PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Timmons reports progress on injury recovery

83-Steelers-43
05-30-2007, 01:57 AM
Steelers' Timmons reports progress on injury recovery
By The Tribune-Review
Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A nagging groin injury continues to limit linebacker Lawrence Timmons on the practice field, but the Steelers' first-round pick says he's close to getting back to full strength.

"I know I'll be on the field soon, so I think I'll be just fine," Timmons said Tuesday after a voluntary practice at the team's South Side facility.

The outside linebacker injured his groin during the first day of minicamp a couple of weeks ago. Timmons said he "tweaked" it, and he hasn't participated in workouts during his first month with the team. Timmons said he and the Steelers have been cautious with the injury, so it doesn't hamper him later.

"I want to finish it now, so I don't have to worry about it during training camp or the season," Timmons said.

? Second-year running back John Kuhn also has been working at fullback to help the Steelers -- and his own cause.

"Coach (Mike Tomlin) said the more you can do, the better your chances are," Kuhn said of making the team, "and that's all I'm trying to do, open as many doors as I can."

The 6-foot, 255-pound Kuhn played in eight games for the Steelers last season, mostly on special teams. The former Shippensburg standout said he's been working on polishing his blocking technique.

"It's a little different than just going in and slamming your head into somebody," Kuhn said.

The Steelers only have two fullbacks on their roster -- Dan Kreider and undrafted free agent Aaron Robbins.

Digits

2 - Carries last year for Kuhn.

18 - Yards gained by Kuhn last year.

- By Scott Brown

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_510043.html

Crushzilla
05-30-2007, 03:06 AM
The outside linebacker injured his groin during the first day of minicamp a couple of weeks ago. Timmons said he "tweaked" it, and he hasn't participated in workouts during his first month with the team. Timmons said he and the Steelers have been cautious with the injury, so it doesn't hamper him later.

"I want to finish it now, so I don't have to worry about it during training camp or the season," Timmons said.

CRUCIAL. Glad to hear that the guy's health is in full perspective. Would hate to see him rush back and be a bust because of a dumb injury that wasn't properly looked over. Can't have guys rushing back and putting themselves in danger. I still know think it was moronic rushing Ben back. I don't think there will be any long term effects of with his injury, but there was no reason he should have been on the field. Especially since Batch has proven himself as a more than capable replacement.

Second-year running back John Kuhn also has been working at fullback to help the Steelers -- and his own cause.

Good to hear. Guys need to make themselves available to contribute in as many ways as possible.

(John Kuhn) The former Shippensburg standout
... and FUTURE Hall of Famer :flap:

Galax Steeler
05-30-2007, 05:17 AM
How long has kreider been in the leauge you would think kuhn would be the eventual replacement.

onthebus36
05-30-2007, 10:32 AM
I remember after the second Brown's game last year, the Cleveland paper was bemoaning the gashing they took on the ground. It said something like, "Even some guy named John Kuhn had two carries for 18 yards."

I like John. I hope he makes the team.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-30-2007, 12:15 PM
I like Kuhn too,but I could run on the Browns defense (and pass on it,and catch balls over the middle).

Elvis
05-30-2007, 01:43 PM
I like Kuhn too,but I could run on the Browns defense (and pass on it,and catch balls over the middle).
For sum reason I am doubting this coment or you wouldnt be in here writting in our forrum:wink02:
I for one love Kuhn and I would love to see him eventually replace Kreider at FB. He has some ability to run the ball and Kreider just isnt a threat much at all at his position. That would be nice to be able to slip in 3 or so runs a game out of our FB position..
:tt02::wave:

Edman
05-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Timmons should take his time. Don't rush back, or it will get worse. Make sure you are 100% healed. Groin Injuries are really naggy.

onthebus36
05-30-2007, 05:58 PM

No doubt.

All I'm saying is I like the guy and I wish him luck. I'm sure you agree.