View Full Version : Chris Henry Cleared

fansince'76
05-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Appears the thug didn't get popped on the drug test after all:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2880304

State of Kentucky says Henry didn't fail drug test

ESPN.com news services

Updated: May 23, 2007, 1:52 PM ET

The state of Kentucky confirmed what Chris Henry's agent contended all along: The Bengals wide receiver did not fail a drug test.

Prosecutors announced early Monday that Henry had tested positive for opiates but almost immediately backed off the report. On Wednesday, the state of Kentucky released the following statement:

"This information did not come from the state Division of Probation & Parole. Repeated referrals to our office by the Kenton County Attorney's office were wrong. The Kenton County Attorney's Office has no jurisdiction in our probation supervision of Henry. Our office did, however, receive results of a drug test conducted on Henry today, and those results were negative."

The Bengals on Wednesday said they were pleased with the news.

"The Bengals are pleased that Kentucky's Division of Probation and Parole has confirmed in a press advisory today that Chris Henry did not violate any court-ordered testing he has undergone," the team said in a statement.

Henry, who has been suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 season under the NFL's new personal conduct policy, is permitted to work out at the Bengals' facilities in the offseason and participate in training camp, including preseason games. He won't be allowed to practice with the team when the regular season begins. He will be reinstated after the eighth game if he stays out of trouble.

"The Club is not aware of any circumstance in which Chris has not complied with his obligations to legal and NFL-related procedures that will be required if he is to return to active playing status during the 2007 season," the team said.

Henry is on probation in Kentucky for letting minors drink in a hotel room he rented and in Florida for carrying a concealed weapon.

On Monday, agent Marvin Frazier, citing information he received from the Bengals and Henry, said an initial screening, which he compared to a home-pregnancy test, had been followed up with one that confirmed there were no drugs in Henry's system.

Frazier said the drug screening was part of Henry's two-year probation in Florida, where he pleaded guilty last year to a concealed weapon charge. Henry is also on probation in Kenton County after pleading guilty to a charge of letting minors drink in his hotel room.

Henry, the Bengals' No. 3 receiver, has shown big-play ability, and the offense struggled last year when he was benched one game by coach Marvin Lewis and suspended two more by the NFL.

83-Steelers-43
05-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Much like I stated with Ricky Williams before he failed his fifth(?) and last drug test......all in time with this P.O.S.

fansince'76
05-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Much like I stated with Ricky Williams before he failed his fifth(?) and last drug test......all in time with this P.O.S.

Oh, I agree - especially since the scumbag is allowed to self-administer his tests!

tony hipchest
05-23-2007, 03:12 PM
the bungles and their fan(s) can look at this as a fire drill. it was good practice.

i guess the wizzinator does work.

tony hipchest
05-23-2007, 03:14 PM
On Monday, agent Marvin Frazier, citing information he received from the Bengals and Henry, said an initial screening, which he compared to a home-pregnancy test, had been followed up with one that confirmed there were no drugs in Henry's system.however results did say he is carrying twins.

83-Steelers-43
05-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Over or under a year before he's busted for something? This does not include traffic violations, DUI's, drug possesion charges or giving reach arounds to Carson Palmer because those are very minor offenses when it comes to Chris Henry and the Cincinnati Bengal organization in general.

Over or under?

fansince'76
05-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Over or under a year before he's busted for something? This does not include traffic violations, DUI's, drug possesion charges or giving reach arounds to Carson Palmer because those are very minor offenses when it comes to Chris Henry and the Cincinnati Bengal organization in general.

Over or under?

Under - I imagine he'll get stopped with an unregistered handgun - you didn't mention that one! :toofunny:

tony hipchest
05-23-2007, 03:21 PM
i'll go under with either vehicular homicide or involuntary manslaughter.

83-Steelers-43
05-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Under - I imagine he'll get stopped with an unregistered handgun - you didn't mention that one! :toofunny:

lol, I lost track after his fourth arrest. Thank you fansince'76.

EDIT: Scratch that, we got three unders.

stlrtruck
05-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Under, I'm calling it - after the bungles take a beating in Week 8, he goes off the deep end whining, bitchin', and moaning that if he were playing they would have won. He, TJ whosmydaddy, and ocho (let me renege on a raffle) stinko go downtown cincinnati and they procede to get plastered. They run into a few of the Steelers faithful and Henry pulls out his concealed gun, waves it around in the air like TJ looking for a pass interference flag. The Steelers fans laugh at them, take the gun out of his hand, and procede to hold him down until the police get there.

Goodell, commends the Steelers faithful for protecting the league, and then gives Henry his NFL walking papers. Much to everyone's shagrin, NBC hires him as an analyst for Sunday night football where his first game is in Pittsburgh and the crowd gets so loud when he tries to talk that no one can understand what he is saying - not even the person doing the closed captioning!!!!

Jeremy
05-23-2007, 03:53 PM
It's only a matter of time. People don't change who they are underneath. And underneath it all, Chris Henry is a bad person. He may do some good things from time to time and fool some people, but at the end of the day he's a bad guy.

stlrtruck
05-23-2007, 04:01 PM
It's only a matter of time. People don't change who they are underneath. And underneath it all, Chris Henry is a bad person. He may do some good things from time to time and fool some people, but at the end of the day he's a bad guy.

I would tend to disagree with you. People can change who they are underneath but it usually only comes about when they've hit rock bottom and, well as we all know, Henry hasn't done that.

83-Steelers-43
05-23-2007, 04:31 PM
but it usually only comes about when they've hit rock bottom and, well as we all know, Henry hasn't done that.

And unfortunately, the legal system does not allow that to happen to people such as Chris Henry.

Example: Leonard Little is still playing football.

rbryan
05-23-2007, 05:57 PM
I've definitely got the under and hmmmmm lets see Felony Assault with a side order of Disorderly Conduct.

Livinginthe past
05-23-2007, 07:07 PM

Over or under?

I'll bust the run of 'unders' and take the over.

Chris Henry will not re-offend in the next 12 months.

tony hipchest
05-23-2007, 07:18 PM

:toofunny: yeah, and ben wont throw an interception.

Cape Cod Steel Head
05-23-2007, 07:22 PM
It's only a matter of time. People don't change who they are underneath. And underneath it all, Chris Henry is a bad person. He may do some good things from time to time and fool some people, but at the end of the day he's a bad guy.I agree. There is no way that he will stay clean throughout his probationary period.

X-Terminator
05-24-2007, 07:15 AM
Remember folks, the guy will not be playing football for the first 8 weeks of the season. He won't even be allowed on the field during game days. That means he will have plenty of time on his hands and plenty of opportunities to do something stupid.

I say he gets busted again before Halloween.

83-Steelers-43
05-24-2007, 08:40 AM
So we got 7 unders. 1 over. I'll go with the under.

Jeremy, I took your comments as an "under".

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-24-2007, 12:42 PM

I agree....he can get someone else to take his urine test...like Jonathan Joseph, oh wait...that wont work...okay then, Odell Thurman....mmmmm maybe not a good idea. OH!...Delthea O'Neal!...hmmm, that may be a bad idea also.....

Yea...he's screwed. I'll take the under.

Livinginthe past
05-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Anybody want a friendly $5 bet that Chris Henry won't get arrested and convicted of any crime before week 9 (Sunday Nov. 4th) of the regular season?

Loser donate the $5 to the forum.

Due to predicted demand im going to do this on a first come first served basis :wink02:

Godfather
05-27-2007, 07:59 PM
When I saw the subject line I thought he was a suspect in a new crime and he was cleared when they found a championship ring at the scene.

Elvis
05-28-2007, 08:51 AM
When I saw the subject line I thought he was a suspect in a new crime and he was cleared when they found a championship ring at the scene.
That would definitely clear any Bengal...
:tt02::wave: