PDA

View Full Version : The Bus opens his new restaurant!

Edman
06-05-2007, 03:03 PM
http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_156101129.html

Check it out. Looks expensive to me. Congrats to the Bus on his new restaurant and I hope it's successful. :)

SteelCityMan786
06-05-2007, 03:19 PM
It's in the same building as FSN as far as I'm aware.

ironcity
06-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Sweet!

The Duke
06-05-2007, 03:35 PM
seems good

msafford
06-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Definitely not the healthiest food items, but man does it sound good. I also appreciated the Bus's comments on how he actually likes the Bungholes, since he had some of his best games against them.:thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
06-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Definitely not the healthiest food items, but man does it sound good. I also appreciated the Bus's comments on how he actually likes the Bungholes, since he had some of his best games against them.:thumbsup:

I think he just likes to play against them.

Yep, pretty nice restaurant.

83-Steelers-43
06-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I'll give it a try tomorrow.

stlrtruck
06-06-2007, 07:42 AM
Just one more place to stop and eat on one of my trips to Da' Burgh.

I just watched both videos on his restaurant and the grand opening. Dude, I want a shot at that 36oz steak. I would starve myself for two days just to say that I finished it.

Maybe if someone can get Jerome this message, a great give away if someone (other than a football player or athlete) finishes that steak -

1. Start a Hall of Fame wall that you take pictures with those that finish it and put it on the wall.
2. An autographed Jersey
3. Free Tab for the night (Lord knows there won't be much more to add to it after all that but hey)

The Duke
06-06-2007, 03:15 PM
That's like reason 100 to go to pittsburgh

stlrtruck
06-06-2007, 04:20 PM
That's like reason 100 to go to pittsburgh

I'm sorry dude but the food in Pittsburgh regardless of what place you eat at is in the top 10 (LOL) :cheers:

83-Steelers-43
06-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Well I went to Jerome's joint yesterday. Cool atmosphere. There is no smoking so I wasn't real crazy about the place. I will probably go there after the games but I won't go out of my away to get a drink or bite to eat. While he has the whole '36' beers going for him, it seemed the majority were domestic. Imports were limited to your typical "Becks, Amstel, Corona, etc. etc.".

NOTE: If your going to his place for the waitresses. DON'T. Madon, let's just say if one of our lineman goes down with an injury this season all we have to do is walk down the street from Heinz and hit up Jerome's place. Plenty of worthy candidates. A good number of those girls would make Casey Hampton jealous.

*Lord I apologize and please be with the starving pygmies down in New Guinea, amen*

SteelCityMan786
06-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Well I went to Jerome's joint yesterday. Cool atmosphere. There is no smoking so I wasn't real crazy about the place. I will probably go there after the games but I won't go out of my away to get a drink or bite to eat. While he has the whole '36' beers going for him, it seemed the majority were domestic. Imports were limited to your typical "Becks, Amstel, Corona, etc. etc.".

NOTE: If your going to his place for the waitresses. DON'T. Madon, let's just say if one of our lineman goes down with an injury this season all we have to do is walk down the street from Heinz and hit up Jerome's place. Plenty of worthy candidates. A good number of those girls would make Casey Hampton jealous.

*Lord I apologize and please be with the starving pygmies down in New Guinea, amen*

Thanks for the warning 83. I'm hoping my family get a chance to head down there during our next visit to the Steel City.

fansince'76
06-09-2007, 09:55 AM

Thanks for the report, 83. How was the food? And it's nice that the Bus' place doesn't discriminate against the, umm, "aesthetically challenged" in waitress hires. :chuckle:

klick81
06-09-2007, 10:06 AM
LOL...Jerome is a equal opportunity employer. But yeah, how's the cookin'?

83-Steelers-43
06-09-2007, 10:46 AM
I ordered a bacon cheeseburger. It was good. Nothing special. Like I said, I will go after the games, but I wouldn't go out of my way.

pEktaS
06-12-2007, 04:32 PM
I was wondering if anyone has been there that can tell me about it like how packed it is and how expensive it is

i know i heard bettis on dve sayin it was cheap and ive heard it was good but his definition of cheap and mine could be different

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2007, 05:09 PM
I was wondering if anyone has been there that can tell me about it like how packed it is and how expensive it is

i know i heard bettis on dve sayin it was cheap and ive heard it was good but his definition of cheap and mine could be different

When I went it was two days after the opening and it was lunch time. It was packed to say the least. The prices weren't bad at all. I think I paid around $15-18 for my meal and you get a nice size meal. You should have seen the piece of chocolate cake I saw a waitress bring out. The thing was HUGE.

The bathrooms are pretty cool yet strange. They have one-way mirrors in front of the urinals. You can see the whole main floor of the joint while your taking a #1. I'm sure after a few shots of cuervo that could be an even stranger situation.

pEktaS
06-12-2007, 05:18 PM
ya they were talkin about the urinals on the radio

i really wanna go but i dont wanna go down and have to wait forever to eat cause im usually really hungry when i go to eat haha

im just mad that they didnt put like the bengals browns and ravens symbols on the urinal cakes

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2007, 05:23 PM
ya they were talkin about the urinals on the radio

i really wanna go but i dont wanna go down and have to wait forever to eat cause im usually really hungry when i go to eat haha

im just mad that they didnt put like the bengals browns and ravens symbols on the urinal cakes

A friend and I were lucky enough to grab the last two seats up at the bar. We did not feel like waiting for a table, but it wasn't as if the line was out the door, but the place was fully packed.

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 05:27 PM
The bathrooms are pretty cool yet strange. They have one-way mirrors in front of the urinals. You can see the whole main floor of the joint while your taking a #1. I'm sure after a few shots of cuervo that could be an even stranger situation.i like it. after a few shots of tequila im always ready to expose myself to 100 people! my uncle mentionned trying to go there when we visit. did you catch the price on the 36 oz. steak?
i'll tackle it just to say i did it.

that does suck with the beer selection. guinness? if not im sure they got sam adams or amber bock.

pEktaS
06-12-2007, 05:27 PM
i plan on takin my girl at somepoint in the near future cause ive been itching to go ever since i heard about it

are there pictures of it online somewhere? i havent been able 2 find any and i kinda wanna see what kinda cool stuff they got inside

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2007, 05:32 PM
i like it. after a few shots of tequila im always ready to expose myself to 100 people! my uncle mentionned trying to go there when we visit. did you catch the price on the 36 oz. steak?

that does suck with the beer selection. guinness? if not im sure they got sam adams or amber bock.

Did not catch the price on the steak. If I head down there again in the near future I will take a look for ya.

They did have both Sam Adams and Guinness. I'm not a fan of Guinness but I do enjoy a Sam Adams from time to time. I just ended up getting a Beck's Dark.

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2007, 05:34 PM
are there pictures of it online somewhere?

Click link and click "Play" on video clip to the right: http://kdka.com/steelers/local_story_157080007.html

WARNING: Kordell Stewart is in the above video. Don't say I didn't warn you. :wink02:

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Did not catch the price on the steak. If I head down there again in the near future I will take a look for ya.

They did have both Sam Adams and Guinness. I'm not a fan of Guinness but I do enjoy a Sam Adams from time to time. I just ended up getting a Beck's Dark.im good then. last time i was visiting we just missed the closing of rod woodsons joint and ended up at hooters. wile i appreciate a hooters as much as anyone i think i'd like a little more unique of an experience.

does it seem like a place you can go to and lounge for a sunday race (sports bar like) or did it seem like theyre gonna be trying to feed you and get you in/get you out?

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2007, 06:00 PM
does it seem like a place you can go to and lounge for a sunday race (sports bar like) or did it seem like theyre gonna be trying to feed you and get you in/get you out?

Maybe it was because it just opened or maybe it was just me, but I felt as if it was a "get people in and get people out as fast as possible" type of joint. While they have a big bar (size wise), it wouldn't be my first choice when I want to sit down with a group of friends, throw back a few beers and be able to relax and feel comfortable doing so. The atmosphere in general wasn't exactly your typical "sports bar" type of crowd.

As I've stated in the past, I'm not a big Strip District fan, but I enjoy "The Sports Rock" during Steeler away games. Good wings and decent burgers. They have three nice size bars (two on the bottom and one up top) along with pool tables. TV's everywhere. The place is huge so your not bumping elbows with everybody.

pEktaS
06-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Funny you mention kordell i heard some guy that was on that pros vs joes with him say that he thinks he is gonna make a comeback

but thanks will do

Elvis
06-13-2007, 09:26 AM
sounds good, will someone send me a Steak?
:tt02:

section514
07-05-2007, 11:38 AM
What are your thoughts on this new place. I have been there twice and I tried the deep friend Italian and meatloaf hoagies. They are amazing! They had Blue Moon on special for $2 on the 4th. And I took a leak in the bathroom for the first time. Man is it weird peeing while looking at the hostesses through the double sided mirror.

pittsburghp8baller
07-05-2007, 11:40 AM
havent been up to pittsburgh since it opened thats on my list of things to do/go the next time im up there

Preacher
07-05-2007, 11:42 AM
What are your thoughts on this new place. I have been there twice and I tried the deep friend Italian and meatloaf hoagies. They are amazing! They had Blue Moon on special for $2 on the 4th. And I took a leak in the bathroom for the first time. Man is it weird peeing will looking at the hostesses through the double sided mirror.

:jawdrop:

PisnNapalm
07-05-2007, 11:54 AM
I agree... that's just weird man.

section514
07-05-2007, 11:56 AM
not going to lie I def had some stage fright lol

Preacher
07-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Let me ask...

Is it worth making a strip there when I go to pittsburgh?

section514
07-05-2007, 12:02 PM
definitely worth it. the food it cheap and a lot of beer to try (36 of them)

section514
07-05-2007, 12:17 PM
i like it. after a few shots of tequila im always ready to expose myself to 100 people! my uncle mentionned trying to go there when we visit. did you catch the price on the 36 oz. steak?

the steak is $50

rbryan
07-05-2007, 01:00 PM
I went a couple weeks ago when I was in town. TV's are awsome. Food was good. That bathroom is just weird, I've never seen anything like that before. Jerome came in, but disappeared into the back pretty quick. Bartender told us he's there a lot signing autographs,taking pics and generally being pretty cordial.

Picked up a set of the glasses for those thirsty game days in front of the big screen this fall.

Hobbes
07-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Man is it weird peeing while looking at the hostesses through the double sided mirror.

We had a sandwich shop here in my town that had one of those. The wife and I will definately stop by on or trip to Pittsburgh for the 49ers game.

rog
08-11-2007, 12:51 PM
I am trying to find out some info on the Bus' new restaruante (to make reservations,location,and prices) if anhone knows anything that might be helpful I'd def. appreciate it . Thanks guys.

ChronoCross
08-11-2007, 01:13 PM
http://www.jeromebettisgrill36.com/

SteelCityMan786
08-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Enjoy eating there. They make some good food. It's located just down the road from Heinz Field in the Del Monte Building on North Shore Drive

tony hipchest
08-12-2007, 03:11 AM
i went to the Grille last thursday. for the locals, i ordered right before that tornado hit during that big storm that tore up the cone on top of the science center and blew out a few panes of glass.

the Grille's patio area was completely destroyed and i watched metal chairs and table flying through the air from inside. the crowd that was dining kinda panicked and ran and dove under tables and it really set in when somebody knocked a glass off the bar. like a dork, i followed my fiancee and daughter under our table along with the rest of the crowd, but i realized i was missing some excellent photo opportunities (i have some great pictures i will be posting).

during all the excitement of being that close to a tornado, i totally forgot to go take a piss in front of the mirrors.

5 minutes after the chaos, our meal was promptly served with no delay. i have to give it to jeromes staff as an obviously shaken waitress brought us our non-complimentary meal.

macho nachos- $9. enough to be a meal for 2. although they had alot of toppings, they definitely lacked enough queso (that is what us southwesterners call the melted cheese sauce typically found on nachos.

italian hoagie deep fried in a tempura batter- $9. original, unique, tasty. came with fries and a thimble full of slaw.

shrimp rigatoni with sun dried tomatoes and a chipotle sauce- $16. very good. sweet. not the spice i would expect from chipotle. still very good though.

1 lb of carrot cake for 2- $9. holy cow! they might as well just brought us a whole cake! im thinking the cake it was cut from was 36" in diameter. this too, could be a meal in itself.

daily beer special- $2. 20 oz. amstel lights. very impressed to get a beer this big of any brand in a restraunt like this, for only 2 bucks.

i thought the atmosphere was classy, yet laid back. the menu was diverse and definitely unique. the prices were no worse than a local applebees or chilis.

oh, and when the storm knocked out the direct tv and the baseball ticket, the steelers 05 sb highlights dvd was immediately shown on all screens.

good stuff.

Livinginthe past
08-12-2007, 05:30 AM
i went to the Grille last thursday. for the locals, i ordered right before that tornado hit during that big storm that tore up the cone on top of the science center and blew out a few panes of glass.

the Grille's patio area was completely destroyed and i watched metal chairs and table flying through the air from inside. the crowd that was dining kinda panicked and ran and dove under tables and it really set in when somebody knocked a glass off the bar. like a dork, i followed my fiancee and daughter under our table along with the rest of the crowd, but i realized i was missing some excellent photo opportunities (i have some great pictures i will be posting).

during all the excitement of being that close to a tornado, i totally forgot to go take a piss in front of the mirrors.

5 minutes after the chaos, our meal was promptly served with no delay. i have to give it to jeromes staff as an obviously shaken waitress brought us our non-complimentary meal.

macho nachos- $9. enough to be a meal for 2. although they had alot of toppings, they definitely lacked enough queso (that is what us southwesterners call the melted cheese sauce typically found on nachos.

italian hoagie deep fried in a tempura batter- $9. original, unique, tasty. came with fries and a thimble full of slaw.

shrimp rigatoni with sun dried tomatoes and a chipotle sauce- $16. very good. sweet. not the spice i would expect from chipotle. still very good though.

1 lb of carrot cake for 2- $9. holy cow! they might as well just brought us a whole cake! im thinking the cake it was cut from was 36" in diameter. this too, could be a meal in itself.

daily beer special- $2. 20 oz. amstel lights. very impressed to get a beer this big of any brand in a restraunt like this, for only 2 bucks.

i thought the atmosphere was classy, yet laid back. the menu was diverse and definitely unique. the prices were no worse than a local applebees or chilis.

oh, and when the storm knocked out the direct tv and the baseball ticket, the steelers 05 sb highlights dvd was immediately shown on all screens.

good stuff.

Sounds like you had an eventful time, TH!

I thought celebrity restaurants were supposed to be totally over-priced?

And a free tornado show, too?

Sounds like you had a great time, those photo's should be awesome.

ps. 2004's SB DVD (3 Games To Glory) would have been a better option :wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-12-2007, 06:00 AM
Welcome back Tony...I missed the Polar Bear!!!

Jeremy
08-12-2007, 06:17 AM
Man how I love that ignore list!

Cool story Tony.

stillers4me
08-12-2007, 08:17 AM
We ate there for lunch last week and found the food to be good, the prices within reason, the atmosphere great (loved that mural of the Bus!), the service excellent (our waiter was very friendly and attentive) and the entertainment above reproach!! We watched the Steeler DVD right at our booth. We even bought a Bettis Grille 36 glass to bring home.

I had the chicken Caesar sandwich. It was a triple decker with plenty of fries and a small side of coleslaw........$7.95.
Dinners, of course, were pricier, topping out at a whopping $49.99 for the 36 oz. steak........but most were priced competitively. We will definitely be returning on a future visit.

You checked out the bathrooms, didn't you Tony?

83-Steelers-43
08-12-2007, 09:32 AM

You should have seen the piece of chocolate cake I saw a waitress bring out. The thing was HUGE.

Don't say I didn't warn ya. :wink02:

tony hipchest
08-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Sounds like you had an eventful time, TH!

I thought celebrity restaurants were supposed to be totally over-priced?

And a free tornado show, too?

Sounds like you had a great time, those photo's should be awesome.

ps. 2004's SB DVD (3 Games To Glory) would have been a better option :wink02:

i posted the photos in the media section. check em out!

i thought the same about celeb restaurants. here you definitely felt like you were paying for the food on the table as opposed to the atmosphere and celebrity status of the owner. the location, tv's, nice bar, and black and gold feel was just an added bonus that you felt was a freebie you werent even paying for.

jeromes name will attract the crowds, but i think the product itself will keep them coming back.

the restaurant business is a tough one and i was definitely impressed.

Don't say I didn't warn ya. boy, you werent kidding. the cake filled a whole styrofoam to-go plate!

Preacher
08-13-2007, 03:21 PM
i posted the photos in the media section. check em out!

i thought the same about celeb restaurants. here you definitely felt like you were paying for the food on the table as opposed to the atmosphere and celebrity status of the owner. the location, tv's, nice bar, and black and gold feel was just an added bonus that you felt was a freebie you werent even paying for.

jeromes name will attract the crowds, but i think the product itself will keep them coming back.

the restaurant business is a tough one and i was definitely impressed.

boy, you werent kidding. the cake filled a whole styrofoam to-go plate!

So your saying I need to go there when I go to Pittsburgh in November?

(sans tornado of course?)