PDA

View Full Version : Besides XL, the most memorable Steeler victory in recent memory?

Edman
05-17-2007, 11:41 AM
My pick: The 2005 Div. Playoff 21-18 win against the Colts.

This is the most memorable to me because this was one game that nobody in the media thought the Steelers could win. The Colts were the #1 seed, overwhelming home favorites, the media loved them, and they beat up the Steelers earlier that year on Monday Night to the tune of 26-7. The Steelers came out and straight-up dominated the Colts. The score was very misleading. If it wasn't for Jerome's "once in a blue moon" fumble and that godawful overrturned Polamalu interception, this game was 28-10 at least. An exciting exhilarating finish at the end. It was priceless seeing all of those ****y Colts fans in anguish.

Honorable Mentions:

2005 AFC Championship vs. the Broncos.
2002 Wildcard vs. the Clowns.

fansince'76
05-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Since I think one of the playoff games from '05 will be the choice of most folks, I'm going to change it up a bit and go with the 34-20 thumping we gave the Pats to end their record 21-game win streak in '04. Too bad that game and the next week's drubbing of the Eagles were the high point of that season - we peaked too early that year. :dang:

steelwolf21
05-17-2007, 11:51 AM
exactly what I was thinking and then going out the next week to knock off the undefeated Eagles?

Stainless Steel
05-17-2007, 12:10 PM
My pick: The 2005 Div. Playoff 21-18 win against the Colts.

This is my pick too. The 2002 Clowns playoff was second for me. I will never forget the smile on Hines Ward"s face when he lined up at QB for that 2 point conversion.

onthebus36
05-17-2007, 12:59 PM
I love the 05 Bears game at home in the snow. To me, that was Steeler Football in it's purest form.

Newzfoxjr
05-17-2007, 01:01 PM
The Colts one, I loved that game. AFC Championship against the Broncos is second, Ben freaking owned that game.

PisnNapalm
05-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Beating the Bungals in the last game of last season was a treat. Run Santonio!!! LOL!

All of the '05 playoff games were memorable.

I dunno.... Going back in time... I'd have to rank the '04 beat down of the Eagles as a sweet victory.

TackleMeBen
05-17-2007, 01:51 PM
i think all of the playoff games were good.

but the best one would have to be the broncos.. (that was my fav since i was there)

Edman
05-17-2007, 02:08 PM
I'll never forget the back-to-back drubbings of the Pats and Eagles either. I have never seen a Steeler team look so dominant in my lifetime. Oh, that was such a memorable year.

Unfortunately, Ben had to be a rookie. But history is history. Don't forget, the Pats were at the peak of their dynasty run that year. They were just too good.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
05-17-2007, 02:41 PM
this is taking us back in time, but i'd say the '95 afc championship game against the colts - the pass that jim harbaugh threw into the endzone as time expired - seem to hang in the air forever and was nearly caught. neil o'donnell had a huge drive at the end of the game and there was a big shoe-string tackle made late in the game that even allowed the steelers to get the ball back...can't believe that was 12 years ago!

tony hipchest
05-17-2007, 03:11 PM
i believe it was the 3rd game against the browns in the 94 playoffs. we had owned them that year so one of the more disciplined players tried using one of belichicks jedi mind tricks and kicked chad brown in the head as he was on the ground. the steelers defense was so pissed (especially lloyd and green) they put together a 3 play drive that drove the browns back 40 yds, capped off by a defensive td. i still cant think of another defensive unit ever moving the ball like that as if it were an offensive drive.

Preacher
05-17-2007, 03:34 PM
I gotta say the 2002 win against the Browns...

Driving late in the game, Ward and Plax running up and down the field... tommy "Watergun" Maddox throwing good passes... It was beautiful.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-17-2007, 03:44 PM
this is taking us back in time, but i'd say the '95 afc championship game against the colts - the pass that jim harbaugh threw into the endzone as time expired - seem to hang in the air forever and was nearly caught. neil o'donnell had a huge drive at the end of the game and there was a big shoe-string tackle made late in the game that even allowed the steelers to get the ball back...can't believe that was 12 years ago!

That was the game that Harbaugh cried about for a year...since "WR" Kordell stepped out of bounds with the back of his heel and then caught the TD......Sorry Jim.

Sharkissle29
05-17-2007, 03:45 PM
you guys are all forgetting the game we had with the jets...i wanna say wildcard game in bens rookie year i believe.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-17-2007, 03:50 PM
you guys are all forgetting the game we had with the jets...i wanna say wildcard game in bens rookie year i believe.

Great pick...that was the game everyone was sure we lost and the J...E....T...S..jets, jets,jets... missed the easy field goal!!!!!

fansince'76
05-17-2007, 04:00 PM

No, haven't forgot - I saw someone earlier in the tread mention that we should have won the '94 AFCCG against SD (which we should have) - by the same logic, we should have lost this one. We played horribly - we're simply lucky Doug Brien couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his kicks. Not a memorable game for me, at least.

Edman
05-17-2007, 04:07 PM
No, haven't forgot - I saw someone earlier in the tread mention that we should have won the '94 AFCCG against SD (which we should have) - by the same logic, we should have lost this one. We played horribly - we're simply lucky Doug Brien couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his kicks. Not a memorable game for me, at least.

I agree, We should've smoked the Jets. We Built a 10-0 lead and let it slip.

Stlrs4Life
05-17-2007, 05:25 PM
AFC Championship game vs Denver, cause it was fun knowing that we were going to the SB.

HometownGal
05-17-2007, 05:48 PM
The playoff game against the Colts is also my first choice. The score didn't even come close to how dominant our Steelers were in that game. :tt02:

A close second is the 23-17 OT win against the Bungles last season to knock them out of playoff contention. :thumbsup: Ben's 67 yarder to Santo in OT, who blazed down the sidelines and into the endzone, was a vision of beauty and a bright spot at the end of a long and disappointing season. :tt02:

Elvis
05-17-2007, 06:12 PM
My most memorable game lately is a tough one...
Ending the Patriots long winning streak a couple years back or
putting the Bengals out of the playoff hunt last year...
But I guess it would have to be the End The Streak Baby!!!!!:thumbsup:
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::t t02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

stillers4me
05-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Loved the playoff game against the Colts (except the last couple of minutes.......gad, I was a mess!!) Seeing Manning laid flat out on the turf over and over again was soooooooooo satisfying!!

My first Steeler game was this New Year's in Cinci with FCG........I'll never, ever forget the sight of Santonio running all the way to endzone in OT to end the Bungals season........again!! What a way to end a perfectly forgettable season!

Stillers43
05-17-2007, 08:07 PM
There was a lot of good ones, but I loved the blow out game against the Clowns on Christmas Eve. It was awesome to see so many Steeler fans and terrible towels waving in Brownie Stadium. It was also great when Harrison power-drived that Clown fan! Great X-mas present.

Davison_K
05-17-2007, 08:09 PM
The stomping of the Chiefs one of the only high points of last season. Almost thought we were going to turn it around... too bad eh?

I also liked the game against Atlanta. That was a great game, but it sucked that we ended up losing it and that it was one of Prick's best games.

ben2hines=6
05-17-2007, 08:26 PM
come on fellas, that last game against the bumgals was CLASSIC...haha....i mean denver even lost to the damn 49ers.....we knocked their punk ass' right outta the playoffs....lets hope we have a little more of that ben to santonio

Stlrs4Life
05-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Great pick...that was the game everyone was sure we lost and the J...E....T...S..jets, jets,jets... missed the easy field goal!!!!!

Twice!

We were lucky to win this one.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Oh man,living in Cleveland I will never forget the Christmas Eve ass kicking we gave the Clowns.

I work at a gas station so I see a ton of Clowns fans daily.I worked 6am-2pm Christmas day and was allowed to wear a Christmas hat...so I wore a Steelers one.Man,did that piss a lot of people off Christmas morning.

I also will forever remember the comeback win against the Clowns last year in Cleveland.It was my first ever Steelers game and all the Clowns fans around me were talking so much smack.The look on thier faces when the game turned in the Steelers favor was totally priceless.

SteelersMongol
05-18-2007, 12:20 AM
My most memorable game lately is a tough one...
Ending the Patriots long winning streak a couple years back or
putting the Bengals out of the playoff hunt last year...
But I guess it would have to be the End The Streak Baby!!!!!:thumbsup:
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::t t02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

100% AGREED!!!

gelf265
05-18-2007, 01:08 AM
i think that the jets game in bens rookie yr get overlooked because of the colts game the next yr but it was equal in the emotional rollercoater ride department all of the games mentioned are very memorable but i guess id have to say the colts game because i was in vegas with my entire fam and the entire sports book at the bellagio was rooting for the colts and we were the only steez fans sorry for writing a book

Galax Steeler
05-18-2007, 04:55 AM
I think it was the last game of last year against the bungles go santonioooooooooooo.

steelcity58
05-18-2007, 05:17 AM
The Patriot game the season before, when they went 15-1, and should have gone to the SB, ...when they kicked the dog**** out of the Patty's.

stlrtruck
05-18-2007, 09:29 AM
I've got two of them.

1 - The 2002 playoff game against the clowns. Only because when my soon-to-be wife's friend left the house with 5 minutes to go in the game, the Steelers came back to take the lead. My wife's friend had a clowns colored sweater on and with 2 minutes to go she wanted to come back in and I wouldn't let her in the house because the Steelers performed better when she was gone.

2 - The 2001 game against the Bucs on Monday night. I sat in the end zone that the Steelers scored all their points. It was fun listening to all the scubs fans crying.

Buzz05
05-18-2007, 09:34 AM
I think I gotta go way back. It probably is the first time I really started to realize this was my team. The 'Photo-game' in '95 against the Vikings. When Cowher stuffed the poloroid into the refs pocket. I knew right then that I loved how Cowher didnt take any crap from anyone and neither did his team.

The Cleveland game in 2002 was awsome too but the 'Photo-game' always sticks out in my mind.

coachspeak33
05-18-2007, 10:12 AM
the colts playoff game in 05 goes down as one of the best NFL playoff games ever.
the same goes for 95 colts AFCCG

02 vs browines finished with a flurry

snapping the pats 21 game winning streak.....my first game at heinz field....WOW

i still remember what a great game in 89 AFC divisional game vs Den...Merril Hoge was a man posessed.

The Bears game in 05....changed our season....vintage Steelers (and bears for that matter) football...the snow, the mud, smashmouth football...all it needed was old school NFL films music and that guy who narrated the 60's and 70's NFL films....what was his name?

fansince'76
05-18-2007, 10:14 AM
The Bears game in 05....changed our season....vintage Steelers (and bears for that matter) football...the snow, the mud, smashmouth football...all it needed was old school NFL films music and that guy who narrated the 60's and 70's NFL films....what was his name?

John Facenda - he was born to narrate NFL Films. Ironically, he passed away from throat cancer in '84.

Hamer
05-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Wow this is a great thread. All these games yinz are bringing up are giving me warm fuzzies. Ah, memories...

Well, here are my 'recent' picks (besides the 05 playoffs and the last cincy game):

1. The 2004 Dallas game, Ben's "coming out party". This one was great, besides getting to watch the Steelers beat the Cryboys (I was stationed in TX at the time). Although they had won a couple of games before this, this was the first time that Ben really made everyone step up and take notice. And ya had to love the Steelers fans out-screaming the cow-fans in texas stadium! Plays of the game: Offense- Ben's improvised scramble and sidearm toss to Tuman for a first down, Defense - of course the big Testaverde fumble! Run Kimo Run!!

2. The 2001 Ravens playoff game. Total butt-whipping of the defending champs! I loved this game! I was in Korea that year, so I had to stay up all night to watch it and I screamed so much I'm suprised no one called the cops! This one had all kinds of drama- The Bus sidelined by a shot, famous Amos's TD leap, Plax punking out Rod Woodson for a TD catch and run, and good ol' Kordell just played his heart out making those Ravens LBs grab air all day long. But I loved the fact that we humiliated Elvis Grbac into retirement with this game! Outstanding!

Thanks, guys!

coachspeak33
05-18-2007, 10:24 AM
John Facenda - he was born to narrate NFL Films. Ironically, he passed away from throat cancer in '84.

thats it!!!!....thanks 76....he was great....those old 1/2 hour long team yearbooks were great...the sabol family needs to be put in the "human beinig hall of fame"....those shows introduced the nuances of the game to so many...

remember the old days of ESPN....nothin but sportscenter, bowling, pool & the good ol days of World Class Championship wrestling....HA......how times have changed

Counselor
05-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Beating the Bungals in the last game of last season was a treat. Run Santonio!!! LOL!

I dunno.... Going back in time... I'd have to rank the '04 beat down of the Eagles as a sweet victory.

Agreed on all of these. Hey do you recall that one can trace the McNabb/TO falling out to that game?

I recall the commentators remarking on some sideline antics between the two. Up until then it was nothing but winning so TO had nothing to whine about.

Edman
05-18-2007, 11:01 AM
I'll never forget the 27-3 stomping of "the other PA football team" in 2004. I hate Philly with a passion. Maybe because it stems from Pens/Flyers and Pirates/Phillies.

-Polamalu walloped T.O and Heinz Field erupted. I'll never forget that.
-This game was the Bus' comeback. He ran all over the Iggles.
-Mcnabb and T.O going at it on the sidelines. This was the game that made their relationship start to go sour.

I'll never forget embarrassing the Ratbirds in the '01 Playoffs either. The Ravens were very talky before that game. It's was so awesome to send those purple douchebags back home. They haven't won a playoff game since. :sofunny:

memphissteelergirl
05-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Wow this is a great thread. All these games yinz are bringing up are giving me warm fuzzies. Ah, memories...

Thanks, guys!

I agree...it's fun to remember all of these games...gets me more excited about the upcoming season.

My faves from '04 ...beating up on the Iggles and the Patsies in the reg. season, and the Jets win in the playoffs (I remember collaspsing on the floor in sheer exhaustion after that one!) :sofunny:

From '05...the Chicago game...Da Bus mowing down Brian Urlacher....classic stuff! And the a**-whuppin we gave the Clowns on Christmas Eve.

And of course, the run to SBXL-arguably the greatest in league history! :cheers:

God, I love this team!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

stlrtruck
05-18-2007, 12:23 PM

Well, here are my 'recent' picks (besides the 05 playoffs and the last cincy game):

2. The 2001 Ravens playoff game. Total butt-whipping of the defending champs! I loved this game! I was in Korea that year, so I had to stay up all night to watch it and I screamed so much I'm suprised no one called the cops! This one had all kinds of drama- The Bus sidelined by a shot, famous Amos's TD leap, Plax punking out Rod Woodson for a TD catch and run, and good ol' Kordell just played his heart out making those Ravens LBs grab air all day long. But I loved the fact that we humiliated Elvis Grbac into retirement with this game! Outstanding!

Thanks, guys!

I'll have to check my ticket stubs but I'm pretty sure I was at that game. Was that the one where Plax made that 75-80 yard grab with no one else behind him? If it's the game I'm thinking of, I was in the club level wearin' the black and gold - having ice thrown at me - carrying a sign that said, "Only the Bold Wear the Black and Gold!"

I loved that game too. Talk about silencing the ratbird fans - it was great!

alittlejazzbird
05-18-2007, 12:40 PM
I'll never forget the back-to-back drubbings of the Pats and Eagles either. I have never seen a Steeler team look so dominant in my lifetime. Oh, that was such a memorable year.

Unfortunately, Ben had to be a rookie. But history is history. Don't forget, the Pats were at the peak of their dynasty run that year. They were just too good.

I agree completely with Edman; those back to back total domination wins (october 31 vs. the Pats and November 8 vs. the Eagles) announced to the football world that the Steelers were the team to beat. The cover of Sports Illustrated for the week of November 15 said it all -- "STEELERS - Back on Top." After years of almost, you could feel the tide turning.

Aside from the XL win, nothing else for me in recent memory will top the Colts playoff game in '05, which was one for the ages. But those two in '04 come mighty close.

IA Stiller
05-18-2007, 01:47 PM
The obvious ones have already been taken...

'00-'01? game in Baltimore when Kordell threw a 90 yd touchdown right down the middle to Bobby Shaw. I think that game won the division title. Taking the title away from the ratbirds on their turf on national TV has to be top 10.

polamalufan43
05-18-2007, 01:48 PM
The '05 victory against the colts and the victory where the immaculate reception took place by far. Don't know if that counts because the IR wasn't exactly in recent memory, lol.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

onthebus36
05-18-2007, 02:57 PM
What about the '04 game against the Dolphins? Ben's first start with the whole game in the middle of Hurricane Jeanne!

Ben hit Hines for a TD early in the 4th quarter and Duce ran for over 100 yards with 49 of them coming on the final quarter drive that kept the ball from the Dolphins.

Too many people missed that game because it was moved to a Saturday due to the hurricane.

Another personal favorite was last year's drubbing of the Chiefs. I was on travel and was sure I would miss the game because I was stuck at O'Hare airport. I poked my nose into the sports bar and they had the Bungles game on so I had given up on seeing the game and hoping I had set my DVR right.

It turned out the network had cut over to the Bengals which was also an early game and it had run long. Long story short (too late right?), I ended up watching the game in a Subway sub shop that was near my gate and happened to have a TV on.

Fun game to watch under those circumstances. But I didn't miss it!

fansince'76
05-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Another personal favorite was last year's drubbing of the Chiefs. I was on travel and was sure I would miss the game because I was stuck at O'Hare airport. I poked my nose into the sports bar and they had the Bungles game on so I had given up on seeing the game and hoping I had set my DVR right.

It turned out the network had cut over to the Bengals which was also an early game and it had run long. Long story short (too late right?), I ended up watching the game in a Subway sub shop that was near my gate and happened to have a TV on.

Fun game to watch under those circumstances. But I didn't miss it!

Our CBS affiliate here in Denver switched over to another game (which I can't recall off the top of my head) early in the 3rd because it was such a blowout. :pissed: I wound up listening to the rest of it on WBGG 970 AM's webstream.

oldschool
05-18-2007, 03:47 PM
05 against the Bears -in the Burgh -in the Snow!
My favorite picture is the Bus running over Urlacker and pan-caking him on his back, I use it as my wall paper. Defense? What Defense!

jjpro11
05-18-2007, 10:12 PM
2002 playoffs vs the browns.. living in cleveland, it doesnt get much more exciting and satisfying than that.

FastWillieParker39
05-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Mine has to be 05 Colts. I remember waking up that day and had a funny feeling the Steelers were going to win somehow. Watch the game with friends and at the end I said that I had a funny feeling about the whole game and of course they didn't believe me lol. I remember all my friends were high fiving and jumping around when Porter sacked Manning in what seemed like the end of the game.

Then I wasn't paying attention and I hear my one friend scream "NOOO!!!" and I look and Nick Harper has the ball in his hands I thought this is a friggin nightmare. The first play happens a 20 some yard pass play to Harrison and I'm thinking "No this can't be happening." Then when Vanderjagt went out to kick it my friend who isn't a Steeler fan looks at me and says "I guarntee you he misses this kick." Then they said he never missed in the playoffs and was the NFL's most successful kicker. I looked at him and said "Yea sure uh huh." He says "Watch and sees what happens he misses this FG too much pressure." Then he kicks and it goes way left and we all start jumping around again and I look at him as he has a smirk on his face and I tell him "Damn you're good"

RoethlisBURGHer
05-19-2007, 03:29 PM
The obvious ones have already been taken...

'00-'01? game in Baltimore when Kordell threw a 90 yd touchdown right down the middle to Bobby Shaw. I think that game won the division title. Taking the title away from the ratbirds on their turf on national TV has to be top 10.

I remember watching that game in my Steelers decorated basement bedroom because my dad (Clowns fan) didn't want to watch the game with me.My yelling eventually made my brother leave.

When Vanderjerk missed that FG I just collapsed on the living rom floor,so releived to know wee were going to Denver.

polamalufan43
05-19-2007, 09:48 PM
05 against the Bears -in the Burgh -in the Snow!
My favorite picture is the Bus running over Urlacker and pan-caking him on his back, I use it as my wall paper. Defense? What Defense!

Oooh...that's a good one too...
~PF43:tt02:

Indy_Steelers
06-03-2007, 09:46 PM

I like that one and the first game against Cleveland in '06. As bad as we were playing I did not want to loose to Cleveland.

noto45
06-05-2007, 09:54 PM
the back to back wins over phily and new england!

MACH1
06-06-2007, 12:37 AM
My favorite was the win over the suckhawks in the superbowl...:champs:

Besides that one I'd have to go with the Pats and Eagles a** whipins we handed out.

Steel Pit
06-06-2007, 02:35 AM
You guys have already mentioned the top games. I'll throw in the early to mid 90's Monday Night Football games played against the Buffalo Bills at Three Rivers Stadium. There were 2 or 3 of them against the Bills.

I can remember Frank Gifford saying "We may be witnessing a changing of the guard in the AFC" as the Steelers whooped the Bills a$$ in 92.

We smacked the H E L L out of them. Remember Don Beebe getting WHACKED on the sideline as he attempted to catch a pass? Jim Kelley was constantly harassed by Greg Lloyd and Carnell Lake's sacks as well as Rod Woodson's interceptions. Bruce Smith played one of those games with a blood-soaked jersey. Those were great PHYSICAL Steelers games. Three Rivers Stadium was never more hostile.

The 95 playoff game against the Bills was equally impressive. I remember Chris Collinsworth, who commentated the game, whining during the entire telecast and insisting that the outcome would have been different if Bruce Smith wasn't out with the flu. PLEASE!

The Steelers vs Bills games were all top notch with the exception of the 92 playoff game.

pitt
06-06-2007, 09:07 AM
The Colts playoff game was one of the most exciting.

we deyyy x86
06-06-2007, 09:34 AM
i think the '05 game against the bears in the snow was one to remember. that was true steelers football right there.
the december '05 game against the browns was a good one too... beating them 41-0...but there wasnt much competition there.

Kittyfish
06-06-2007, 10:36 AM
i think the '05 game against the bears in the snow was one to remember. that was true steelers football right there.
the december '05 game against the browns was a good one too... beating them 41-0...but there wasnt much competition there.Yes, but that was a game where I could relax and thoroughly enjoy it! It was against the Browns, after all, and there was no way they could have won after a certain point. It was fun to just sit back and relish the carnage.

That game last year against the Bengals was pretty exciting - the one where we couldn't get anything going at all until about the third quarter and it looked pretty hopeless. Somehow we rallied and managed to win, when a last play, desperation touchdown pass by the Bengals was narrowly missed. I had to rewind and watch the end of that one, just to be sure I had seen it all correctly. Whew!

But the most exciting game in recent history has to be the playoff game against the Colts. Talk about an emotional roller coaster! We had it won, then we had it lost, and then finallly sealed the deal due to a wildly off target kick by Vanderjakt. I was just feeling so badly for Jerome Bettis - can you imagine if that potentially game-losing fumble was the final play of his career? He deserved better than that (and thankfully, he ended up getting exactly the ending he deserved for his career). And can you imagine if the Colts had ended up winning, due to that bad call overturning Polamalu's interception (and the Colts scored off that bad call too). We - or at least I - would still be fuming over that! Thank goodness it all turned out okay in the end.

section514
06-06-2007, 11:04 AM
I love the 05 Bears game at home in the snow. To me, that was Steeler Football in it's purest form.

by far the greatest heinz field experience

SteelerFanInATL
06-07-2007, 05:59 PM
The come from behind win against the Browns a few years ago with Tommy Gun as the QB. That one sticks out in my mind because that is the first time that I could remember the Steelers winning a game like that. Behind in the 4th Qtr, come from behind win, while throwing the ball. Who would have ever thought.

flanman
06-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Bettis running over Urlacher in the 2005 season. Just showing everyon that he still had it in him to be the man when the Steelers needed him.

bkreagle1
06-08-2007, 08:33 PM
I attended the 2002 wildcard game against Cleveland. Down by 12 points with 3:06 left in the game. Two touchdowns and a two-point conversion (Randle El to Tuman) later - we won it by 3.

The two Browns fans on my right were crying. The two Steeler fans on my left were crying. The whole place was going nuts. One of the best experiences of my lifetime.

(My wife held off giving birth to my son until I got home)

SteelCityMan786
06-08-2007, 08:45 PM
So many to choose from, I don't know where to start.

AvoidLLoyd95
06-09-2007, 08:19 AM
My fav....Bettis as he bulldozed Urlacher into the endzone, in the snow...his legacy cemented in time!

83-Steelers-43
06-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Off the top of my head....

Beating the Browns in the 2002 playoffs...FUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

Beating the Eagles and Patriots back to back. Heinz Field was rocking.

Steelers vs Bears. Excellent atmosphere.

SteelCityMan786
06-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Off the top of my head....

Beating the Browns in the 2002 playoffs...FUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

Beating the Eagles and Patriots back to back. Heinz Field was rocking.

Steelers vs Bears. Excellent atmosphere.

Definantly.

Another one, being at Heinz Field for Jerome Bettis's LAST home game.

verks36
06-09-2007, 10:25 AM
mine would have to be as many of you have already said

beating the the 22 in a row patriots and then the best team in the NFC eagles in back to back weeks

klick81
06-09-2007, 11:14 AM
-Mcnabb and T.O going at it on the sidelines. This was the game that made their relationship start to go sour.

You're right! This was the first time they publicly showed their dislike for each other. WHAT AN HONOR!!!

klick81
06-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Bettis running over Urlacher in the 2005 season. Just showing everyon that he still had it in him to be the man when the Steelers needed him.

That was an amazing game. It almost brought tears to my eyes.

Big7BenHOF
06-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Have to go with the Playoff game against the Colts.

troylambertswann
06-30-2007, 12:16 AM
I may be wrong here...

2004...5th...6th game of the season...The Steelers made the Pats look like High School players...

Jumped out early...and never looked back...

steelersfanman92
06-30-2007, 10:51 AM
It is definetly the Steelers beating the Colts in the Playoffs. Living in Indy I was going crazy. I wore my jersey almost everday for the next 2 weeks and got so much cra about it. It was great.