PDA

View Full Version : Sign Troy now!!

qbvision.com
05-23-2007, 05:38 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS....The reason we will sign Troy to a nice deal..the guy is humble..he loves football...he said on KDKA he just wanted to play football and let his angent deal with contract stuff...what a class act guy...gotta love him....because of his attitude he will get a nice contract im sure....

P.S> Hey Faneca, you should of consulted with TP before running your BM.

GO STEELERS!!

steelersfanmx
05-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Polamalu is just a player thats seems very mature and classy... one of a kind player!
Im sure he will get a fair contract... and lucky to us, he will continue to play as a steelers for very long time...:bouncy::tt02:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-23-2007, 07:30 PM
I hpe they sign him soon

Black@Gold Forever32
05-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Yea Troy is low key and humble. But I'm sure his agent wants Troy get paid so he can get a bigger cut from the contract.lol I just don't think we are going to sign Troy for peanuts. If Troy doesn't get the highest contract for a safety then he will be in the top 3 for a safety.

TackleMeBen
05-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Troy is worth alot in money value and team value. I hope that they can sign him. I would hate to see him go another team especially in our division. but that might not be a bad thing, maybe he can teach brady quinn some class..lol.

tony hipchest
05-23-2007, 07:54 PM
if troys agent accepts a low-ball, below market value deal, he loses clients and business.

its like the defense attorney who constantly accepts plea bargains rather than actually taking a few cases to trial and winning them.

the agents job is to make sure a team doesnt capitalize on a players humbleness or generosity, otherwise troy wouldnt even have an agent and would be representing himself.

tedi bruschi does his own deals (for well below market value)... but if anyone thinks joey porter looks at him and is jealous they are crazy.

Stlrs4Life
05-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Don't we already have a thread on this?

ChronoCross
05-23-2007, 10:08 PM
we will not see anything big on troy until august when they dig into signing him then.

ben2hines=6
05-24-2007, 12:21 AM
troy will be signed but those who think becuase he IS such a classy guy that he will possibly take less money to stay in the burgh are crazy.....this is a business and him or his agent wont settle for less than top 3 period......he deserves it and if faneca was 26 he would probably be signed ONCE AGAIN to the top guard salary

Galax Steeler
05-24-2007, 04:04 AM
It makes me nervous him not being signed by now.

Buzz05
05-24-2007, 07:11 AM
It makes me nervous him not being signed by now.

Im not worried about it. Hines didnt get his contract till training camp. And I dont see Troy holding out. He will get his money. That I do know...and I dont know much haha.

tony hipchest
06-01-2007, 05:00 PM
http://www.steelersalarycap.com/articles/Steelers_Salary_Cap.htm

this is a great in depth article that outlines the total cap situation with re signing troy as the main focus. with porter and faneca being gone, i think getting troy signed to a great deal (perhaps the best for a safety) is very likely before the season begins.

Atlanta Dan
06-01-2007, 05:09 PM
http://www.steelersalarycap.com/articles/Steelers_Salary_Cap.htm

this is a great in depth article that outlines the total cap situation with re signing troy as the main focus. with porter and faneca being gone, i think getting troy signed to a great deal (perhaps the best for a safety) is very likely before the season begins.

Thanks for the link. If the deal is not done before the season starts then Troy is gone.

tony hipchest
06-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the link. If the deal is not done before the season starts then Troy is gone.no problem. ive quoted this site several times but couldnt re-find this specific article. i finally found it, and its definitely an insightful, in depth write up. also found 1 persons estimates for the potential salary cap increases. were in pretty good shape in regards to resigning all our players coming off their 1st contract and keeping our core intact (assuming this is close to accurate):

.............................2008................. ..2009...................2010................2011. ...........2012
Projected Cap- 116,134,000........ 124,134,000........ 132,134,000 ...... 140,134,000...... Uncapped

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
06-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Will be signed on june 16th

Preacher
06-02-2007, 02:55 AM
no problem. ive quoted this site several times but couldnt re-find this specific article. i finally found it, and its definitely an insightful, in depth write up. also found 1 persons estimates for the potential salary cap increases. were in pretty good shape in regards to resigning all our players coming off their 1st contract and keeping our core intact (assuming this is close to accurate):

That was a great read on that article... and a number of his predictions came true. Porter is gone, high drafts on OLB's, Punter drafted in late rounds, Gardocki gone, he even left the Faneca situation up in the air...

However, I sincerely doubt that Troy will be gone. We have a Tampa two man that is probably SALIVATING over our Safeties right now. Yeah, Troy will be back.

Elvis
06-02-2007, 12:24 PM
I agree.. the Steelers would be alot better off getting him signed as early as possible
:tt02:

tony hipchest
06-02-2007, 01:21 PM
That was a great read on that article... and a number of his predictions came true. Porter is gone, high drafts on OLB's, Punter drafted in late rounds, Gardocki gone, he even left the Faneca situation up in the air...

However, I sincerely doubt that Troy will be gone. We have a Tampa two man that is probably SALIVATING over our Safeties right now. Yeah, Troy will be back.if you like that article where the focus was extending polamalu, you will definitely like this one he did:

http://www.steelersalarycap.com/articles/2007Projection.htm

My EARLY 2007 Steelers Roster/Salary Cap Projections

Written by steelersalarycap

January 10, 2007
he accurately predicts-

*the steelers resigning b. st pierre. "St. Pierre would most likely receive a one-year contract for NFL minimum."

*"Despite the disappointing season, I do not foresee the Steelers signing many free agents"

*"I am also guessing the Steelers will receive two conditional draft picks, both in the 4th round." (he was off on 2 4ths)

*"I would think the Steelers would try to resign Najeh Davenport, who shouldn?t receive too much attention as an unrestricted free agent"

*"I think Hartings will be done. I think he retires. "

*"Max Starks should be tendered the tender amount that would return the Steelers a draft pick equal to the round the player was originally drafted. For Starks, the Steelers would get a 3rd round pick. This tender amount, according to the 2006 CBA extension would be $850,000. In my opinioin, it would be best if another team did offer Starks a higher offer. The Steelers would not match it, and receive a 3rd round draft pick. I think Starks will be a Steeler."

*restructuring aaron smiths contract- "Aaron Smith will return - with a new contract extension. During the 2006 offseason, the Jets signed Kimo Von Oelhoffen (an unrestricted free agent) to a three-year contract worth $9.2 million, which included a $3.2 million signing bonus. Von Oelhoffen was 34 year old at that time, and Smith will be a few years younger. I think it would take more to extend Smith. I am guessing a four-year contract extension (three additional years) worth $16 million, which would include a $5 million signing bonus. His 2007 salary cap value would then be $1 million (base salary) plus ($1.25 million prorated SB for new extension) plus $2,360,666 (prorated SB from existing contract)."

he breaks down the entire roster position by position:

So, in review, I resigned St. Pierre, Davenport, Morey, Bailey, Iwuoma, and Carter. I tendered offers to Washington, Starks, and Warren. I extended Faneca, Aaron Smith, and Polamalu. I signed Barr, and I have five drafted rookies making the team. I feel the greatest need in the 2007 draft is OLB, and feel RB, MLB, DE, OT are other needs. There is adequate salary cap space to maybe sign a free agent or two, but I am not expecting too much free agent activity.

OneForTheToe
06-02-2007, 02:20 PM
There is always the chance the Steelers will use the Franchise tag next year on Troy, but I hope it never gets that far.

Preacher
06-02-2007, 03:26 PM
There is always the chance the Steelers will use the Franchise tag next year on Troy, but I hope it never gets that far.

Imagine what happens if we sign Troy... and then tag Faneca... There would be hell to pay!

stillers4me
06-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Imagine what happens if we sign Troy... and then tag Faneca... There would be hell to pay!

I like it!! :flap:

tony hipchest
06-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Imagine what happens if we sign Troy... and then tag Faneca... There would be hell to pay!unfortunately that would be too expensive (about $9 mil). when you tag a linemen whether its a center guard or tackle, its based off the top 5 linemens salaries. that means we'd be paying him like j. ogden, o. pace or w. jones. thats why you never see a center get the tag.

stlrtruck
06-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Faneca schamaneca - Troy's value is definitely more than Alan's and it's time that the Steelers FO make sure they anchor down that defense with the silent leader that is THE HAIR!

OneForTheToe
06-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Anybody know the last player the Steelers franchised?

I know it has been awhile. For reasons stated above by others we don't use it much. The only posiitions I could see us using the franchise tag on in the near future would saftey, FB, punter (if the new guy pans out) and possibly, but unlikely TE or NT. Mostly any other positions would require a higher payout than the Steelers would be willing inccur.

Preacher
06-03-2007, 09:44 AM
unfortunately that would be too expensive (about $9 mil). when you tag a linemen whether its a center guard or tackle, its based off the top 5 linemens salaries. that means we'd be paying him like j. ogden, o. pace or w. jones. thats why you never see a center get the tag.

I know... I was just thinking about the blow-up that would happen

stillers4me
06-03-2007, 09:52 AM
I know... I was just thinking about the blow-up that would happen

Me, too..........Faneca's hair wouldn't be the only thing that's red.............:sofunny:

LambertIsGod58
06-03-2007, 10:01 AM
I hope we sign Polamalu...but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't.