PDA

View Full Version : Gary Russell

Spidey
06-05-2007, 07:44 AM
I'm assuming, no news is good news?

myopunger55
06-05-2007, 08:14 AM
With the signing of Haynes it looks grim for Russell. Last year we went between 4-5 active RB's on the roster on any given week. Right now it looks like Parker, Davenport, Barlow, Haynes and Kreider. It doesn't help that he showed up overweight and slow. It's a shame too. He has plenty of talent to be successful in this league. Same story...different player. You hear it all the time. Talent alone get's you nowhere in the NFL.

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-05-2007, 09:27 AM
With the signing of Haynes it looks grim for Russell. Last year we went between 4-5 active RB's on the roster on any given week. Right now it looks like Parker, Davenport, Barlow, Haynes and Kreider. It doesn't help that he showed up overweight and slow. It's a shame too. He has plenty of talent to be successful in this league. Same story...different player. You hear it all the time. Talent alone get's you nowhere in the NFL.

Unless Russell can get in shape..he will be gone...I think it was LITP that noted Russell ran the slowest 40 at the combine...That is a shame..I had hopes that we might had found another diamond in the rough.

Dont forget we also signed Mosely as an undrafted free agent...but he is a different type of back at 6'2 240 lbs...

Anyone think they may be trying him at Fullback?

83-Steelers-43
06-05-2007, 09:33 AM
I think it was LITP that noted Russell ran the slowest 40 at the combine

That was me and here are the numbers for those interested.......

Post #6: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16767&highlight=Russell

lamberts-lost-tooth
06-05-2007, 09:41 AM
That was me and here are the numbers for those interested.......

Post #6: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=16767&highlight=Russell

Youre right 83...sorry.

I think you made an astute comparison to Maurice Clarett.

Galax Steeler
06-06-2007, 04:43 AM
I was hoping russell could turn it around but with the crowded backfield it don't look good.