PDA

View Full Version : Lendale Who?

Edman
05-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Remember that "big back"many fans wanted the Steelers to take? The one with the questioned work ethic? The one who many said was out of shape? The one who fans said we would regret passing over? Check it out...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/10202087

Livinginthe past
05-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Yah a few red flags on that guy.

It looks like he might piss away a promising NFL career because he doesn't possess the basic self discipline required to actually work out and maintain the main tool of his trade.

This guy screams 'Bust' louder than than Pam Anderson.

SteelCityMan786
05-29-2007, 06:33 PM
wooooo hooooo! glad we didn't take him.

C-BusSteeler
05-29-2007, 06:58 PM
u would think that since hes been in reggies shadow he would maybe try to prove himself...

WWIIOwheelz
05-29-2007, 09:17 PM
The showing up badly overweight would upset me more than anything. Crap happens with flights, as I can sadly attest to, so I won't be too fast to throw him under the bus for that.

I saw a need for a big bruising back to compliment Willy also, but I never thought to question the Steelers' judgment on draft pics, because they are the best of the best in that regard, IMHO.

Crushzilla
05-30-2007, 02:57 AM
Hard to say what would have happened if he would have came here or anywhere else in the league.

Ultimately, I have to agree though. I don't think it would have done us or him much good if he would have landed in the 'Burgh. Especially considering Cowher's "won't play rookie" mentality. He comes from a high profile school. Probably spent his entire career being pampered and told how special he was. Then he has to sit behind the best RB to come out of college in years. If he had gone to any other college its probably safe to say he would have had a different attitude coming into the NFL. Hard to live in Reggie's shadow, I'd imagine.

For the best though...

Who knows which rookie it would have cost us if we reached for him. Probably would have lost the pick that landed us Anthony Smith. Maybe even Holmes if we reached...

Elvis
05-30-2007, 01:57 PM
I hate to say it, but I was one of those that wanted us to take Lendale in the 1st round. Sounds like the young man needs some guidence to me, just give the young guy a chance...
:tt02: