PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry fails another drug test

tony hipchest
05-21-2007, 12:05 PM
no its not a joke or rehashing an old topic... well actually it is. the bungles are a joke and one of their players getting busted once again is an old topic. hopefully goodell kicks him out for good. when he suspended him for 8 games he told him this was his last chance to get his shit together.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2877555

Suspended Bengals receiver Chris Henry failed a court-ordered drug test and will have to serve 88 days in jail.

Kenton County (Kentucky) Attorney Garry Edmondson said that Henry tested positive for opiates and he will be forced to serve jail time.

Henry's failed drug test was first reported by WKRC-TV in Cincinnati.

Henry is on probation in Florida. It's unclear whether the reported drug test results will force him to serve jail time there.

The Bengals told ESPN's Bob Holtzman that they expect to release a statement regarding Henry later Monday.

Henry, who has been arrested four times since December 2005, has been suspended for the first eight games of next season for violating the NFL's conduct policies. He spent two days in jail last January after pleading guilty to letting minors drink alcohol in a hotel room he had rented.

Henry received traffic tickets on March 25 for driving with a suspended license, failing to use his turn signal and a seat belt violation. He was allowed to go into a license intervention program to settle the charges.

Henry is permitted to work out at the Bengals' facilities in the offseason and participate in training camp, including preseason games. He won't be allowed to practice with the team when the regular season begins. He will be reinstated after the eighth game if he stays out of trouble.

"I must emphasize to you that this is your last opportunity to salvage your NFL career," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote Henry when he suspended him. "I urge you to take full advantage of the resources available to support you in that effort."

ESPN.com's John Clayton and The Associated Press contributed to this report

Edman
05-21-2007, 12:06 PM
http://www.local12.com/content/breaking_news/story.aspx?content_id=5995f0b6-1474-4cd4-8375-08a16050665d

Things get worse. How many chances is this guy going to get? This is just pitiful.

TackleMeBen
05-21-2007, 12:10 PM
and yet again i will post this

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/bungholesmonopoly2.gif

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-21-2007, 12:20 PM
You have got to be friggin' kidding....!!!!!!!!!!!!.....this may be the stupidest team EVER!

fansince'76
05-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Moving to the BF for obvious reasons. What a dumbass.:toofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Moving to the BF for obvious reasons. What a dumbass.:toofunny:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

fansince'76
05-21-2007, 12:35 PM
A going away gift for Chris Henry:

http://usa.loccitane.com/img/product/215/15SA150V5.jpg

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

meanjoecoop
05-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Prosecutor: Conflicting information now on Henry drug test
Last Update: May 21, 2007 1:00 PM

The Kenton County Attorney now says his office has conflicting information on drug test results involving Bengals receiver Chris Henry.

Earlier today, Garry Edmondson said Henry had failed a court-ordered drug test, adding that Henry tested positive for opiates.

Edmondson says one test came back negative. He says results of another test are pending.

He would not say who told him the test was positive.

So anyway...I was talking with some guys while waiting in line at the county offices this morning. when I happen to mention that I believed Chris Henry would probably fail his next drug test... Umm... Ooops :flap:

Saying a Bungal broke the law around here is like yelling bomb in an airport. :wink02:

fansince'76
05-21-2007, 12:38 PM
Saying a Bungal broke the law around here is like yelling bomb in an airport. :wink02:

Yeah, we should give him every benefit of the doubt considering his previous track record, huh?

PS: By the way, link? :link:

onthebus36
05-21-2007, 12:56 PM
This is a gut-check moment for the new Commish. He personally visited the Bungles because of their constant problems and now a LB hits a woman and Henry fails a drug test within days. It's like they are mocking him.

This time next year, Chris Henry is the number 1 receiver in the CFL.

fansince'76
05-21-2007, 01:24 PM
This is a gut-check moment for the new Commish. He personally visited the Bungles because of their constant problems and now a LB hits a woman and Henry fails a drug test within days. It's like they are mocking him.

This time next year, Chris Henry is the number 1 receiver in the CFL.

Somehow, I doubt it. Based on what I've seen so far, Goodell's bark is worse than his bite. If he would've tossed this thug out of the league previously, there wouldn't be a possibility of the league getting yet another black eye due to his behavior. Of course, Upshaw and Co. at the NFLPA would file a grievance and be apologists for the same behavior, yet again.

fansince'76
05-21-2007, 01:41 PM
This takes the cake - unbelievable:

Frazier told ESPN.com the second test, whose results came back either late Friday or early Monday, turned out to be negative. Henry's attorney said the first test, which was not administered by the NFL but was court-mandated, was comparable to a home pregnancy test.

So, this guy can be trusted not to tamper with his own SELF-ADMINISTERED drug test? Please. Make him go down to the police station and make him piss into a vial while someone watches, and then test that sample, like they would do to an ordinary Joe. Again, just unbelievable. He really is a complete dumbass if he failed a drug test he was trusted to administer to himself.

Crushzilla
05-21-2007, 01:53 PM
He can always dress up like a woman and play in a women's football league... like in that basketball movie... Juauna Man...

No?

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-21-2007, 02:07 PM
This takes the cake - unbelievable:

So, this guy can be trusted not to tamper with his own SELF-ADMINISTERED drug test? Please. Make him go down to the police station and make him piss into a vial while someone watches, and then test that sample, like they would do to an ordinary Joe. Again, just unbelievable. He really is a complete dumbass if he failed a drug test he was trusted to administer to himself.

To try and get back into the NFL....Chris Henry opens the box for his self-administered pee-test.....looks at directions.

Step 1) Take vial out of box...............
Step 2) Hold vial in hand....................
Step 3) Fill with Urine.........................
Step 4) Realize they meant the vial.....
Step 5) Wash Hands...........................
Step 6) Repeat step 3 correctly...........
Step 7) Write name on vial..................?
Step 8) Call a friend for spelling help...
Step 9) Take vial to lab......................
Step 10) On the way...get arrested for driving without license ...defeating the purpose of taking the pee test to begin with:dang:

fansince'76
05-21-2007, 02:10 PM
To try and get back into the NFL....Chris Henry opens the box for his self-administered pee-test.....looks at directions.

Step 1) Take vial out of box...............
Step 2) Hold vial in hand....................
Step 3) Fill with Urine.........................
Step 4) Realize they meant the vial.....
Step 5) Wash Hands...........................
Step 6) Repeat step 3 correctly...........
Step 7) Write name on vial..................?
Step 8) Call a friend for spelling help...
Step 9) Take vial to lab......................
Step 10) On the way...get arrested for driving without license ...defeating the purpose of taking the pee test to begin with:dang:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Livinginthe past
05-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Its possible that this scenario has been based upon bad information.

One test has come back as negative (which I understand to mean 'good') and the results of the second are still pending.

http://www.local12.com/content/breaking_news/story.aspx?content_id=5995f0b6-1474-4cd4-8375-08a16050665d

It'll be interesting to hear how someone has short cicuited the process and has got their hands on this info - even before the Bengals have.

Either that, or it simply a false report based on the misunderstanding between what a 'negative' and a 'positive' test are.

Jeremy
05-21-2007, 02:29 PM
ESPN Story
(http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2877555)

In the middle of all of this, they released AJ Nicholson as well.

tony hipchest
05-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Its possible that this scenario has been based upon bad information.

It'll be interesting to hear how someone has short cicuited the process and has got their hands on this info - even before the Bengals have.

.something about the d.a. (who is up for re-election) prematurely releasing results. doesnt matter though. hes a bungle and in the court of public opinion he is guilty. its just a matter of time before he screws up again anyways. they need to put him out of his misery asap.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-21-2007, 02:44 PM
ESPN Story
(http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2877555)

In the middle of all of this, they released AJ Nicholson as well.

I was thinking Nicholson was released from jail...NOOOOOO!!! The Bengals actually cut him loose!!!

fansince'76
05-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I was thinking Nicholson was released from jail...NOOOOOO!!! The Bengals actually cut him loose!!!

Sure they did, he wasn't a key player:

Nicholson, a fifth-round draft pick from Florida State in 2006, appeared in only two games last season, when he had a hamstring injury.

tony hipchest
05-21-2007, 02:54 PM
the only hope for chris henry is the patriots. not even Christ or jailtime can help him.

i say he replaces either moss or stallworth before the 08 season.

stlrtruck
05-21-2007, 03:16 PM
I say he ends up a raydur

Livinginthe past
05-21-2007, 04:29 PM
the only hope for chris henry is the patriots. not even Christ or jailtime can help him.

Look, Henry is a reformed character - I mean..will be a reformed character - Patriots, family values, good christians etc etc LOL :sofunny:

tony hipchest
05-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Look, Henry is a reformed character - I mean..will be a reformed character - Patriots, family values, good christians etc etc LOL :sofunny:he's the perfect candidate for the patriots reformation project/ half way house.

even if henry is cleared in this report, it is still good practice for the bungles and their fans. june is right around the corner and thats the main month for nfl players to be hitting the police blotter.

stillers4me
05-21-2007, 06:25 PM
But duuuudddeee........he's suuuuuch a good player!! (I live in Cinci.......I hear it all the time)

Well.....it was fun while it lasted...

Until next time.....!!

X-Terminator
05-21-2007, 06:37 PM
If one of these tests comes back positive, they should throw his ass out of the league, and then tell the NFLPA to go pound sand if they don't like it. Guys like Henry and Pacman Jones are ruining the league's reputation, and it's time to send a message that being a talented athlete will no longer give you a free pass to act like an a$$hole and break the law. Enough is enough.

Edman
05-21-2007, 07:00 PM
If one of these tests comes back positive, they should throw his ass out of the league, and then tell the NFLPA to go pound sand if they don't like it. Guys like Henry and Pacman Jones are ruining the league's reputation, and it's time to send a message that being a talented athlete will no longer give you a free pass to act like an a$$hole and break the law. Enough is enough.

But the main question is, Does Goodell have the gonads to do it? He's been talking and talking but has done very little action. The NFLPA can go to hell for all I care. Chris Henry has been given way too many chances, he needs to go.

And while they're at it, ship Marvin Lewis out there with him for running this prison of a team. He needs to be held accountable as well.

GBMelBlount
05-21-2007, 10:13 PM

Is this not one of the funniest posts & threads?! Thank you SF (&TH!) for making the wait for the season bearable

HometownGal
05-21-2007, 10:27 PM
A going away gift for Chris Henry:

http://usa.loccitane.com/img/product/215/15SA150V5.jpg

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

And don't forget the.......

https://secure.rxcarecanada.com/drugimages/Preparation%20H%20Suppositories.jpg

MACH1
05-21-2007, 11:25 PM
And don't forget the.......

https://secure.rxcarecanada.com/drugimages/Preparation%20H%20Suppositories.jpg

Or the.....

http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/images/large/HM0054.jpg

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Its okay, The Patriots will trade for him next year

rbryan
05-22-2007, 12:20 AM
And the hits just keep on coming.

"Tom Cruise, A few good men"

This is too pathetic, I almost hope this isn't true. Almost

revefsreleets
05-22-2007, 03:41 PM
But the main question is, Does Goodell have the gonads to do it? He's been talking and talking but has done very little action. The NFLPA can go to hell for all I care. Chris Henry has been given way too many chances, he needs to go.

And while they're at it, ship Marvin Lewis out there with him for running this prison of a team. He needs to be held accountable as well.

I think Goodell will kick him out. If he didn't just have that highly publicized meeting where he pretty much said that if Henry screws up he's gone, maybe not, but he did, and I think he has to ban him from the league forever. It's not like Chris Henry doesn't deserve it.