PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Pennsylvania

man_or_superman
01-20-2005, 02:18 PM
What's everyone think about the snow set for Sunday?? Maybe it's just me, but I'm taking this as a sign of positivity for our boys.

1.) Snow means a ground game. We've got the #1 Rush Defense and the #2 Rush Offense (only thanks to Mike Vick's crazy horse legs).
2.) Is anyone REALLY frightened of Corey Dillon? Sure, he can always go off with a really nutty performance, but is he really any scarier with the Pats than he was with the Queen City Kitties??
3.) One word: karma. Brady and Vinatieri will pay for the Snow Bowl against Oakland.

Any thoughts?

ironcitychef
01-20-2005, 02:40 PM
I think the snow isn't that big of a factor, just because it is New England. I think they are familiar with the white stuff. If it does have an effect, I would look for it to slow down guys like Bethel Johnson on returns, or mean that Ted Bruschi can't be jumping, diving, etc at every ball across the middle.

man_or_superman
01-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Sure, it's New England and not the Colts (which would have just been too easy), but I still think I'd rather it be a ground oriented game than not. I think if nothing else, it will take a little more pressure off Ben, since he won't be expected to make a ton of plays. With the snow, it makes it much more of a traditional Steelers game, imho.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Just saw some stats about Dillon vs the Steelers, last nite on FSN. over his career he has an average of 57 yds per game rushing against us. Granted that was when he was with the bungals and they werent very good, but he still was a perennial 1000 yd back even then.

We know his running style, and if we play the way we've played defense all year. There's no reason we cant shut him down again. We've faced great backs all year, Curtis Martin, Jamal Lewis, Fred Taylor, Rudi Johnson, etc etc. And we shut them all down.

We can handle him, and if it snows it snows, bring it on..but I'd just easily rather it be clear and cold than snow so gripping the football for Ben won't be as much of an issue now that he isnt wearing gloves!

shevdog
01-21-2005, 03:06 AM
Snow? Cold?

Just bring it!!!

I will forever love Western Pa gridiron classic football games!

Battle hard and bring the burgh another Super Bowl Championship!

ironcitychef
01-21-2005, 04:16 AM
How well does LeBeau know Dillon?;)

14THUMB
01-21-2005, 07:58 AM
LE BEAU HAS TO KNOW HIM BETTER THAN ANY STEELER. WITH HIS MASTERMIND HE WILL SHUT HIM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

ironcitychef
01-22-2005, 02:26 AM
Look for Smith, Hoke, VonOelhoffen to plug up the line and make enough plays to free up our LBs. Just wanna hear Porter say, "WHO RIDE??? WE RIDE!!!! WHO RIDE??? WE RIDE!!!".

BigBenLover16
01-22-2005, 02:28 AM
they are not going to let the cold and the snow slow them down......they are going to just care about not making any big mistakes, or having way too many turnovers in the game