PDA

View Full Version : Database Errors

fansince'76
05-19-2007, 02:11 PM
The site appears to be returning intermittent database errors (screenshot attached) today. Anybody else experiencing this? Thanks.

Livinginthe past
05-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Just got one, Gary.

fansince'76
05-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Might be time for Mike to reboot the server.

Cape Cod Steel Head
05-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Just got one as well.

tony hipchest
05-19-2007, 03:52 PM
yes. whereas most times it dont, hitting "refresh" is actually working, though

Preacher
05-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Yep.

I am getting them again as well. It started last night.

polamalufan43
05-19-2007, 09:39 PM
I've been getting them everytime I try and click on something. If you hit the refresh button they go way though, although this whole refresh thing is getting old.... refresh...:coffee:

~PF43:tt02:

MACH1
05-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Yep, I'm getting them to

Preacher
05-19-2007, 10:09 PM
refresh isn't working all the time now...

I agree... it is getting old. However, For the amount we pay to access this site...

It is still WELL WORTH THE PRICE!!

----- Here is where I insert my montly beg to allow me to contribute in a way that doesn't involve PayPal----

Hey.... wait a second, i got an idea...

fansince'76
05-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback, folks - I have PM'd Mike about it. It does seem to be getting worse.

X-Terminator
05-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Problem is, unless Mike personally owns and maintains the server, there really isn't anything he can do personally, other than bitch to his web host. Apparently his host sets the "max_questions" value in the database to 50,000 queries per user, per hour, and whenever it exceeds that value, the server kicks out that error until the number goes back under 50,000, at which point it can query the database and serve pages again. It really sucks and can really frustrate users, because obviously with a board this large and receiving so much traffic, the database is constantly being queried. I know this all too well. There are hosts out there that do not limit this value, however, and if Mike so desires, I can give him the name of one.

Preacher
05-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Problem is, unless Mike personally owns and maintains the server, there really isn't anything he can do personally, other than bitch to his web host. Apparently his host sets the "max_questions" value in the database to 50,000 queries per user, per hour, and whenever it exceeds that value, the server kicks out that error until the number goes back under 50,000, at which point it can query the database and serve pages again. It really sucks and can really frustrate users, because obviously with a board this large and receiving so much traffic, the database is constantly being queried. I know this all too well. There are hosts out there that do not limit this value, however, and if Mike so desires, I can give him the name of one.

You know,

(as long as it is not PayPal), I would be willing to pay 50 bucks a year for this site. if just a hundred people did that, it'd be $5000.00.

fansince'76
05-20-2007, 12:10 AM

Thanks X-T - I was under the impression that Mike does own and maintain the server as he has mentioned on several occasions having to beef up the server.

Stlrs4Life
05-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Received it a couple of times. No biggie.

fansince'76
05-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Looks like the problem is cleared up - thanks Mike! :thumbsup: