are bad experiences with immature people. Plus, I don't play enough to even compete with people who can play enough to beat it in a day!!! My wife would divorce me!

Once you beat campaign there isnt much to do unless you play online.

steelegg
11-07-2007, 02:49 PM

mute them