PDA

View Full Version : How about David Carr?

Elvis
06-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Now, I know that alot of people here probably dont care about the Panthers that much, but I live about 3 hours from Charlotte,NC and the Panthers. I know that the panthers have signed QB David Carr to be their backup, but does anyone think that he could get the job done with a better team around him?
Well, I do.. I think that with a chance in Carolina or wherever with a better team he could flourish and be the starter that he was supposed to be. He is very talented and he has proven that in Houston when he had a decent chance he performed well. With the running game and defense that the Panthers will have this year and with some kind of chance, Carr could be a very big steal for the Panthers.
Peace

stlrtruck
06-05-2007, 08:41 AM
I think David Carr was put in a bad situation. He was put on an expansion team that had no true cohesiveness on the front line and they never gave it much attention. Then they expected him to be the second coming.

I think in Carolina he may have a better chance to revive his career.

Buzz05
06-05-2007, 11:21 AM
I think David Carr was put in a bad situation. He was put on an expansion team that had no true cohesiveness on the front line and they never gave it much attention. Then they expected him to be the second coming.

I think in Carolina he may have a better chance to revive his career.

I agree, I think Carr was put behind the 8 ball from the beginning. No QB could have succeeded with that team and that o-line. I actually hope he revives his career. Personally I think hes an ok QB.

verks36
06-05-2007, 12:39 PM
We really haven't seen david carr play yet. Look i dont care who you put behind the texans line whoever it is they will suck. So now david has a fresh start and i decent team around him i wil not be surprised if he ends up starting a couple games this season and if he does well taking the starting job right out of delhomes hands.

ChronoCross
06-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Panthers are due for a change, they need a consistent QB behind that line and maybe the batter beat up Carr can maybe answer that question. But then there is the big question, did all them sacks, the total beating he has taken over the years, Has it taken its toll. Since Carr never got a chance to grow as a NFL QB besides run for his life has it hurt him in that aspect. It will be interesting to see what Carr can do behind a real line, will he be what some think he can be behind a good line are will he be so damaged that he is unable to be saved from what he has went thru.

lilyoder6
06-05-2007, 06:54 PM
they have a good off. with smith, jarret, williams, etc

ShutDown24
06-06-2007, 12:06 PM
they have a good off. with smith, jarret, williams, etc

If the team is smart enought to let two of those you mentioned start as well as David; then they have a good offense.

kmsteelerwr15
06-06-2007, 01:07 PM
hey the Panthers falst out will be a better team with David Carr as QB...alot of my friends who are Panthers fans feel the same way

ps i live jus outside of charlotte

Elvis
06-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Now, I am a true blue Steelers fan, but being this close in location to the panthers I pay alot of attention to what is going on with that team. Delhome is a good QB.. sounds to me like you guys think that he isnt.. when he is healthy and his team is healthy he is very good. He is kind of alot like Big Ben in alot of ways though, he needs a good running game behind him to be real successful. I would definitely be suprised to see Carr with a start this coming season except for maybe an injury to Jake.

ben2hines=6
06-06-2007, 01:52 PM
delhome is an overated qb if anything.....there were a lot of experts putting him in their top 5 qb's in the league last year, thats a total joke. didnt carr have the best completion % in the league last year? (serious question) if delhome struggles fox is gonna be under huge pressure and with mr. bill cowher only a couple hrs away he's prone to make a huge switch maybe to early or late

The Duke
06-06-2007, 04:12 PM
I hope they give him the opportunity to compete with Delhomme

Elvis
06-08-2007, 05:04 PM
delhome is an overated qb if anything.....there were a lot of experts putting him in their top 5 qb's in the league last year, thats a total joke. didnt carr have the best completion % in the league last year? (serious question) if delhome struggles fox is gonna be under huge pressure and with mr. bill cowher only a couple hrs away he's prone to make a huge switch maybe to early or late
Bill aint going to Carolina to coach... I really believe that ... he is just gonna spend time with his family and girls.....:flap:

TackleMeBen
06-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Carr could have went to Detroit...lol..

I hope he gets the chance to show what he has with a good team. I hate the panthers with a passion ( i use to live in NC), but they are a good team and hopefully Carr will get a chance to show his stuff