PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Care About Kobe Bryant?

Elvis
05-29-2007, 08:03 AM
This is the first time for me being in this section of Steelersfever....
Now, I am a longtime L.A. Lakers fan, but as of late I am starting to just think that the NBA is just a joke in my opinion. I have started to just get the feeling that I cant absolutely stand Kobe Bryant anymore. Who does this one guy wonder think that he really is? He Is No Michael Jordan that is for sure!! I just wanted to see what everyone or anyone else really thinks about Kobe saying that he either wants Jerry West back in LA as GM or he wants to be traded...
:tt02::wave:

rbryan
05-29-2007, 08:54 AM
It's not just you, Kobe Beef has rubbed even the most loyal Laker fan the wrong way with his latest outburst. I won't question his ability, he's still one of the top 5 players in the league, but he's just another example of a selfish athlete who thinks that he's bigger than the game and his team. Reminds me of a spoiled little kid. Maybe Kobe will just take his ball and go home.

memphissteelergirl
05-29-2007, 09:01 AM
It's not just you, Kobe Beef has rubbed even the most loyal Laker fan the wrong way with his latest outburst. I won't question his ability, he's still one of the top 5 players in the league, but he's just another example of a selfish athlete who thinks that he's bigger than the game and his team. Reminds me of a spoiled little kid. Maybe Kobe will just take his ball and go home.

Yep...pretty much sums Kobe up to me.

fansince'76
05-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Kobe: a microcosm of everything that's wrong with the NBA (and professional sports in general), and gets all the pub and adoration from the public for being a ball hog.

Tim Duncan: a microcosm of everything that's right with the NBA (and professional sports in general), but is ignored because he's "boring."

Elvis
05-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Kobe: a microcosm of everything that's wrong with the NBA (and professional sports in general), and gets all the pub and adoration from the public for being a ball hog.

Tim Duncan: a microcosm of everything that's right with the NBA (and professional sports in general), but is ignored because he's "boring."
That is sooooo true fansince76... sooooo true...

stlrtruck
05-30-2007, 02:56 PM
I can say only one thing to let you know how I feel about it...

Kobe who?

83-Steelers-43
05-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Personally, I really don't care if the guy get's hit by a mack truck going 70 mph.

Hines86Ward
05-30-2007, 07:40 PM
I used to be a big Kobe fan, but I've lost ALOT of respect for the guy since 04-05. If you wanna know why, read the book "The Last Season" by Phil Jackson. That book sheds a huge light on Kobe & the way he acts the way he does.....

If you wanna watch the way basketball should be played, watch guys like Tim Duncan, LeBron James, or Tracy McGrady.

PisnNapalm
05-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Umm... nope. It's safe to say that I don't give a rat's ass about Kobe.

LambertIsGod58
05-31-2007, 07:17 PM
The fact is that Kobe has such a rare talent that he has all the stroke in the world. And I don't blame him for making these demands. Simple fact is LA has a choice to make. Either get West or lose Kobe. LA's front office is a shadow of what it use to be. It's a joke. They don't get it. As far as Phil Jackson is concerned, he's making $10 mil a season for exiting the playoffs in the 1st round. I do agree that Kobe is no Jordan....that he'll never be.

MACH1
06-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Been a big fan of the lakers forever, there is a lot wrong with the team from top to bottom that needs fixing. As great of a player that kobe is he needs to go. He's the t.o. of the nba. IMO

RoethlisBURGHer
06-03-2007, 11:44 PM
The fact is that Kobe has such a rare talent that he has all the stroke in the world. And I don't blame him for making these demands. Simple fact is LA has a choice to make. Either get West or lose Kobe. LA's front office is a shadow of what it use to be. It's a joke. They don't get it. As far as Phil Jackson is concerned, he's making $10 mil a season for exiting the playoffs in the 1st round. I do agree that Kobe is no Jordan....that he'll never be.

It's not as easy as just "get West".The Logo has emphatically stated that he does not want to and will not return to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Kobe thinks he is the owner and the GM of that team,but he isn't.The only stroke this egomaniac has is where he can go in a trade due to his no-trade clause.

I for one would not want to see Kobe Bryant in my Cav's Wine and Gold.He wouldn't be happy playing second-fiddle to Lebron James.

fansince'76
06-04-2007, 01:25 AM
Kobe's biggest problem was that he broke in as an 18-year-old kid and never bothered to (or for that matter, had to) mature emotionally past that age. As amazingly gifted as he is as a player, he's just as much an immature, self-centered, whiny punk who is quite easy to dislike and next to impossible to sympathize with. Frankly, at this point I hope he never so much as sniffs the NBA Finals again in his career and if he doesn't, he'll deserve it. One thing I do find VERY surprising about this whole episode is how quiet Magic has been about it.

Preacher
06-04-2007, 03:37 AM
Kobe Bryant is learning a couple of new words...

LeBron James.

James is the future... Kobe is quickly becoming the past.

Crushzilla
06-04-2007, 07:01 AM
I don't blame Kobe as much as I blame everyone else for buckling to his demands over the years. He has the FO by the balls and they were the ones that let Kobe get a hold of them.