PDA

View Full Version : Alonzo Jackson...Update**Signs w/ Eagles

stand undefeated
09-05-2005, 09:30 PM
I was browsing through the tv channels and stopped and watched some of the baltimore/redskins preseason game today on nfl network. Down there at the bottom scrolling across, I believe it said Alonzo was signed to the practice squad of the Eagles.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also, I think that Suisham guy, was signed to the cowgirls practice squad.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Suisham never had a chance to make the team.. Between Gardocki and Reed they had the jobs sewn up..their game time was simply auditions for other suitors..

I'll see if I can find anything about Jackson!

TasmanianTroy271
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/103-09052005-537148.html Scroll to the Bottom...

NOTES:@ WR Michael Gasperson, DE Alonzo Jackson, G/C Jamaal Jackson, DT Keyonta Marshall, CB/WR Robert Redd, TE Andy Thorn, and G Scott Young and RB Bruce Perry were signed to the practice squad.

lol They have him listed at DE, they're in for a suprise...

BB2W
I have read somewhere that Zo went to the Eagles.... not sure where though. :confused:

Koopa
09-05-2005, 09:47 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/default.jsp

also he's listed on the roster at the way buttom where it says practice squad

BlitzburghRockCity
09-05-2005, 09:48 PM
I cant find anything on KFFL or yahoo sports, will check the eagles site in a bit.

Here is another article on it.

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=14913

The Eagles filled out their eight-player practice squad on Monday. Among them are running back Bruce Perry, who was cut Sunday to make room for Lamar Gordon, and defensive end Alonzo Jackson.

The Steelers drafted Jackson in the second round in 2003, and he played nine games for them over the last two seasons. Because they play a 3-4 defense, the Steelers moved the 6-4, 268-pound Jackson to linebacker.

?We liked him as a DE coming out, so we asked if he would be interested in going back and putting his hand on the ground and playing DE,? Reid said. ?He liked that, so we brought him on. We thought he was a heck of a player at Florida State.?

In four seasons with the Seminoles, Jackson had 23 sacks.

atlsteelers
09-06-2005, 06:57 PM
he may turn out to be a decent player in a system that plays to his talents, people use to dog mike vabrel all of the time and look at the nice career he has put together

acrossthepond
09-08-2005, 01:48 PM
I agree - the guy was told to bulk up, then lose weight, then bulk up again . . . seems as though they couldn't quite work out the best way to use him. He had a couple of sacks in his first preseason then nothing . . . I know he didn't work out as a linebacker, but as a 4-3 End, it's a quite different position . . . you never know . . .

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-10-2005, 06:52 PM
thank god we got rid of that bum. I was so sick and tired of all the threads on him as a failed project.