PDA

View Full Version : McNabb for Briggs?

RoethlisBURGHer
05-22-2007, 11:20 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Super-shuffle-McNabb-Briggs-swap-makes-sense;_ylt=Alqq0Z5BZlOPULKCz16zxipDubYF?urn=nfl,33 381

Was the recent drafting of quarterback Kevin Kolb a sign that the Philadelphia Eagles might trade Donovan McNabb before the 2007 season?

That's one theory, anyway. As for a possible destination, the Chicago Bears are ready to win the Super Bowl. They might have won it last year except for a glaring weakness at quarterback.

The key to this scenario is Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, who has said publicly that he will never play for Chicago again and who refused to report to minicamp on Friday.

Briggs is, arguably, the best weakside linebacker in the game and is only 26. He could help Philly rebuild its defense while Kolb gets ready to take control of the offense.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

I'd buy it if they still had Garcia around to hold down the QB spot for this season.However,they don't really have anyone proven at QB besides McNabb and the Eagles fans won't settle for a bad season to break in a rookie QB.

Livinginthe past
05-22-2007, 12:11 PM
No way do the Eagles trade McNabb for any LBer - no matter how good the guy is.

You don't trade a genuine franchise QB unless you have to.

PisnNapalm
05-22-2007, 12:37 PM
No way the birds will trade McNabb. Why on Earth would the Eagles give them the one key player that kept Chicago from winning the Super Bowl?

ChronoCross
05-22-2007, 12:53 PM
If they think at all that McNabb is getting to injury prone they could trade him and get what they can out of him now. And of late McNabb is having serious troubles with injuries and staying on the field. But in all I doubt they trade him, and they suck it up and deal with any and all coming injuries until McNabb is finally done in the NFL.

atrus20
05-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah, cause everyone knows that Kolb is the future! :wink02:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Yeah, cause everyone knows that Kolb is the future! :wink02:

He was thier first pick in the draft ya know.

boLT fan
05-22-2007, 04:42 PM
He was thier first pick in the draft ya know.

So was Ryan Leaf.

fansince'76
05-22-2007, 04:51 PM
So was Ryan Leaf.

:yuck: :ouch: :horror:

SteelCityMan786
05-22-2007, 04:58 PM
So was Ryan Leaf.

Who is this Ryan Leaf you speak of? :toofunny:

boLT fan
05-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Who is this Ryan Leaf you speak of? :toofunny:

I heard he was an actor.

He was in some football movie.

lilyoder6
05-22-2007, 06:41 PM
the eagles don't even need briggs in the first place.. they just got Takeo SPikes in a trade from buf so there is there weakside lb.. so no way this deal will happen

ben2hines=6
05-22-2007, 11:49 PM
yea this is a joke of a rumor.....i on the other hand could see maybe a tampa bay trade in the near future....i havent heard of anything but makes tons of sense. that is if they want to give up sims which is also a BUM

tony hipchest
05-22-2007, 11:52 PM
just to clear things up, this isnt even a rumor. its just one silly writers take on a trade that might possibly work in his mind. the fact that this has gone mainstream is a joke.

hey. ty law is from alquippa. maybe the steelers will trade alan faneca for him :rolleyes:

ChronoCross
05-23-2007, 12:12 AM
just to clear things up, this isnt even a rumor. its just one silly writers take on a trade that might possibly work in his mind. the fact that this has gone mainstream is a joke.

hey. ty law is from alquippa. maybe the steelers will trade alan faneca for him :rolleyes:

We could always trade faneca for lots and lots and lots and lots of you know what;

http://www.randomperspective.com/images/thumbs/space_probe_cheese_shop.jpg

Preacher
05-23-2007, 03:35 AM
We could always trade faneca for lots and lots and lots and lots of you know what;

http://www.randomperspective.com/images/thumbs/space_probe_cheese_shop.jpg

I say we trade him for a used puck bag

(Let's see who gets THAT reference!)

Crushzilla
05-23-2007, 04:10 AM
yea this is a joke of a rumor.....i on the other hand could see maybe a tampa bay trade in the near future....i havent heard of anything but makes tons of sense. that is if they want to give up sims which is also a BUM

I doubt that Chicago would give up Briggs for Simms even though the LB has made it clear he won't play. Somethings gotta give down there, though, considering they have 4 QBs who would make any teams roster...

rbryan
05-23-2007, 08:14 AM
How about Faneca for Briggs? Since we're making up rumors, I'd just as soon talk about this one. Not sure Briggs is signable though, sounds like he is more unrealistic about his worth than Faneca.

ShutDown24
05-23-2007, 11:48 AM
How about Faneca for Briggs? Since we're making up rumors, I'd just as soon talk about this one. Not sure Briggs is signable though, sounds like he is more unrealistic about his worth than Faneca.

He is.

I honestly do think that we should get something for Faneca while we still can though... I know the Steelers won't do it, but I wish.

ChronoCross
05-23-2007, 12:36 PM
I say we trade him for a used puck bag

(Let's see who gets THAT reference!)

http://www.greatskate.co.jp/store/product_images/pb1.jpg

rbryan
05-23-2007, 01:19 PM
He is.

I honestly do think that we should get something for Faneca while we still can though... I know the Steelers won't do it, but I wish.

I think if we could get a 1 or 2, they might deal him, but otherwise they will make him stay. Anything less doesn't warrant caving in to Faneca's temper tantrum. He hurt everyone by acting the way he has. Teams are less likely to offer that high of a pick for him now.

fansince'76
05-23-2007, 01:20 PM

I agree - Briggs is being even more of a crybaby about his situation than Faneca is about his. It would be like trading one malcontent for an even bigger malcontent.

rbryan
05-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Briggs at least played out his original contract. He's pissed cause they franchised him. Can you imagine how Faneca might react if he was franchised next year??