PDA

View Full Version : Porter to the Principals office?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
06-01-2007, 01:42 AM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10203521

Porter might be next to hear from Goodell
By Adam Schefter

May 30, 2007) -- Joey Porter settled his criminal issues, pleading no contest to a misdemeanor battery from his winter brawl with Cincinnati left tackle Levi Jones.

But Porter's legal battles aren't over yet. For starters, Jones still is mulling whether to pursue a civil case against Porter.

And, as if that weren't enough, the NFL must rule whether Porter's crime is worthy of suspension under the league's new personal conduct policy.

Those who know Porter hope and think the Dolphins linebacker will be able to avoid suspension. But others around the league aren't as convinced. With the league taking a tougher stance, Porter could fall right into the cross hairs, even though he doesn't have any priors.

Jones is said to remain deeply troubled by the off season incident in which at least six and possibly seven people, including Porter, attacked him in Las Vegas. Jones is said to be still suffering emotional distress.

Within the past couple of months, Porter attempted to apologize to Jones, but Jones expressed no interest in speaking with the Dolphins linebacker, at least not now.

Each of the player's representatives declined comment, hoping the situation blows over. And eventually it will. But before it does, there are still some pending matters that will first have to be settled.

Preacher
06-01-2007, 05:17 AM
Porter was wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. I am glad he is off our team.

But does anyone else smell an excuse in the making when we thump the Bengals this year?

stlrtruck
06-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Jones is said to remain deeply troubled by the off season incident in which at least six and possibly seven people, including Porter, attacked him in Las Vegas. Jones is said to be still suffering emotional distress.

Why is he still deeply troubled. I mean he gets attacked every time he plays the Steelers but he doesn't seem to be troubled by that beating! :toofunny:

Emotional distress should be considered when your teammates continue to claim that you are better than the Steelers but every year they somehow end your season!! :banging:

rbryan
06-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Emotional distress?? I guess playing for the Bunglers had him on the brink of a nervous breakdown to begin with.

klick81
06-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Wow...what a sissy. Emotional distress? More like emotional $$$.

Preacher
06-02-2007, 04:40 AM
Emotional distress?? I guess playing for the Bunglers had him on the brink of a nervous breakdown to begin with.

Yes... Emotional distress...

When you get beat like a rented mule both on AND OFF the field by the same guy... it tends to lower your self esteem!!

:sofunny:

SteelersMongol
06-03-2007, 06:39 AM
EMOTIONAL DISTRESS my eye! What a sissy! First he looked like he's a tough guy who can fight with 6 7 guys. Now he's crying all over the continent and whining about distress?