PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated QB

Livinginthe past
05-24-2007, 01:33 PM
To help pass the offseason I thought i'd build a Most Over-Rated NFL team...with the help of you fine Steeler fans.

I'll open a poll for the various positions and go from there.

If there is someone missing from the list that you really think would get some votes then feel free to put that in your reply to the thread - then I can get one of the mods to add that option to the poll.

All players must have featured in the 2006 season.

Remember, its not the guy you think is the worst QB, its the guy who gets way too much credit/money for what he brings to his franchise.

So.....its only fair we start with the QB position...I have fair idea who will win this one (and by some distance) but we might aswell throw the poll out there...just in case.

No need to comment, unless you want to....just vote. :cheers:

RoethlisBURGHer
05-24-2007, 01:35 PM
And who will that quarterback be?

The Sissinatti Bungals Carson Palmer?

As a QB that throws the ball,Palmer is the most overrated IMHO.

But I had to vote for Michael Vick.He's a piss-poor passer,just a glorified RB that throws the ball some.

MACH1
05-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Vince Young, The only thing keeping him alive is his legs. Kinda like Vick.

Crushzilla
05-24-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm supposed to say Carson Palmer, but it has to be Mike Vick...

Palmer's yard total has increased every year and, though he threw less touchdowns last year than in 2005, his TD/INT ratio isn't bad. 32/12 and 28/13. His completion rating has always been in the 60's.

Vick is just bad. Not only has the NFL failed as making him a poster child, but he's failed as a quarterback. Watching the Falcons offense is like watching Texas U in the Rose Bowl against USC. Any play turns into a QB option. He has only broke 2,500 passing yards once in his career and only played 4 or his 6 seasons because of health. His best season as a QB was probably 2002 when he threw 2,900some yards 16Td 8Int and a 55% pass rating. He may rush for almost 1,000 yards most of the time, but that's not his job. He is a quarterback. Its great that he can create a play when passing routes break down or coverage is tight downfield, but his legs are better than his arm. Cannon, but no finesse. I'm sick of explaining myself, he's the most overrated.

ChronoCross
05-24-2007, 01:53 PM
I went with Vick but Young is second. Young cannot throw the ball ether and yet people are putting him up on that high road like Vick. They both can run, and nether can pass worth a crap on a consistent basis.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-24-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm supposed to say Carson Palmer, but it has to be Mike Vick...

Palmer's yard total has increased every year and, though he threw less touchdowns last year than in 2005, his TD/INT ratio isn't bad. 32/12 and 28/13. His completion rating has always been in the 60's.

Vick is just bad. Not only has the NFL failed as making him a poster child, but he's failed as a quarterback. Watching the Falcons offense is like watching Texas U in the Rose Bowl against USC. Any play turns into a QB option. He has only broke 2,500 passing yards once in his career and only played 4 or his 6 seasons because of health. His best season as a QB was probably 2002 when he threw 2,900some yards 16Td 8Int and a 55% pass rating. He may rush for almost 1,000 yards most of the time, but that's not his job. He is a quarterback. Its great that he can create a play when passing routes break down or coverage is tight downfield, but his legs are better than his arm. Cannon, but no finesse. I'm sick of explaining myself, he's the most overrated.

Exactly....any QB can get 1,000 yards on the ground if their definition of "checkdown" means..."see if the TE is open...then run".

fansince'76
05-24-2007, 02:11 PM
I went with Carson Palmer on this one, as I consider Vick nothing more than a RB playing out of position.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-24-2007, 02:31 PM
With those options then no doubt it has to be Eli Manning.

verks36
05-24-2007, 03:16 PM
idk right now brett farve i think is overrated he throws so many ints

steelersfanmx
05-24-2007, 03:37 PM
idk right now brett farve i think is overrated he throws so many ints

IMHO I disagree.. Bret Favre is a good QB, he just had a bad season, no matter if you are a very talented Quarterback, if you play in a bad team u are not to win many games...that
was the case of 2006 Packers...

My choise would be.. Michael Vick,
a passer/runner remind me to Cordell Stewart, and i think these kind of QB's don't win to many SuperBowls...

rich4eagle
05-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Favre has been over the hill for five years and should retire..........Vick has never been an NFL QB .....ever..........Young cannot be overrated he has only one year under his belt............and has done the most important thing WIN......Eli Manning has never shown he is a winner either and to me he has proven nothing...........funny how wins and losses sometimes get lost in rating QB's..........

Like Quinn in college losing all the big games and going for a first and second round pick and nobody wanting Smith who won every big game except one in which he was the starter

revefsreleets
05-24-2007, 05:22 PM
I think Young is too green to know if he's as good as hyped, and he played okay last year. I have to go with Vick. Every year he says that this will be the year he matures and carries the team and wins games and stays out of trouble and all that and every year he puts up worse numbers and gets in more trouble.

Elvis
05-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Favre has been over the hill for five years and should retire..........Vick has never been an NFL QB .....ever..........Young cannot be overrated he has only one year under his belt............and has done the most important thing WIN......Eli Manning has never shown he is a winner either and to me he has proven nothing...........funny how wins and losses sometimes get lost in rating QB's..........

Like Quinn in college losing all the big games and going for a first and second round pick and nobody wanting Smith who won every big game except one in which he was the starter
:blah::blah::blah:
little richie... if the Eagles had half the QB that Favre is they wouldnt be sitting home every year during the super bowl... you have got to be kidding... I would still take Brett Favre over your QB McNabb any day... Vick is definitely the most overrated in that list ....
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

83-Steelers-43
05-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Ron Mexico hands down. I have NEVER seen a QB get this much attention/excuse making by every media outlet in this country for accomplishing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

PisnNapalm
05-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Without a doubt it's Vick. I don't even think he is as talented as Kordell was.

tony hipchest
05-24-2007, 10:24 PM
:blah::blah::blah:
little richie... if the Eagles had half the QB that Favre is they wouldnt be sitting home every year during the super bowl... you have got to be kidding... I would still take Brett Favre over your QB McNabb any day... Vick is definitely the most overrated in that list ....
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

:smile:

do we even know if "rich4eagle" is an eaglesfan? regardless, mcnabb wasnt even an option in the poll.

NV STEELERS 723
05-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Without a doubt it's Vick. I don't even think he is as talented as Kordell was.

Yes!! its Vick I will train your Dog.... I have Never liked this punk....Kordell at least took the STEELERS to 2 AFC's....