PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State vs. Texas

Suitanim
09-06-2005, 10:19 AM
This game deserves it's own thread. I think the winner will ceratinly get the early jump in the polls and should move to #2 (In Texas' case, remove any doubt that they deserve their #2 ranking), but TX is going to have their hands full. Here are some stats surrounding the game.

OSU is 6-0 under the lights in the shoe, 25-8 at night overall.
All-time records are equally impressive: OSU 766-298-53, TX 788-310-33
OSU has 7 Nat'l Championships, TX has 3.
Bucks are 27-3-1 vs. the Big 12.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-06-2005, 03:09 PM
This is going to be a HUGE game and could possibly be the deciding factor on who plays in the National Championship game.

Buckeyes win a good one.

Koopa
09-06-2005, 04:23 PM
vince wins the game on his own cause he's simply unstoppable,http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/lucmclend20/vinceyoung.gif hahahahaha. i don't know i'm nervous about this game, hopefully our crack headed wrs can step up, cause sweed drops some of the easiest passes in the world. it's going to be a great game, we got fast as hell backs and of course vince young, but other then that i have no idea. and i know nothing about ohio state so i don't know how the match ups are going to be.

clevestinks
09-06-2005, 04:31 PM
My wifes cousin is huge huge OSU fan, so I have $50 on Texas. Go Longhorns.

Suitanim
09-06-2005, 05:00 PM
OSU is putting the fastest team on the field they have EVER had, and Vince Young is cancelled out as an advantage because the Buckeyes have exactly the same type of player at QB in Troy Smith. The advantages I see going to TX are only OL and RB. DL is a wash, LB is definitely OSU, secondary is a wash, QB is a wash, WR's definitely favor OSU, as do special teams. Tressel wins the coaching battle because he wins big games and Brown is a little lacking there...intangibles go to the Bucks because playing in front of a fired up, hungry horseshoe crowd of 105,000 HAS to inspire the Buckeyes.

I'm guessing 35-27 Buckeyes.

geran42o
09-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Not even gonna be that close Suit

Suitanim
09-10-2005, 05:56 PM
I should retract my prediction...so far this year I have picked Boise State over Georgia, the Raiders over the Pats, and Michigan over Notre Dame...anyone see a pattern here?

tootalltoscore
09-10-2005, 06:18 PM
I should retract my prediction...so far this year I have picked Boise State over Georgia, the Raiders over the Pats, and Michigan over Notre Dame...anyone see a pattern here?

Yeah, do not start offering odd, unless you can lay at better ones :grin:

Suitanim
09-10-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm not a gambling man (money wise), but I like to lay it out there on the line sometimes and pick the underdog. Trust me, if there was money on the line, I'd be making none of these picks.

Here's why I like OSU tonight though:

Tressel wins big games and Mack Brown blows them, and this is certainly a big game.
OSU's defense is better than Texas' defense. The stereotype about big 10 defensive team speed is just that.
OSU has more playmakers on offense. Vince Young is cancelled out by Troy Smith, who is a little smaller but a little quicker.
The shoe will be crazy tonight, and it will cause problems with Texas' offense.

I may be wrong as Hell, and if I am I'm gonna stop picking games altogether, but I think these are solid and legitimate reasons why the Buckeyes prevail tonight.

Speaking of, I gotta go grab a good seat at the Sports bar...Hopefully I'll be drunkedly posting up congrats to the Bucks around 11:30 tonight!

Koopa
09-10-2005, 07:28 PM
well mack brown just won the rose bowl, but he didn't win it the players do, so the coaches have nothing to do with this, it's the playmakers and vince is a better play maker then any of them. it's going to be a close game but ya'll are way overhypin ya'lls d, ya'll will not be able to keep up with vince, por favor believe it

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2005, 08:37 PM
I thought I saw Kordell Stewart on the field tonite for Texas!! He's worlds above where kordell was in college, but man you can see the running ability, the same stature, build, number, the similarities are pretty profound IMO..just hope I didnt jinx him now ;)

Koopa
09-10-2005, 08:59 PM
well any of ya'll that doubted vince young, i hope ya'll be watching. and damn sweed actually caught something. selvin young is pissing me off and i don't see why we just don't keep jamal charles in.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2005, 09:10 PM
OSU is starting to get some momentum now w/ the OL, so texas needs to step up and use that speed at LB to get more pressure

Koopa
09-10-2005, 09:20 PM
well this game is over, damn vince young sucks, nvm all i said earlier. he won osu the game for being a dumb asshole thinking he's god and can make something out of nothing everytime.

Koopa
09-10-2005, 09:26 PM
ok this is bullshit, selvin young needs to re break his damn ankle and then tear his acl and then drop out of school and go live in a in a hole. damn mack brown is a freakin idiot he sees he's playing like shit and jamal charles is doing good and he keeps this stupid ass selvin in the game. damn it, the youngs turned on UT and won osu this damn game

Koopa
09-10-2005, 10:09 PM
now i can stick the fork in this game, and now i know vince young is just another over rated running qb that chokes in most big games. and is no longer a heinsmen candidate. he might as well stay for his fifth year in UT cause the bitch ain't even a second round qb, hell even if he does stay he'll be converted to a wr

Koopa
09-10-2005, 11:40 PM
alright, sorry about all that, i get a little crazy during close games like this, i still feel the same about selvin young he is as worthless as they come. but this was one hell of a game, my throat hurts from all the screaming. i always forget vince may make mistakes but he makes the plays when they need to happen.

HOOK EM'

clevestinks
09-11-2005, 07:56 AM
Wow, great game. Congrats to Texas, and I won $50. But Texas does have themselves a Heisman front runner. "Hook em Horns"

Suitanim
09-11-2005, 08:41 AM
It was a very entertaining game, and credit to the Horns...

I think Tressel needs to decide on one QB and stick with him, and that QB needs to be Smith. I also hated how they used Smiith...Vince Young is an athlete and a RB playing QB who can throw a little, but Smith is a QB who can throw and run a lot. It was a mistake to change the playbook and try to have Smith be Vince Young and run all the time...he's a very competent passing QB and the Bucks virtually ignored his passing ability.

OSU will still be a very good team, and are capable of running the table...this may be a year where everybody has a loss, and if you lose, lose early. Unfortunately, I don't think there are many scenarios where OSU could play Texas again, but I'd love to see the Bucks get a chance for revenge in the Rose Bowl for a national championship...

clevestinks
09-11-2005, 08:52 AM
Watch out for Iowa in the Big Ten. They are a good football team. And the biggest thing in thier favor is they play neither OSU or Mich. They may be on thier way to a Big10 championship.

The Big 10 needs a playoff. Who wouldnt want to see OSu and Mich fight it out twice a year, maybe in back to back weeks.

Suitanim
09-11-2005, 09:06 AM
I think you are thinking of Purdue...OSU plays Iowa September 24th, and Iowa got beat up by an unranked Iowa State yesterday.

Purdue is overrated...my Akron Zips hung almost 400 yards and 24 points on them yesterday, and even though they don't play OSU or Michigan, they will have trouble if mid ranked MAC teams can have that much success against their defense.