PDA

View Full Version : Bengals release Nicholson

Stlrs4Life
05-21-2007, 07:37 PM
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6061 (http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6061)

Trying to clean thier image?

fansince'76
05-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Trying to clean thier image?

The Bengals may also need to make room for Odell Thurman because he?s expected to be reinstated from a year-suspension in time for training camp.

Suuurrre they are....

Edman
05-21-2007, 07:45 PM
If the Bengals were so desperate to clean their image, they would've unloaded Chris Henry. He's done much worse crap and got in so much more trouble and he didn't get his walking papers yet. This is a 5th Round pick who played in only 2 games. No major deal. I'll be impressed when they get rid of Henry.

Another reason why I'm not impressed is that they knew this kid had character issues, yet they drafted him anyway.

fansince'76
05-21-2007, 07:49 PM
If the Bengals were so desperate to clean their image, they would've unloaded Chris Henry. He's done much worse crap and got in so much trouble and he didn't get his walking papers yet.

This is a 5th Round pick who played in only 2 games. No major deal. I'll be impressed when they get rid of Henry.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one, Edman. The only way I see that happening is if the NFL intervenes and finally boots his ass out of the league for good, which should have already been done, IMO.

Preacher
05-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Edman... I agree. This is just window dressing, and really means nothing. And FS76 is right... nothing else WILL happen.

Same old BUngles.

tony hipchest
05-21-2007, 08:20 PM
they did nothing but coddle aj. they released him on the heels of the chris henry story breaking. it was a week attempt at damage control

SteelCityMan786
05-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Clean their image? More like find their next player to be arrested.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-21-2007, 10:28 PM
This is trying to make good by the new commish.

They know that soon thier criminals,err players,will cost them draft picks and fine money.

So they figure by releasing this chump Nicholson,who costs them nothing and did diddley-poo (yes,I said diddly-poo!) during the season,it would just delay the inevitable.