PDA

View Full Version : 10 most suffering Sports Towns

Stlrs4Life
06-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Didn't know anywhere else to put this, so if the Mods want to move it, go ahead, anyhow:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6889548?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10136

stlrtruck
06-06-2007, 06:54 PM
That's a great article...in at number 7 the lovely city of Cincinnati with

These days, the Bengals are best known for their staggering team arrest totals.

HometownGal
06-06-2007, 07:12 PM
I moved it to the Sports Dimensions forum, Dom - hope you don't mind! :wink02:

Since then, the Bengals have only been to the postseason once. And Cincinnati hasn't won a world championship since 1990, when the Reds won their first title since 1976 and swept the A's.

Lahooooooooosers. :toofunny::toofunny::point::point:

steelpinstripe72
06-06-2007, 07:14 PM
3. Seattle
Back in 1994, the Sonics seemed prepared to win Seattle's first title since their great 1979 run. They earned the NBA's top playoff seed with a 63-19 record. Michael Jordan was "retired" that year.

But they somehow lost their first-round, best-of-five series against the eighth-seeded Nuggets ? despite winning the first two games! This astonishing choke cast a pall over the sports community; Seattle is still looking for its first world title in nearly 30 years.

RECURRING NIGHTMARES: Falling ceiling tiles at the Kingdome; the '01 Mariners winning 116 regular season games, then losing to the Yankees in the ALCS; the M's tragic Heathcliff Slocumb trade; referees hosing the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL.

DEPARTURES: Pilots, Lenny Wilkens, Jack Sikma, Chuck Knox, Dave Krieg, Ken Griffey Jr., Randy Johnson, Alex Rodriguez, Lou Piniella, Joey Galloway, Gary Payton, Jamie Moyer.

Oh, bloody hell. STFU already.

As for Buffalo at number 1 - I'm currently living there. I kind of pity them. Except for the guy that told me after the Sabres got knocked out that I didn't know what it was like to lose a conference final. Yeah...whatever, dude.

fansince'76
06-06-2007, 07:21 PM
3. Seattle
RECURRING NIGHTMARES:....referees hosing the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL.

:crying01: :jerkit: :coffee:

BTW, has Fatso learned how to manage a clock yet?

steelpinstripe72
06-06-2007, 07:35 PM

Has anyone in the NFC period learned how to manage a clock yet? I seem to remember Philly having the same problem in Super Bowl XXXIX.

stlrtruck
06-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Has anyone in the NFC period learned how to manage a clock yet? I seem to remember Philly having the same problem in Super Bowl XXXIX.

Not since the days of Montana and Aikman.

SteelCityMan786
06-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Philly should be hire on that list. Because they were ordered to SUFFER. lol.

HometownGal
06-06-2007, 08:44 PM

I seriously doubt it, but I'm sure he's learned to manage the fine art of chowing down in one sitting an entire box of

http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/elsewhere/images/2004/jul2/twinkies.jpg

SteelCityMan786
06-06-2007, 10:26 PM

Some people need to stop drinking the rip off ref kool-aid.

People need to get through their heads

BAD CALLS ARE MADE IN EVERY SINGLE SPORT! WE CAN BASH THEM ALL WE WANT BUT IT WILL NOT CHANGE THEM!

Good teams take advantage of the calls that go against their opponents. We did that in Super Bowl XL, and we won it fair and square.

SteelCityMan786
06-06-2007, 10:27 PM

Has anyone gotten through their heads every game is won fair and square as much as we don't like to admit it.

stlrtruck
06-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Has anyone gotten through their heads every game is won fair and square as much as we don't like to admit it.

It's not that NE didn't win that game fair and square (or that the Steelers didn't for that matter) but I think it was more towards the point that the game would have been a heck of a lot more interesting if Philly had better clock management.