PDA

View Full Version : new fight songs???

ben2hines=6
05-28-2007, 10:46 PM
so we finally won the "one for the thumb" so "here we go" is now officially no good.......the polomalu song came out two years ago and is undoubtably great but does anyone have any idea for a new fight song???

memphissteelergirl
05-29-2007, 10:24 AM
I like "Here We Go" personally, so I think they should keep....just re-work the lyrics.

stillers4me
05-29-2007, 10:51 AM
They re-did the lyrics last year........there was a contest where fans voted for the best version. They will have to change it a bit again, new coach, no Porter. No biggie.

steelpinstripe72
05-29-2007, 04:35 PM
I like the Pittsburgh Polka (which they did re-write for the 1995 season, so it could be redone) better than Here We Go. Or am I just that old?

onthebus36
05-29-2007, 05:49 PM
I like the Pittsburgh Polka (which they did re-write for the 1995 season, so it could be redone) better than Here We Go. Or am I just that old?

I'm with you. I like the Polka too. It just needs a major revamp.

I feel like "Here we go" has been changed so many times, it's lost a lot of it's original punch.

It's still a great song, but to me, it's a memento of the seasons leading up to XL just like the polka is a memento of the 70's teams.

ChronoCross
05-29-2007, 06:45 PM
there is a one for the thumb rap song. And there is over 100 steelers songs. so there is plenty of steeler music to be played until the new songs come this coming season.

SteelShooter
05-29-2007, 07:33 PM
I agree that it is reminiscent of SB XL...but I also enjoy how they change some of the player names to fit the newbies.
Although I believe that we need a new "Main" fight song. One that fits the new era that we have entered with a New HC, New O-Coord, etc...........I still hope there is an '07 version of Here We Go.