PDA

View Full Version : Who Has The Coolest Helmets?

Elvis
05-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Now, I am a Steelers fan all the way and there will Never be anyone else as far as I am concerned. But who has the coolest looking helmet out there to you?
I think with the realistics of the Redskins of the indian on their helmets they have to be one of my favorites.
:tt02::wave:

Livinginthe past
05-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Helmets I like :

Steelers
Patriots
Cowboys
Saints
49ers
Raiders
Texans

Helmets I dislike :

Jets
Panthers
Bengals
Browns
Jags
Giants
Bucs
Titans

SteelCityMan786
05-28-2007, 10:59 AM
The Bengals one looks boring for sure.

FastWillieParker39
05-28-2007, 11:39 AM
I really like the Seahawks helmet for some reason.

fansince'76
05-28-2007, 12:05 PM
I've always liked the Rams' helmet style.

Jeremy
05-28-2007, 12:17 PM
NFL: Has to be the old school Oilers.

College: Arizona State

rbryan
05-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks to that pic, Arizona State is now my favorite. Nothing like a little girl on girl action to get your attention.

ben2hines=6
05-28-2007, 02:39 PM
buffalo's helmet during a monday night football game......the helmet just shines

boLT fan
05-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Giants

I like how it's metallic.

pittsburgh$teelersfan
05-28-2007, 02:48 PM
raiders

Newzfoxjr
05-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Eagles and Saints.

LambertIsGod58
05-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Steelers and early '80s Buffalo Bills.

Elvis
05-28-2007, 04:29 PM
NFL: Has to be the old school Oilers.

College: Arizona State
:wave: I like the choice of the Old Oilers also....
But I just wonder how the mods are gonna let this girl on girl avatar go by when I cant have my avatar choice....:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jaw drop::jawdrop:

Jeremy
05-28-2007, 06:37 PM
But I just wonder how the mods are gonna let this girl on girl avatar go by when I cant have my avatar choice....:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jaw drop::jawdrop:

Maybe they took the day off and will slap me around tomorrow. Or maybe you should have been allowed to keep yours.

Who knows.

The Duke
05-28-2007, 06:46 PM
I like the chargers. love the lightning

Jeremy
05-28-2007, 07:07 PM

Just for you I have removed the avatar pic. :)

TX Steel
05-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Aside from the Steelers, who not only have the best helmets but also the best uniforms (block numbers or otherwise!)...

I like the Raiders,
throwback Chargers,
Giants,
Bears,
Saints,
Bucs,
& Niners.

verks36
05-28-2007, 09:00 PM
I think the best helmet is the old school broncos helmet
http://www.sportslandusa.com/images/elway-helmet-broncos-replica-oldstyle-thumb.jpg

Crushzilla
05-28-2007, 11:15 PM
I like the old school Falcons with the huge wingspan and the old school Pats with the center.

Current... I like the Buccaneers, but their old one's were sweet too

Just for you I have removed the avatar pic. :)

Sure, wedo is happy, but the rest of us are pissed... :wink02: just playin

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-29-2007, 07:39 AM
chargers

Buzz05
05-29-2007, 08:14 AM
I gotta go with the old school Pats helmets. If I remember correctly the guy had a nickname, but he was def. the coolest on the helmets. Old School Chargers are sweet as well.

Livinginthe past
05-29-2007, 08:29 AM
I gotta go with the old school Pats helmets. If I remember correctly the guy had a nickname, but he was def. the coolest on the helmets. Old School Chargers are sweet as well.

His name was Pat Patriot - not exactly inspired is it? LOL :toofunny:

Cool design though.

Stlrs4Life
05-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Steelers
Patriots
Bills
Chiefs

SteelShooter
05-29-2007, 09:14 PM
I read an article last year sometime that discussed this very same topic.

It bagged on the Teams with just an animal head on it (Jags, Panthers, etc...)

But the author (whose name I forget) went to bat with for simplicity and symbolism. His favorite of all the Teams were the Steelers and the Cowboys (blech!).

It was actually a fairly well written (and cool) article and went pretty in-depth, mentioning each Team somewhere along the course of the story.

My favorites? Steelers above all else. I love the color combination and, as the article stated, the simplicity and symbolism.

I also liked the old Oilers helmets but had a definite distaste for the powder blue (they called it "Columbia Blue").

Elvis
06-02-2007, 01:33 PM
To Jeremy and everyone else...
I am truly sorry about complaining about the avatar you had and I hope that you can put it back up if you wish. I was just having a bad day and was taking it out on you... I am truly sorry....
God Bless
Elvis

HometownGal
06-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Chargers. I love those lightning bolts! :smile:

tony hipchest
06-02-2007, 11:03 PM
of course its the steelers. one of the most simple and old school designs is the 1 of 32 that incorporates the most colors- black, yellow, white, blue, red.

other than that, probably the cardinals. the old school look of the colts is cool, and while their logos suck the giants and the 49ers have the coolest color (folowed by the raiders) other than the flat black of the steelers.

as a kid i liked the eagles, dolphins, chargers, and creamscicle buccaneers.

so cardinals, and giants would be my favorite non steelers.

SteelersMongol
06-03-2007, 06:11 AM
I like the STEELERS' best. Not just a helmet, the whole uniform thing is just cool and well matched. It was one of the reasons that I started liking the Steelers back in the days when I didn't even know a s#*t about football.

Second I say the Redskins and the Eagles have cool helmets.

The ones I dislike, it would be the Clowns and the Cowboys. Because I think their helmets look boring.

silver & black
06-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Why, the Raiders of course!:flap:

Not just the coolest hemet, but the best uni in all of pro sports. Simple, classic, timeless.

Don't get all riled up Steelers fans... I think the Steelers unis are one of the best also. :cheers:

tony hipchest
06-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Why, the Raiders of course!:flap:

Not just the coolest hemet, but the best uni in all of pro sports. Simple, classic, timeless.

Don't get all riled up Steelers fans... I think the Steelers unis are one of the best also. :cheers:the coolest thing about the raiders uniforms is that they were EXACTLY the same color in the days of "black and white" tv.:yawn:

Simple, classic, timeless may be great "for those who like to watch "leave it to beaver" and "lassie" on tv, but i'll still take most other teams who live in the age of plasma and dvd. (the silver helmets are cool though):wink02:

silver & black
06-03-2007, 06:24 PM
the coolest thing about the raiders uniforms is that they were EXACTLY the same color in the days of "black and white" tv.:yawn:

Simple, classic, timeless may be great "for those who like to watch "leave it to beaver" and "lassie" on tv, but i'll still take most other teams who live in the age of plasma and dvd. (the silver helmets are cool though):wink02:

Don't forget, the Steelers unis looked the same on black and white TV too. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
06-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Don't forget, the Steelers unis looked the same on black and white TV too. :sofunny:lol. no. actually the steelers uniforms looked like black and white and different shades of gray. (kinda like the raiders unis')

vasteeler
06-04-2007, 11:51 AM
best steelers, raiders, patriots
worst bengals(old & new),bears,vikings

silver & black
06-04-2007, 03:35 PM
best steelers, raiders, patriots
worst bengals(old & new),bears,vikings

I agree with you on the Bengals, but I always liked the Bears' and Vikings' unis. I think the Vikings have one of the best unis out there, and one of the best helmets.

My favorite helmets are the Raiders, Steelers and Vikings... including unis. I have to admit that I like the Bucs helmets too... it irritates me that they had to rip off the Raiders' pirate theme though.

atrus20
06-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Favorite non-Steeler helmets: Bills, Seahawks, Rams, Chiefs

Non-fav helmets: Lions, Packers, Browns

revefsreleets
06-04-2007, 09:03 PM
I've always liked the simplicity of the Cards:

http://www.onlinesports.com/images/rid-41402-22.jpg

steelersfanmx
06-04-2007, 09:46 PM
My top 5:

1. Steelers. (OF COURSE) Love the black color, love the insignia, love the yellow stripe,
and I love is the only NFL helmet that show one sided logo... really cool!
I just LOVE IT!!!
2. Chicago bears: I like the combination of color, Blue/orange.. and I like the logo too..
3. Seattle seahawks: I like the colors and the logo.. stylish.
4. Denver Broncos: I like the color combination, and the bronco looks really mean
5. St Luis Rams: blue and gold reminds me the colors of my University here in Mexico

WORST:
1. Dallas Cowboys
2. Cincinnati bengals
3. Cleveland Browns
4. Carolina Panthers
5. Houston Texans

Kermit
06-04-2007, 11:01 PM
In no specific order:

Favorites

Present
- Steelers
- Chargers (I really like the new metallic white helmets)
- Eagles
- Redskins
- Buccaneers
- Patriots
- Raiders
- Lions

Past
- Seahawks
- Broncos
- Oilers

Least Favorites

Present
- Bengals
- Ravens (The 'B' in their logo on the left side of their helmet is awful)
- Texans (Bland. Very bland)

Past
- Buccaneers

Big7BenHOF
06-11-2007, 01:39 AM
Giants and Saints.