PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu's Future - A Poll

Livinginthe past
05-21-2007, 06:32 AM
So what does Steeler Nation think the outcome of the Troy P. situation is going to be?

stillers4me
05-21-2007, 06:47 AM
Me thinks the Rooney's are no dummies......

Besides......I have that money invested in a jersey to think about.

SteelersMongol
05-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Polamalu is no Faneca which means he is not replaceable. It's almost like Steelers synonim is Polamalu. If we let me go, it's gonna hurt us way more than losing Randle El.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-21-2007, 10:38 AM
He'll have a new long-term contract in place before we demolish Cleveland on September 9th.

He's the type of saftey that comes around only so often,I think the Rooneys know if they lose him they won't have another saftey of his game-changing caliber for a long time.

tony hipchest
05-21-2007, 11:00 AM
franchising him would actually be cheaper, and 1 hell of a bargain, so it certainly wont be the 1st option.

the rooneys dont do contract talks or extensions mid season so it wont be the last option.

it really only comes down to the 2nd or 3rd option, so it will be the 3rd option. sign him long term before the season.

fansince'76
05-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Signed to a long term Steeler contract before season starts. :hope:

rbryan
05-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Signed to a long term deal. I don't think franchising him is the answer. How many years can you do that anyway? He needs to be signed to a 6-8 year deal with the signing bonus pushed well into the future. He will be a bargain in 3 years and Troy seems the type to honor his contract even if he turns out to be vastly underpaid compared to the market half way thru the deal. He is the exception to the rule, I wouldn't offer that long term deal to very many players.

ircurt11
05-21-2007, 02:05 PM
I said they sign him to a long-term contract, but that's what i want to happen. I don't think they can afford to lose him, but they have a history in letting go valuable players.

Hamer
05-21-2007, 04:41 PM
They'll definitely sign him this off season, I think if he gets released it won't be until years later after his skills start to go a little downhill.
But how long it takes really depends on Troy- how much is he willing to get the big money to play for a losing team (or one that is morgaging it's future), or accept a smaller paycheck to play for a real contender, a la Bettis?
If Troy (or Ben or anyone else) wants to retire a Steeler he will. He's already seen the blueprint.

polamalufan43
05-21-2007, 04:48 PM
I think he'll be signed around the first few weeks after the season starts. I have no doubt he is going to stay here though.

~PF43:tt02:

vader29
05-21-2007, 06:01 PM
I'd say he is signed to a long term contract before the regular season starts.

klick81
05-21-2007, 06:31 PM
LOL...with Faneca and Porter gone, I can only speculate that he's the reason why. So they BETTER sign his ____!

Btw, nice avatar vader :)

SteelCityMan786
05-21-2007, 08:29 PM
When Season starts, long term contract.

Stlrs4Life
05-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Me thinks the Rooney's are no dummies......

Exactly, they realize what we have.

GBMelBlount
05-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Signed to a long term deal. I don't think franchising him is the answer. How many years can you do that anyway? He needs to be signed to a 6-8 year deal with the signing bonus pushed well into the future. He will be a bargain in 3 years and Troy seems the type to honor his contract even if he turns out to be vastly underpaid compared to the market half way thru the deal. He is the exception to the rule, I wouldn't offer that long term deal to very many players.

"He is the exception to the rule"......reminds me of Jerome who bleeeds black & gold!!!!:cheers:

sumo
05-21-2007, 11:53 PM
I hate to be the negative one here, but I'm just hoping for his sake and the Steelers that he stays healthy - he's only a few more serious concussions away from forced retirement

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-22-2007, 12:51 AM
:confused:I will be very confused if the steelers do not sign him to a long term contract.......
very confused :confused:

qbvision.com
05-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Actually Troy has been in the league for a few years 4 i think. I really think Pittsburgh will sign him but what exactly is long term? Another 4 years is possible, being Troy is in his prime and another 4 years is about tapped out for a safety. He is a great player but remember Pittsburgh is not known for long term contracts escpecially with safeties. I do think he will get at least a 2-3 year contract.

REMEMBER THE MIAMI GAME JOEY JOEY JOEY....ACTUALLY I THINK THIS WAS A GOOD MOVE THE STEELERS ORGANIZATION MADE...NOT THAT HE WAS NOT A GREAT PLAYER BUT HIS TALENTS HAVE DIMINISHED SOME AND NOT WORTH WHAT THEY USE TO BE.

GO STEELERS

JOEY WAS LOUD..TROY IS QUIET...IM ANXIOUS TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS....MY GUESS IS 2-3 YEARS BUT NOTHING LIKE BEN GOT!!

rbryan
05-22-2007, 01:05 AM
I hate to be the negative one here, but I'm just hoping for his sake and the Steelers that he stays healthy - he's only a few more serious concussions away from forced retirement

You gotta take a chance sometime if you're gonna keep players of his caliber. Your point is well taken though. I think the same way about throwing long term $ at just about anyone else, but in this case I think Troy's worth the risk.

Galax Steeler
05-22-2007, 04:50 AM
I think troy will be signed before the season starts can you imagine what it will be like troy and anthony smith back there together.