PDA

View Full Version : CBS vs Fox vs NBC vs ESPN

Jeremy
05-19-2007, 12:35 PM
If you could choose one network to carry all of the Steelers games, who would you choose?

I'm going with CBS. I don't like the presentation style of Fox, I hate Madden on NBC, and I really hate Kornheiser and Jaworski on ESPN.

Newzfoxjr
05-19-2007, 12:42 PM
CBS, but I like the music and graphics on Fox. Too bad their camera angles suck.

Jeremy
05-19-2007, 12:52 PM
CBS, but I like the music and graphics on Fox. Too bad their camera angles suck.

I think that sometimes Fox goes overboard on the graphics and music and doesn't spend enough time on finding and coaching good booth teams. Plus their studio coverage has totally gone to hell since James Brown left the network.

fansince'76
05-19-2007, 01:35 PM
CBS, as long as that idiot Simms or that tool Randy Cross aren't in the booth.

oldschool
05-19-2007, 02:08 PM
I can't stand CBS, they spend so much time promoting their own TV shows. It drives me up a wall. I tried shutting off the sound and listening to the radio play by play like we used to do back in the Burgh, but direct TV and internet radio are on different time delays, it ends up that the internet radio feed is a play behind the video.

Jeremy
05-19-2007, 02:11 PM
I can't stand CBS, they spend so much time promoting their own TV shows. It drives me up a wall. I tried shutting off the sound and listening to the radio play by play like we used to do back in the Burgh, but direct TV and internet radio are on different time delays, it ends up that the internet radio feed is a play behind the video.

Every network hypes it's own shows, that's why they spend the money to get the rights to broadcast sports. Fox and NBC are no better.

coachspeak33
05-19-2007, 07:25 PM
the ESPN HD feed is quite incredible....I am sure Theesman leaving is a great thing....I am not so sure Jaworski isnt gonna be worse!!!!! Kornheiser I dont mind him as much....he at least shuts the hell up every once in a while....I like him mon PTI

CBS.....dunno what is worse Simms and Nantz....or their prepame....Marino is alright and JB was a nice addition....but Boomer AND Deion....Yuk...and their HD is so so.

I like Fox's 2nd or 3rd crew...dunno their names but the play by play is a former player, black guy, Kevin Pitts might be his name????? and the color analyst (white guy) real knowledgeable & he isnt 70 yrs old so he sounds like a guy you could watch a game with...but i dont know his name

I think they did the steelers/bears game in the snow....but i could be wrong....but i know they have done at least 1 of our games vs a NFC team in the last year or two.....I watch a lot of them on the Ticket

oldschool
05-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Every network hypes it's own shows, that's why they spend the money to get the rights to broadcast sports. Fox and NBC are no better.

You are probably right, CBS just covers more games (AFC), I shure miss Myron on the radio.:frown:

steelerbackr4life
05-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Strictly based on camera angles and overall pictures CBS or ESPN Hi Def versions are fine. If the announcers are unbearable then I just listen to my sirius and enjoy the hometown call.

Sith Lord
05-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Without question CBS. The third team announcers are better than any others on any other network. If you want to take al michaels out of that statement you can, but no one else. Again, just my opinion.

Stlrs4Life
05-20-2007, 10:51 AM

Same here. CBS.

Jeremy
05-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I will say that ESPN is the best network for college football. But it's obvious that the powers that be at ESPN decided to let NBC dole out the big money for their Sunday Night package.

verks36
05-21-2007, 03:08 PM
i would go with ESPN because when ever there is a game on espn during sportscenter and other shows on espn they hype up the game so much. So thats why i would like to see it on espn plus i thinks kornhiser is prety entertaining even though he doesnt know much about football

Jeremy
05-21-2007, 03:22 PM
i would go with ESPN because when ever there is a game on espn during sportscenter and other shows on espn they hype up the game so much. So thats why i would like to see it on espn plus i thinks kornhiser is prety entertaining even though he doesnt know much about football

I'd like to think that's why Jaworski was picked to be in the booth. I'd still scrap the whole announce team and try to get Dick Vermeil back in the booth, but that's just me.

vader29
05-21-2007, 05:58 PM
I like CBS the best except when Brent Jones is doing color commentary.