PDA

View Full Version : The Return of SEGA Football 2K series!!

Hammer67
05-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Well, it's called Pro Football. Because of the absolutely insane idea to award EA the only NFL license for gaming. Madden has become sub par...a yearly roster update for $50.

The 360 games, so far have been disappointments. I hope the new Sega game is moddable to get the actual teams and rosters. I still play NFL 2k5 for the Xbox over Madden 07 for the 360 because it plays so much better.

Here's hoping!!!:jammin:

pittsburghp8baller
05-25-2007, 07:18 PM
well the game wont have any of the rosters. ea sports still holds the rights to it so legally SEGA cant. instead they will have all-time/hall-of-famer teams. with only retired players making up the rosters. i dont know how exactly that will work or if even the guy that told me is right about it. but anyways if this game is a hit; then ea sports should watch out their contract with the nfl is up after this year.

boLT fan
05-25-2007, 07:27 PM
well the game wont have any of the rosters. ea sports still holds the rights to it so legally SEGA cant. instead they will have all-time/hall-of-famer teams. with only retired players making up the rosters. i dont know how exactly that will work or if even the guy that told me is right about it. but anyways if this game is a hit; then ea sports should watch out their contract with the nfl is up after this year.

Is the contract really up after this year? YAYYAYAYAYYAYAYA

C'mon, NFL, do the right thing and don't renew it.

pittsburghp8baller
05-25-2007, 07:36 PM
im pretty sure thats what ive heard

meanjoecoop
05-25-2007, 09:43 PM
It was a 5 year contract starting with Madden 05, so Madden 09 should be the last under this contract. I agree with you about 2K5. I picked up a used copy at GameStop for $1. I havent played Madden since! (plus I still like having "the Bus" on the roster) I have high hopes for this new 2K game.

Hammer67
05-26-2007, 11:30 PM
I download updated rosters and play.

I am sure Sega will make their rosters very moddable and allow for player names to be changed. Some nerd online will do the entire roster. I heard they are keeping the NFL teams and cities.

lilyoder6
05-27-2007, 09:42 PM
i think madden is good enough.. i like evrything about madden.. i am kinda of upset how they changed the controls on the next gen systems but ohter than that i love it. but i guess that's my opion..

pittsburghp8baller
05-27-2007, 09:51 PM
i think madden is good enough.. i like evrything about madden.. i am kinda of upset how they changed the controls on the next gen systems but ohter than that i love it. but i guess that's my opion..

yea ive always liked madden and as long as their is a madden i will continue to play madden

vader29
05-28-2007, 08:11 PM
I wish they would get rid of the radio announcer in Madden and go back with the tv announcers, the presentation is just terrible. Hopefully Sega will do well and put pressure on the Madden team to work harder on next years version.

Hammer67
05-30-2007, 11:01 AM
I wish they would get rid of the radio announcer in Madden and go back with the tv announcers, the presentation is just terrible. Hopefully Sega will do well and put pressure on the Madden team to work harder on next years version.

I agree...although John Madden hasn't recorded new audio material since the 90's games! :toofunny:

ShutDown24
06-06-2007, 01:55 PM
I heard about that... The fact they might use retired players is cool... I think that the absence of Maddens "90 percent of the game if half mental" or "The team that scores the most points ussually wins" might not be a bad thing... Another good one... "Mike Vick loved playing tag when he was a kid, because he was never it"

Allstar
06-10-2007, 08:02 PM
I saw the trailer for this game the other day and was not real impressed. I will still get it because I loved the old 2k series of football. However it just is not the same without the nfl license. It should be a fun diversion though.

Tankus_Maximus
06-11-2007, 11:12 AM
I saw the trailer for this game the other day and was not real impressed. I will still get it because I loved the old 2k series of football. However it just is not the same without the nfl license. It should be a fun diversion though.

I too continue to play 2k5 over any recent incarnation of Madden.

Here's hoping!!

ChronoCross
06-11-2007, 10:26 PM
I hope they do something. After I got the updated roster and stuff for 2007, had serious troubles catching balls with the steelers..

pEktaS
06-12-2007, 06:24 PM
i duno i do agree sega made a better football game but for me ill still buy madden cause they are both full price that was one huge thing that the 2k series had was that it was only 20 bucks

for some stupid reason i need the screen to say roethlisberger or parker or ward so on and so forth

i know its dumb but unless they release it at 20 bucks ill be with madden

lilyoder6
06-12-2007, 06:30 PM
i like the 2k series for basketball i mean it's alright.. but madden is too good i think.. oh well

Hammer67
06-12-2007, 09:33 PM
i duno i do agree sega made a better football game but for me ill still buy madden cause they are both full price that was one huge thing that the 2k series had was that it was only 20 bucks

for some stupid reason i need the screen to say roethlisberger or parker or ward so on and so forth

i know its dumb but unless they release it at 20 bucks ill be with madden

I am with you...I even download the rosters with all the names so I can hear the announcers say "Pozluszny" in NCAA football!

Mistah_Q
06-23-2007, 12:11 AM
I agree...although John Madden hasn't recorded new audio material since the 90's games! :toofunny:Hey hey hey, heck of a play! :sofunny:

vader29
06-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Check out All-Pro Football 2K8 Gameplay Movie 3 on gamespots site, it shows Rod Woodson in the coin toss playing for a team called the Maulers. :smile:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/allprofootball2k8/media.html?tag=tabs;videos

Lot's of former Steelers are in this game: Rod Woodson, Neil O'Donnell, Barry Foster, Merril Hoge, Yancy Thigpen, Bubby Brister, Eric Green, Dermontti Dawson, L.C. Greenwood, Jack Lambert, Chuck Noll and Greg Lloyd.

I'm starting to really look forward to this game now after seeing some gameplay videos.

ShutDown24
07-18-2007, 10:54 PM
HAS ANYONE GOT THIS YET? This game is incredible! The funnest football game I have EVER played by far! Spent like six straight hours on it today... GREAT game, I would recommend buying it HIGHLY.

Hammer67
07-19-2007, 01:26 PM
HAS ANYONE GOT THIS YET? This game is incredible! The funnest football game I have EVER played by far! Spent like six straight hours on it today... GREAT game, I would recommend buying it HIGHLY.

QUESTION!!!

Can you edit rosters and team names to real life NFL teams?

Will the announcers call them by name (Like in NCAA if you add Pozluszny to PSU, they will say Poz's name)?

Jman
07-19-2007, 01:54 PM
I think the 2K series is a quality game. I don't know if I like it or Madden better though. I do like the fact that Madden has the names of players and teams. I like the franchise mode, and frankly, in Madden, it's lame. We'll see how this turns out. Seems as though a lot of people are disappointed with Madden in the past few years.

P.S. - Maybe Pat Summerall needs to kick Al out... Haha. j/k

Hammer67
07-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Al breathed life into the series at first as Summerall was getting downright boring. Madden has been the same game, essentially since 1998. It has basically been roster and graphics updates. No gameplay updates and presentation has taken a step back, actually. Madden 07 was crappy on the 360. NFL 2k5 remains the crowning achievment in terms of modern football games, IMO. The presentation is unmatched. look what they did with the ESPN license in their first year with it compared to EA's, what, 3rd year? You would barely know ESPN had any involvement.

Madden has become stagnent with only wierd new features like superstar mode or what have you. How about just give us more of a TV quality presentation? UTILIZE THE ESPN LICENSE!!!!!

Where is Berman and the NFL Primetime crew??!?!!!

ShutDown24
07-19-2007, 08:27 PM
You can create players so you could add atleast 11 real players... and there are no pre-set teams, you simply make your own. Uniform, stadium, city, name, roster everything... I have Johnny Unitas with Yancy Thigpen, Christian Akoye and Meril Hoge as my offense... Rod Woodson, Soloman Wilcots, Chuck Noll and Mike Golic make up most of my D... The game just brings back fun to football video games. Madden has been boring the past few years and this is a great change. I would much rather have this game than Madden this year... Leagues and tournaments are built right into the games menus... Really just exciting once you get used to the gameplay and knowing your way around the interface.

Jman
07-19-2007, 08:37 PM
I was only joking about Pat coming back onto the video game scene. Al is refreshing in the game.

I agree, Madden's lack of changing things up is disappointing. On the PS2, its decent - perhaps its just because I like the PS2 system.

BettisFan
08-07-2007, 03:42 PM
is this for ps3?