PDA

View Full Version : Duce to have carries in week 1.

JerseySTEEL
09-07-2005, 12:08 AM
Bill said in tonights press conference , Duce will have a couple of a carries to get him warmed up for a week 3 start.

Koopa
09-07-2005, 12:11 AM
aww hell, already know he's going to start even if willie does all badass, oh well might as use him since they are paying him a shitload, hopefully it'll just make willie more hungry and prove that he can be our starter for the rest of the season and his career, lol.

Black-n-Gold
09-07-2005, 12:20 AM
They'll probably throw Duce in for the short yards, I'd be great to see him healthy.

figg
09-07-2005, 12:25 AM
I guess you misunderstood what he said. He said Duce was questionable and that Joey was ahead of him as far as health.

Q: How did Joey and Duce look yesterday?
Joey is certainly further along than Duce is. He took part in a full practice and we?ll evaluate him further as the week goes. He is definitely higher than Duce is at this point with them both being listed as questionable. Joey has a much better chance of playing than Duce. We?ll assess Duce as the week goes on.

http://steelers.scout.com/2/434589.html

I.C. Lights
09-07-2005, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I think it's best not to expect too much from Duce... :redface:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Remember this.. Duce is no slouch..he was our leading rusher till he got hurt. The guy is a beast when he carries the ball and runs as hard as Jerome and can carry tacklers for extra yardage.

Willie is going to get his chances to shine, but when Duce is ready, he'll strut his stuff too.

figg
09-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Remember this.. Duce is no slouch..he was our leading rusher till he got hurt. The guy is a beast when he carries the ball and runs as hard as Jerome and can carry tacklers for extra yardage.

Willie is going to get his chances to shine, but when Duce is ready, he'll strut his stuff too.

I love Duce as a player. He was awesome last year until he got hurt. Hopefully he comes back at 100%.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2005, 12:56 AM
If / when we get all of our backs healthy.. Oh man, I can't imagine having to game plan for our running game now, but when we have a full compliment of backs again.. LOOK OUT !!

JerseySTEEL
09-07-2005, 01:26 AM
Not saying a bunch fo carrys only a couple to get him warmed up, i have team pass and saw the video, bill used the words"Willie is the starter and haynes will back him up but, ideally duce at one point can get in the game and get a couple of carries since he hasn't played in ahwile.".So no misunderstanding him since i watched the video ;).

Blitzburgh55
09-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Just let wille play he will do better than duce

STEELERDYNASTY
09-07-2005, 01:13 PM
I hope Willie comes in and leaves NO DOUBT about the future of RB position in the Steel City....we will have the best depth at the position in the NFL!

Duce and Bussy rested up and heathy for the stretch run.....=SCARY!

figg
09-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Not saying a bunch fo carrys only a couple to get him warmed up, i have team pass and saw the video, bill used the words"Willie is the starter and haynes will back him up but, ideally duce at one point can get in the game and get a couple of carries since he hasn't played in ahwile.".So no misunderstanding him since i watched the video ;).

Actually he said this lol

Q: If Duce and Joey don?t play, how do you feel about their replacements?
And maybe was it good in preseason that you got a chance to play them. I don?t think there?s any question. Whether Duce plays or not, Willie (Parker) is going to start. And Verron (Haynes) is going to be a part of it. Ideally, we?d like to get him some repetition. He hasn?t played for a long time. Joey has played some in this camp, more than Duce, but whether he comes back and plays, James Harrison is still going to play a lot of football. And I feel very good about James. I think you look at James Harrison and Willie Parker, I think it was good. Willie didn?t get a lot of reps, but he?s been here, he?s a second-year guy. I feel pretty good about him. But certainly when James Harrison has stepped in, he?s played at a very high level.

Steel - X
09-07-2005, 01:53 PM
So we are all confused. So basically what you guys are saying is that Willie is going to start and Vernon is going to back up while Duce may see some action if he can.

rowedf
09-07-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm pretty sure if Willie comes out and has two 100 yard games and plays very well, he isnt coming out of the lineup. Cowher already has a liking for this guy, if he runs well, blocks well (which definetly is his poision) then I don't see Cowher pulling him, period.

JerseySTEEL
09-07-2005, 02:38 PM
So we are all confused. So basically what you guys are saying is that Willie is going to start and Vernon is going to back up while Duce may see some action if he can.

yes that is what iam saying X, i have team pass and watched the video unlike Figg who has a quote form a press box person. i rly whish i could copy the video but i dotn feel like getting sued."Willie is the starter and haynes will back him up but, ideally duce at one point can get in the game and get a couple of carries since he hasn't played in ahwile.".but as i dont want to fight over this we will see on sunday.

Steel - X
09-07-2005, 02:38 PM
If Willie is cracked up to all the hype he is getting this would be great for us. I am sure he already knows what a couple of good starts can do for him $$. With the status of the bus (retire) and Staley (injury prone) this has all the makings of another great back in the burgh.

Black-n-Gold
09-07-2005, 02:39 PM
It's possible, not too many thought Roethlisberger was going to be ready to handle the starting job until Maddox's injury let him prove himself.

Steel - X
09-07-2005, 02:40 PM
yes that is what iam saying X, i have team pass and watched the video unlike Figg who has a quote form a press box person. i rly whish i could copy the video but i dotn feel like getting sued."Willie is the starter and haynes will back him up but, ideally duce at one point can get in the game and get a couple of carries since he hasn't played in ahwile.".but as i dont want to fight over this we will see on sunday.

:boxing: This could be fun though Jersey!!! :grin: Good info Good info appreciate it, keep up the good work.

Da Boot
09-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Thats interesting. I listened to the press conference too and didnt hear anything about that, maybe I missed something. Either way I would be real surprised if Duce touched the ball at all unless he is almost 100% healthy or Willie or Veron (knock on wood) get hurt.

figg
09-07-2005, 02:45 PM

Actually I watched the press confrence on FSP at 11:30 last night. :rolleyes:
And he said word for word what I pasted. Ideally, we?d like to get him some repetition. He hasn?t played for a long time. The guy hasnt even gone through a full practice, missed all of camp, and didnt play one snap of preseason.

I.C. Lights
09-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Isn't this a moot point anyway? DaBoot seems right that regardless of what's being said now, the chances of Duce touching the ball on game day have to be low if he's not 99.9% by then. I'm sorry for criticizing Duce, and I hate to say it, but I'm just not convinced. I know he was leading the team in rushing at some point last year, but isn't he supposed to be? He's the number one guy in his position. Doesn't that demand a little more durability? This is like K. Bell all over again, but in a more vital position... Oh well, I really hope my suspicions are wrong and he's healthy for the playoffs this year. I guess that's all we really need.

clevestinks
09-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Just so Cowher does the right thing. If Willie Parker plays well, then let him have the ball. He competed day in and day out . All training camp.

atlsteelers
09-07-2005, 09:29 PM
this is how i am hoping things shake out - fast willie - tears up out of the gate -cowher long has a history of benching starteres when the return from injuries ie maddox and chad scott last year. willies is our number one back - staley if he ever is healthy the third down back - bettis short yardage - veron - sorry buddy - special teamer

I.C. Lights
09-07-2005, 09:54 PM
That sounds good to me. Although, I'd give Veron a little more love.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Isn't this a moot point anyway? DaBoot seems right that regardless of what's being said now, the chances of Duce touching the ball on game day have to be low if he's not 99.9% by then. I'm sorry for criticizing Duce, and I hate to say it, but I'm just not convinced. I know he was leading the team in rushing at some point last year, but isn't he supposed to be? He's the number one guy in his position. Doesn't that demand a little more durability? This is like K. Bell all over again, but in a more vital position... Oh well, I really hope my suspicions are wrong and he's healthy for the playoffs this year. I guess that's all we really need.

Yes you are right, we brought him here to be the main guy, and when he's healthy he can defiantely do it, he's proven that. Problem w/ him is we know he had a history of some injuries when we brought him here, but the contract he has is very cap friendly, and we always have a good stable of RB's to help pick up the slack if / when he goes down.

So we'll see, I just wanna him back out there and kickin ass for us. He and Willie would make a great duo!

I.C. Lights
09-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Those are damn good points - we can't say we didn't know what we were getting into. I'm feeling much better about this situation. Hopefully much much better in a couple days!

figg
09-09-2005, 02:16 AM
Jersey- Just wondering if you saw Cowhers post practice comments on team pass? Duce was downgraded from questionable to doubtful :thmbup:

JerseySTEEL
09-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Jersey- Just wondering if you saw Cowhers post practice comments on team pass? Duce was downgraded from questionable to doubtful :thmbup:
ya i have, but how does that change cowher saying he might get carries on the 6th, oh ya it doesnt. ;) since i cant read the future i didnt know cowher would change his mind :cool: .

figg
09-09-2005, 04:23 PM
ya i have, but how does that change cowher saying he might get carries on the 6th, oh ya it doesnt. ;) since i cant read the future i didnt know cowher would change his mind :cool: .

Him being questionable to begin with was a smoke screen. Reporters for the Steelers said as much. You should replay your team pass press confrence im positive Cowher didnt say Duce definitly is going to get carries. He said "Ideally, we?d like to get him some repetition."

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2005, 05:20 PM
he's downgraded to doubtful now, so unless its an emergency, he'll wont be carrying anything but a cup of gatorade this sunday.

Suitanim
09-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Why play him and risk re-injuring himself? That's just silly. I wouldn't play him until the Pats game and only then if we are really suffering in the run game...better to give him an extra weeks rest through the bye week and see if we can't keep him healthy for the rest of the season + playoffs...

JerseySTEEL
09-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Him being questionable to begin with was a smoke screen. Reporters for the Steelers said as much. You should replay your team pass press confrence im positive Cowher didnt say Duce definitly is going to get carries. He said "Ideally, we?d like to get him some repetition."

wow u are thick man i never said definitly lol and u used the same word i used "Ideally". lol.so i dotn knoe what u are talking about lol.u should try to stop talking and read ;).

figg
09-09-2005, 07:14 PM
wow u are thick man i never said definitly lol and u used the same word i used "Ideally". lol.so i dotn knoe what u are talking about lol.u should try to stop talking and read ;).

:point: "Duce to have carries in week 1"

I didnt use that word, Cowher did thats my point. You obviously misunderstood what he said :busted: Im not the only one in this thread saying it :checkit:

JerseySTEEL
09-10-2005, 01:34 AM

it's called a title its suppose to grab attention. and by your last statement u really are thick headed lol. bc i a gave the exact quote from bill lol and then u repost the same thing i posted that bill said. and if anyone misread anything it looks as if u have misread just about everything in this thread lol. oh and as aim not 10 year old i wont put smileys on post.

ok and lets break it down .u tired to say he never even said anything close to my qoute by saying bill only said.

guess you misunderstood what he said. He said Duce was questionable and that Joey was ahead of him as far as health.

Q: How did Joey and Duce look yesterday?
Joey is certainly further along than Duce is. He took part in a full practice and we?ll evaluate him further as the week goes. He is definitely higher than Duce is at this point with them both being listed as questionable. Joey has a much better chance of playing than Duce. We?ll assess Duce as the week goes on.

Then u try and change again what u think he said.

Actually he said this lol

Q: If Duce and Joey don?t play, how do you feel about their replacements?
And maybe was it good in preseason that you got a chance to play them. I don?t think there?s any question. Whether Duce plays or not, Willie (Parker) is going to start. And Verron (Haynes) is going to be a part of it. Ideally, we?d like to get him some repetition. He hasn?t played for a long time. Joey has played some in this camp, more than Duce, but whether he comes back and plays, James Harrison is still going to play a lot of football. And I feel very good about James. I think you look at James Harrison and Willie Parker, I think it was good. Willie didn?t get a lot of reps, but he?s been here, he?s a second-year guy. I feel pretty good about him. But certainly when James Harrison has stepped in, he?s played at a very high level.

then after i said i have teampass u come up with saying u saw it on tv after not saying it for 2-4 post.

Actually I watched the press confrence on FSP at 11:30 last night.
And he said word for word what I pasted. Ideally, we?d like to get him some repetition. He hasn?t played for a long time. The guy hasnt even gone through a full practice, missed all of camp, and didnt play one snap of preseason.

Then u state i used the word "definitly"which i never said .

so i have no idea how u even know what your talking about after changed your story what 4 times lol.

figg
09-10-2005, 02:19 AM
[QUOTE=JerseySTEEL]it's called a title its suppose to grab attention.Then your first post was- Bill said in tonights press conference , Duce will have a couple of a carries to get him warmed up for a week 3 start. and by your last statement u really are thick headed lol. bc i a gave the exact quote from bill lol and then u repost the same thing i posted that bill said. and if anyone misread anything it looks as if u have misread just about everything in this thread lol. oh and as aim not 10 year old i wont put smileys on post. It's not the same thing-read it again. You said Cowher said this-"ideally duce at one point can get in the game and get a couple of carries since he hasn't played in ahwile.". When he really said this-Ideally, we?d like to get him some repetition. He hasn?t played for a long time. (Practice come to mind at all?) He still hasnt gone through a full practice :tap: . Your right you dont use smilies, but you use the word lol after evry sentence
ok and lets break it down .u tired to say he never even said anything close to my qoute by saying bill only said. You messed up his quote to try and make it look like you had a scoop with your team pass :rolleyes: Then u try and change again what u think he said. I took the wrong quote from his press confrence whoops :rolleyes:. lol You changed your scoop once I said you misunderstood.
1st you said- Bill said in tonights press conference , Duce will have a couple of a carries to get him warmed up for a week 3 start. Then you said-ideally duce at one point can get in the game and get a couple of carries since he hasn't played in ahwilethen-but as i dont want to fight over this we will see on sunday. Good thing we dont have to wait until Sunday lol.

then after i said i have teampass u come up with saying u saw it on tv after not saying it for 2-4 post. I used that link as a refrence. I read every press confrence transcript and watch it on FSP :rolleyes:
Then u state i used the word "definitly"which i never said. This means definitly- Bill said in tonights press conference , Duce will have a couple of a carries to get him warmed up for a week 3 start. "Will Have" He did? I never heard him mention week 3 either LMFAO!
so i have no idea how u even know what your talking about after changed your story what 4 times lol. Like I said I never changed my story unlike you MR team pass lol I took the wrong quote from him and watched the press confrence on FSP. As far as the smoke screen- if you listen to the Steelers shows or Savaran thats what they were saying

JerseySTEEL
09-10-2005, 02:35 AM
Nice job with the blue text really made your statement anyless true lol.its great how u try to flip what i said about u changing your story on me great one.its funny how u never mentioned u posting the wrong qoute before convent huh hehe, and still doesn't change i never said "definitly" so nice try and hope u have better luck in the future :cool:.

figg
09-10-2005, 02:41 AM
Nice job with the blue text really made your statement anyless true lol.its great how u try to flip what i said about u changing your story on me great one.its funny how u never mentioned u posting the wrong qoute before convent huh hehe, and still doesn't change i never said "definitly" so nice try and hope u have better luck in the future :cool:.

He will means what? You could have said he might, he could, or it's possible :smile:
I wrote this is what he acually said. I took the wrong quote about Duce. whoops. On that note im done with this thread. I'll just consider it as a misundersatanding :wink:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Why play him and risk re-injuring himself? That's just silly. I wouldn't play him until the Pats game and only then if we are really suffering in the run game...better to give him an extra weeks rest through the bye week and see if we can't keep him healthy for the rest of the season + playoffs...

Yeah thats the main thing..if he rushes back and makes it worse, he'll end up missing half the season like last year. See once again, I hate early bye weeks, but they always seem to come in handy for us!!

And as for the rest of you, RELAX, misunderstandings happen!!! :grin: