PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Finally Get Green;

ChronoCross
06-05-2007, 09:34 PM
http://www.kffl.com/images/hot_sign.jpgDolphins | Green acquired
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:26:32 -0700
Jay Glazer (http://www.kffl.com/link/14), of FOXSports.com (http://www.kffl.com/link/189), reports the Miami Dolphins (http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl) have acquired QB Trent Green (http://www.kffl.com/player/989/nfl) from the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl) for a fifth-round draft pick that can become a fourth-round draft pick depending on Green's playing time with the Dolphins. The deal is contingent on Green passing a physical.

Crushzilla
06-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Finally.

Kansas City was nuts if they thought they were going to get more for him.

Miami had them by the balls the whole time, glad to see they finally got their man and can get him to work.

What of Culpepper, now?

tony hipchest
06-05-2007, 09:49 PM
miami was nuts thinking they would get him cheaper than a sixth. (of course miami was nuts trading a 2nd for aj feeley).

all this time one side was holding out fot getting a 4th and the other side was holding out for only giving up a sixth. you would think the reasonable thing to do without wasting EVERYBODYS time would to be settling on a 5th...

Edman
06-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Good move by Miami. But who knows how much Green has in the tank. He's no spring chicken.

I think it's safe to say Culpepper is an FA bust.

SteelCityMan786
06-05-2007, 10:21 PM
My bet they waited so long because of the cap hit they'd take.

Crushzilla
06-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Green is a much better option though to breed Beck.

Miami wanted Beck and got him. Wanted Green and got him.

I have enough faith in Cam Cameron's work to believe this is in their teams best interest. The passed on Quinn for a reason.

SteelCityMan786
06-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Green is a much better option though to breed Beck.

Miami wanted Beck and got him. Wanted Green and got him.

I have enough faith in Cam Cameron's work to believe this is in their teams best interest. The passed on Quinn for a reason.

That's for sure.

Livinginthe past
06-06-2007, 05:05 AM
Finally.

Kansas City was nuts if they thought they were going to get more for him.

Miami had them by the balls the whole time, glad to see they finally got their man and can get him to work.

What of Culpepper, now?

First Culpepper stated that he would say and fight Green for the starters job if Green came on board.

Then (probably after a short chat with Cameron) he decided that he wanted to leave if Green was signed.

I think Green can be a nice pick-up for the Dolphins - in the same way Ben's poor play last year can be attributed to getting his bell rung (in many different ways) I think the same can be said of Green.

He looked awful in the playoff loss to the Colts - totally failed to get the Indy offense from crowding the LOS and stopping LJ but I think he'll be alot better with some R&R under his belt.

If Miami hadn't of drafted a punt returner with the 9th pick i'd have said they were finally starting to make some progress as a franchise.

Crushzilla
06-06-2007, 05:27 AM
He looked awful in the playoff loss to the Colts - totally failed to get the Indy offense from crowding the LOS and stopping LJ but I think he'll be alot better with some R&R under his belt.

He must have been hit hard if he thought that the Colts offense was playing defense :wink02:

lilyoder6
06-06-2007, 10:45 AM
lol thats funny.

Livinginthe past
06-06-2007, 12:13 PM
He must have been hit hard if he thought that the Colts offense was playing defense :wink02:

LOL ya sharp F****r :toofunny: Grrr.

Elvis
06-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Good move by Miami. But who knows how much Green has in the tank. He's no spring chicken.

I think it's safe to say Culpepper is an FA bust.
Yeh.. I think that your right about Culpepper. Now, about Trent... he has got plenty left in the tank in my opinion. Just depends on how good that running game will help him in Miami. He is 4th in the league in passing yards since '02 behind the likes of.. Peyton Manning, Brett Favre and Tom Brady.. Pretty good company in my opinion.. what about yours?

fugawzi
06-06-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm happy with this acquisition. I will say there's a lot of mixed reviews on some of the Dolphins' forums I frequent. Mostly because of Green's age, and the feeling that Culpepper isn't being given a fair shot. What's done is done, and hopefully Green will play like he did prior to last year. It's nice to see his numbers in the company of Favre, P. Manning, and Brady, but that was behind a much different and better offensive line. If MIA can keep him protected I think he will do well. If not, he could be one hit away from retirement. I do think Green's the best option to mentor Beck because of his familiararity with Coach Cameron and QBs coach Terry Shea whom Green worked under in KC. I'm going to the Dolphins mini-camp this weekend I wonder if Green will be there working out. I can't EFFING wait until football season!!! It's just too bad our season's already over and going nowhere because we drafted a punt-returner with the 9th overall pick. Oh well...

tony hipchest
06-06-2007, 02:56 PM
It's just too bad our season's already over and going nowhere because we drafted a punt-returner with the 9th overall pick. Oh well...:chuckle:

dont forget you traded away the franchises best player to the patriots for a mere 2nd and 7th rounder.

Jeremy
06-06-2007, 03:02 PM
The jury is out on Cam Cameron and his ability to handle his roster. The guy was a total bust at Indiana when he was head coach there. He's done well as a coodinator, but the history books are filled with guys who were great coordinators and then didn't do anything as head coaches.

Crushzilla
06-06-2007, 03:03 PM
LOL ya sharp F****r :toofunny: Grrr.

That's what I'm here for :smile:

rbryan
06-06-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm just glad I don't have to hear about it anymore. Trent Green is a big baby, he deserves the Dolphins as much as they deserve him. Culpepper was a flop and I can already hear the bellysmacker that is Trent Green hit the pool in S Fla. This has been the bigest story about NOTHING I can remember for a long time.

ChronoCross
06-06-2007, 03:48 PM
If Green does have plenty of juice left in that tank of his, it will help Miami a lot. Miami has been in need of a quality QB who can throw on a consistent basis for a long time.

Livinginthe past
06-06-2007, 04:39 PM
:chuckle:

dont forget you traded away the franchises best player to the patriots for a mere 2nd and 7th rounder.

Just to make up for it they took Pittsburghs starting LBer for nada compensation. :wink02:

rbryan
06-06-2007, 04:59 PM
That was still about the worst move I've seen from the FO in a while. You gotta get something for JP even if its a 4th or 5th rounder

fugawzi
06-06-2007, 08:33 PM
:chuckle:

the franchises best player??? what a joke... I'd say Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor are easily better at their respective positions than Wes Welker. And since when did a 2nd and 7th pick become mere? Especially for someone who scored a MERE 6 TDs the entire 3 years he was on the Fins. I'd say that's good compensation.

The jury is out on Cam Cameron and his ability to handle his roster. The guy was a total bust at Indiana when he was head coach there. He's done well as a coodinator, but the history books are filled with guys who were great coordinators and then didn't do anything as head coaches.

I wonder how ex-defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin will do in PIT. I think the "history books" are also filled with guys who had different results as a head coach in college than in the Pros. Indiana??? like Indiana has been soo successful without Cameron. Indiana's win percentage since 1887 is .426, they haven't won a conf. championship since 1967, and have only won 3 bowl games in their 120 year existence. It's safe to say they suck, and most coaches there were a bust. out of 27 total coaches, only 6 were above .500

tony hipchest
06-06-2007, 09:12 PM
the franchises best player??? what a joke... .

thats cool that you "got it". (pardon my non use of an emoticon with prior post)

Livinginthe past
06-07-2007, 03:54 AM
thats cool that you "got it". (pardon my non use of an emoticon with prior post)

LOL. Thats pretty generous :wink02:

ShutDown24
06-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Jason Taylor played football for Woodland Hills right down the road from me in high school... He is the Dolphins best player, but Thomas is extremely overrated. Welker was by far the teams best receiver and probably the best option they had a quarterback as well last year... that organization is a mess and while I think Green will help, their incredible run with csonka, mercury and the no namers when they were still a respectable franchise excluded, the only good things the Dolphins have ever had came from Pittsburgh (Marino, Taylor). If there has to be a team that moves to LA for a new start, despite the awesome climate down there and the fan base, I would move the Dolphins. Not the Texans, not the Saints... The Dolphins. I would even go as far as to give the Dolphins some supplemental picks... While my latest comments were obviously over exaggerated, that is honestly how bad that team has been run for years. They are the Chicago Cubs of football at best… (The Texans are the Pirates, I have made a list of similarities before and it's shocking)