PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Challenge

Fire Haley
05-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Holy crappola!

Matt won the pole for the All-star Challenge race by almost 2 seconds....the Killer Bee's blew their doors off!

http://media.thatsracin.com/smedia/2007/05/18/21/892-051807kenseth.highlight_large.prod_affiliate.63.jp g

Qualifying Results

2:01.40 by Kenseth
2:03.20 by Johnson
2:03.65 by Ku. Busch
2:03.88 by Harvick
2:03.89 by J. Burton
2:03.93 by Ky. Busch
2:03.95 by J. Gordon
2:04.04 by Newman
2:04.51 by Hamlin
2:05 By Jr.
2:05.19 by Kahne
2:05.45 by Biffle
2:06.72 by Jarrett
2:06.78 by Vickers
2:07.038 by Labonte
2:07.40 by Mears
2:11 by Stewart (5 sec. penalty for a wayward tire on pit road)
Mark Martin spins exiting pit road.

...to top it off...Suzy Kolber is now doing nascar ...

Suzy Kolber To Join NASCAR On ESPN: ESPN Monday Night Football sideline reporter Suzy Kolber will join the network?s NASCAR coverage team as host of the pre-race NASCAR Countdown program. Kolber, also an anchor on SportsCenter, will host NASCAR Countdown for ESPN and ESPN on ABC?s coverage of the final 17 Nextel Cup races of 2007 beginning with the July 29 Allstate 400 at the Brickyard.

She also will host NASCAR Countdown for Busch Series telecasts on ESPN2 and will host selected practice and qualifying coverage for both series. ... ?NASCAR has always interested me,? said Kolber. ?Not only for the cars and speed, but for the accessibility, and how fans can get into it. I?m going to be surrounded by experts, and my job is to be the curious one, ask questions and let the experts share their knowledge with the viewers. The most important thing to me in covering any sport is respecting the sport and the athletes.?

ESPN is really trying to sex things up.....but, her racin "credentials" are pretty skimpy

http://www.suzykolber.net/suzy_kolber_pics/Suzy_Kolber_-_Everything_Else/originals/suzy_kolber_espy1.jpg

tony hipchest
05-19-2007, 04:27 PM
pretty much unheard of that kenseth has kept that pit crew together and up front for so long. didnt they have a 12 sec stop last weekend?

interresting with suzy kolber. i think it will work, especially with the large female following nascar has, and that theyve always tried to educate the new viewers w/o letting it get stale.

there was a thread stating that during the draft the guys were being pretty rude to suzy. i didnt really notice it, but i dont think she'll have that problem working with the nascar folxs.

humpy wheeler has picked jp montoya to win the opener. he must be getting senile. doesnt he know he doesnt drive a chevy.

i got edwards and montoya to transfer and truex to get the vote. sorry kenny.

Jeremy
05-19-2007, 05:00 PM
This is far and away the most boring race might of the entire year. Mike Joy slobbering all over Jack Roush and Darrell Waltrip slobbering all over Rick "The Felon" Hendrick while the most boring track in all of NASCAR produces nothing in the way of anything close to a decent race. The only excitement comes when one of the Busch Brothers does something mind numbingly stupid and causes a wreck which takes out Dale Jr.

tony hipchest
05-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Mike Joy slobbering all over Jack Roush and Darrell Waltrip slobbering all over Rick "The Felon" Hendrick.i thought that happenens every week :hunch:

i prefer charlotte races to most of the new mile and a half tracks, especially since the cars have become so "aero sensitive". maybe the cot will change that some. after all we cant have a hendrick cars chances of winning shot as soon as they get caught up in traffic.

polamalufan43
05-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Charlotte races are definately better by a long shot, I'll agree with you there.

~PF43:tt02:

Jeremy
05-20-2007, 02:53 PM
That was the worst stock car race I have ever seen in my entire life. NASCAR should refund the cost of the tickets to all those fans for having to watch Kenny Wallace in the All Star race. What a sad and pathetic joke that race was.

revefsreleets
05-20-2007, 03:47 PM
I don't understand why everyone hates Hendrick racing so much. Rousch has as much or more resources, and they have some pretty talented drivers. Gibbs has a ton of money and great drivers. It doesn't really make sense.

As for the race, I thought it was weird seeing the old cars. I'm kind of getting used to the COT and it looks a lot more like a real race car to me, and the COT definitely can take a lot more damage. The old cars remind me of late models that run at Saturday night short tracks. I think I like the COT more and more every week.

Fire Haley
05-25-2007, 05:25 PM
II'm kind of getting used to the COT and it looks a lot more like a real race car to me.

Crapola....those boxcars suck!

I prefer my racecars sleek and fast...

http://www.mattkenseth.com/photos/2007/02Calif/MK2007ASPCali02-sm.jpg

Jeremy
05-25-2007, 05:26 PM
I don't understand why everyone hates Hendrick racing so much

Because Rick Hendrick is a convicted felon who bought a pardon from Bill Clinton. That's why I hate them.

revefsreleets
05-25-2007, 08:22 PM
His sentence was 3 years probation and a fine for bribery and mail fraud, so it's hardly like Clinton pardoned a murderer or rapist. Dude just wanted a few more Honda's for his dealerships and greased a few palms to get them.

Jeremy
05-25-2007, 08:39 PM
His sentence was 3 years probation and a fine for bribery and mail fraud, so it's hardly like Clinton pardoned a murderer or rapist. Dude just wanted a few more Honda's for his dealerships and greased a few palms to get them.

He abused the system to get what he wanted. That makes him scum in my book.

revefsreleets
05-25-2007, 08:50 PM
There must be an awful lot of scum in your book, because just about everyone in the world does just that. Sure it's not just that they win a lot?

Jeremy
05-25-2007, 09:00 PM
There must be an awful lot of scum in your book, because just about everyone in the world does just that. Sure it's not just that they win a lot?

Everyone pays half a million dollars to a sitting President to get their way out of a felony conviction? You must run with a higher class of people than I do son. Because where I come from, you can't buy your way out of trouble the way Rick Hendrick did. But I don't expect a Bleeding Heart to understand the difference what's right and what's wrong morally.

revefsreleets
05-29-2007, 07:43 PM
But what does Hendrick have to do with his drivers? Or are you saying that if Hendrick offered you a few million a year to drive for him, you'd turn it down on moral grounds? And what about a guy like Jeff Gordon who was racing for Hendrick long before any of this happened? Is he guilty of sins committed by his owner a decade later?

I'm gonna go with you hating a winner.