PDA

View Full Version : 1st play? 1st Series?

clevestinks
09-08-2005, 01:57 PM
First game of the season, do we see two running plays and a pass. Or will Willie break one early? I would only hope.
I think that we go up top, right from the get go. The Titans know we are struggling with the pass, so they will be all over the run. First play of the year, deep to El or Wilson, maybe even Morgan. Make them respect our passing game. Then this will " Free Willie" and the running game.

So my prediction is. Deep Post to Randle El. Good for 40+ yards. Then Willie takes it the rest of the way.

Prosdo
09-08-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm going to go with a 15 yard pass to Ward. Willie gains 20+ yards in that series. The play ends in the endzone with a pass to Ward.

Koopa
09-08-2005, 03:42 PM
i say the first play is a 5 yard run by willie, then a pass to ward for 8 yards, then we run twice picking up 7 yards, ben throws an incomplete pass to ARE and we punt it. i don't think we'll score on the first drive. the defense will shut down mcnair and the titans offense, and then we score on our next drive with a 25 yard touchdown pass to heath miller

Black-n-Gold
09-08-2005, 03:59 PM
I don't see a deep pass, more on the lines of a 12-15 yard reception to ARE. A few runs after that by Parker for another first down. After that maybe a pass to get us closer to endzone, finished with Duce pounding it in for the TD. I don't believe they have Miller starting do they?

RoethlisBURGHer
09-08-2005, 04:33 PM
First play will be a deep pass to Ward...complete.

Blitzburgh55
09-08-2005, 04:34 PM
I say we kick a 30 yard felid goal

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Look for Tennesse to play alot of 2 deep zone and we've got to be able to run against that. Otherwise they'll just sit back there all day pick Ben apart. We always establish the running game early, but yeah I'd think you'll see Ken W. call some quick passes, some high percentage stuff to get Ben in a rythmn w/ throwing too. early on. I say at home, we drive down, and punch it in from 5 yds out w/ a TD pass to Dan Kreider who's alone on the sideline :D

clevestinks
09-08-2005, 07:21 PM
So far everyone would mentioned the first drive ending in a TD, is alright by me.

VaDave
09-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Run inside right tackle. 2 yards. Then we get serious....

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2005, 09:52 PM
So far everyone would mentioned the first drive ending in a TD, is alright by me.

oh yeah, we gotta start out strong, opening drive, right down the field and punch it in.. stomp on right from the get go!

clevestinks
09-09-2005, 03:17 AM
I do beleive Ben has to prove that he can throw the ball on the opening drive. With the preseason that he had, they will stack the line , wanting to stop the run. This game may rest on Bens shoulders, he has to let the league know now, that he can play ball. Preseason is over. Rusty, timing, holdouts, screw all the excuses, throw the damn football.

Da Boot
09-09-2005, 08:08 AM
My guess is the Titans are going to be stacking the box trying to stop the run. I'd heave it deep on the first play to try and loosen them up a bit.

Steel - X
09-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Heath Miller first TD catch inside the redzone!!

RichmondVA
09-09-2005, 11:23 AM
IMO we will use the screen pass more on 1st & 2nd down in the games first few series. IMO Mr. Parker adds more than speed, he brings a new dimension to the offense with his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. We tradionally haven't run screens with Jerome (or Duce) on those downs, but reserved those for Verron on third down situations. I'd also like to see the shovel pass used with Willie in the game. Lower "risk" passes with some upside potential.

SteelProven
09-09-2005, 05:41 PM
I'd probably say a out or curl to H. Ward just to get Ben some early confidence. Then i'd probably say if the pass is completed then a couple runs with W. Parker.

clevestinks
09-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Let me say, altough everyone has different ideas about the first play, and first drive. You are all knowledgable Steelers fans. You ought to really pat yourselves on the back. Everyones ideas seem so Steeler like, that it could only come from true Steelers fans. And by the way Thank God the old days of 3rd and 15 , and the Steelers run a draw play, are over I hope. We have weapons , use them Coach.

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Your all wrong. First play will be defensively. Our defense will be on the field. Sack by Porter with a forced fumble picked up by townsend and ran in for a touchdown. defense wins championships. We will definately opt to put our D on the field before our O so we will get the ball in the second half.

Suitanim
09-11-2005, 07:53 AM
I like the way Da Boot is thinking...take a page out of the Raiders/Vikings playbook and haul off a bomb on the very 1st play...I'd love to see a 65 yard TD on the first play...shock and awe the Titans.