PDA

View Full Version : The right guy for the job?

Northside Jonny
06-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Big Mike has been at the helm now for a few months,and man am I impressed! I like the way he handles the media. He seems to have won over the players (even Faneca). I like the fact that he is not afraid question the players effort (even the stars).
If what has transpired so far is any sign of the things to come , I truly believe that the Organization has once again proven why they are and will continue to be successful. They have core values on lifeand on football and they consistantly find the guys who match those values.Can't wait to evalute Big Mike on gameday , Here we go steelers here we go

:tt02::jammin::tt02:

Galax Steeler
06-02-2007, 04:26 AM
I have to agree with you on everything but one thing I don't see is him winning over faneca he is in a world of his own.

HometownGal
06-02-2007, 08:42 PM
I have to agree with you on everything but one thing I don't see is him winning over faneca he is in a world of his own.

Agreed galax. When I see Faneca on TV or in the press, it doesn't matter what lip movements and sounds he is making. All I hear is "ME". If he and the Tomlinator can mesh for this season, that's a good thing, but I don't believe it will be totally genuine on Faneca's part. JMHO.

steelcity58
06-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Living in the south, but being a Steelers fan for about...well...my whole life...I am lucky if I hear anything about the Steelers...real stuff...until the Week 1 kickoff.

Who is this Tomlin mentally?

I've read he is a laid back, let the players play and lead their own lives type of coach.

You native guys in Steel City....you believing in this guy at all?

83-Steelers-43
06-02-2007, 11:56 PM
You native guys in Steel City....you believing in this guy at all?

Just my opinion of the guy.....

From what I've seen and heard, I came away with the feeling that he's a fair but no B.S. type of coach. I'm not seeing a buddy/buddy system with 'certain' players on the roster. He doesn't really care if your a rookie or a veteran, he expects the best out of his guys. Some of the media heads up here have already compared his personality and attitude to Noll's.

Up to this point I have no complaints. He has said and done all the right things since he's been here (the handling of Faneca in particular). Eitherway, when all is said and done all that matters is how his team performs on game day.

Elvis
06-03-2007, 06:13 AM
83_steelers_43
Good thread and thanks for the good info. I really do like what the young man is sounding like as well. I like a coach that will speak his mind and he shouldnt give favors to the veterans over the rookies. Of course the vets are always gonna get the benefit of the doubt in alot of positions, and they that are proven deserve that. But I hope this all carries over into the real game section of our conversations in September...
God Bless
Elvis:tt02:

bigj26o(scm 899)
06-03-2007, 10:29 AM
So far he seems like he will fit right into the shoes left behind. He has done a good job handling the faneca situation. the only thing i have disagreed on is the release of porter. :helmet:

The Duke
06-03-2007, 10:56 AM
So far he seems like he will fit right into the shoes left behind. He has done a good job handling the faneca situation. the only thing i have disagreed on is the release of porter. :helmet:

That wasn't tomlin's call, was the front office, salary cap reasons...

melroseplace
06-03-2007, 07:48 PM
I haven't had much time to keep up with all the interviews and whatnot with Tomlin but what I have heard and seen I like...only time will tell though