I-Want-Troy's-Hair
05-30-2007, 09:45 PM
This guy just oozes class.... :dang:

http://www.wlwt.com/news/13407499/detail.html

Fraud Investigation Launched Against Bengal, Comedy Club
Police, Attorney General's Office Launch Separate Investigations

POSTED: 5:01 pm EDT May 29, 2007
UPDATED: 6:27 pm EDT May 29, 2007

NEWPORT, Ky. -- Bengals' receiver Chad Johnson is still in the hot seat over charges that he defrauded some of his most loyal fans who bought raffle tickets to win a car from him.

On Tuesday, the Commonwealth Attorney's office asked the Newport police to launch an investigation. At the same time, the Kentucky Attorney General's office confirmed that it has started looking into possible charges against Johnson and the Funny Bone comedy club in Newport.

"There are some people who need to be interviewed," said Commonwealth Attorney, Jack Porter. "And (we need to) make a determination whether or not state law was, in fact, violated."

Porter said that since the Commonwealth Attorney's office is not an investigative agency, the case was turned over to the Newport police.

The two investigations follow a lawsuit, claiming that Johnson and the Funny Bone failed to deliver on promised prizes, including a Lexus and trips to the Superbowl and Pro Bowl.

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Wow, no bengal will escape the news.

PisnNapalm
05-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Oh yeah... CJ's da man... What a goob.

fansince'76
05-30-2007, 10:04 PM
What scrub will the Bungles cut to try to save face on this one, I wonder?

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2007, 10:05 PM
What scrub will the Bungles cut to try to save face on this one, I wonder?

hmmm NO ONE!

fansince'76
05-30-2007, 10:07 PM
hmmm NO ONE!

Well, they kicked AJ Nicholson off the team after it was thought that Henry got popped on his piss test, so I was wondering who they were gonna cut for this one. It won't be mucho stinko, I guarantee you, but they have to make it look like they're cleaning up their act, don't they?

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Well, they kicked AJ Nicholson off the team after it was thought that Henry got popped on his piss test, so I was wondering who they were gonna cut for this one. It won't be mucho stinko, I guarantee you, but they have to make it look like they're cleaning up their act, don't they?

Maybe Rudi Johnson.

WWIIOwheelz
05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
I swear, it's like they are getting paid for face time in the news. It's sad.

83-Steelers-43
05-30-2007, 11:26 PM
CLASS.

What else is there to say that hasn't already been said when it comes to that 'organization'?

fansince'76
05-31-2007, 12:19 AM
CLASS.

What else is there to say that hasn't already been said when it comes to that 'organization'?

Two too many letters in that description, 83. I'll let you guess which two.

Edman
05-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Oh, no you guys got it all wrong! It's society's fault! The Bengal players are being picked on and profiled! The world is out to get them!

*Sarcasm button off*

No Bengal shall escape the news. The police just caught on to them.