PDA

View Full Version : AFC NORTH DIVISION PREDICTIONS

Northside Jonny
06-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Coach Tomlin won't make make any ptedictions about the upcoming season but that doesn't mean we in steelernation can't. Thought we could all give a predicton for the North next season.

No way next season is as bad as last year so I'll say the black and gold reclaim the north championship with a 12-4 record.
In second place I like the ravens but only if McNair can stay healthy. I'll say 10-6 with him and without 7-9.
I feel that the browns are up and coming but still a few years awyay so lets say at best 8-8
Yes my friends finally the the bungles will implode this season and return to the cellar where they belong with a record of 6-10 or maybee worse.

recap: 1.steelers 12-4
2.ravens 10-6
3.browns 8-8
4.bengals 6-10

Lets gets as many predictions as we can and after the season we will see who was right and who was wrong! :jammin: :dang:

Big7BenHOF
06-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Steelers - 11-5
Ravens - 10-6
Bengals - 8-8
Browns - 5-11

SteelCityMan786
06-09-2007, 05:12 PM
A prediction thread for the entire league has been made in the nfl forum.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=255132#post255132

LambertLunatic
06-09-2007, 11:26 PM
I look for the bengals to lose at least 10 games. By the time the season starts, they'll already be guaranteed 7 losses by forfeit. They'll have to forfeit all 7 games outside the State of Ohio because they won't have enough players to suit up. Too many players will be under court order not to leave the state. :cheers:

SteelCityMan786
06-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Unless their parole officer allows them to leave.

Elvis
06-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Good selections so far everyone.. Heres mine
1. Ravens : Their defense will win alot of games for them as usual, and if McGahee plays like I think he will behind that line then they are gonna be very tough if anyone at all steps up at WR and McNair stays healthy.
2. Steelers : If Ben can turn things around for the good as the 2 years before, then we will should have a nice offensive arsenol. Willie, I hope will lead the league in rushing yards and I am looking for big things from Santonio Holmes and Troy Polomalu as well.
3. Bengals : The Bengals have too much offense to fall any lower than this, and I think it will be a battle between the Steelers and Bengals here. The biggest ? other than the obvious, "can the bengals stay out of trouble?" will be their defense.
4. Browns : I think that the Browns should make good strides this upcoming season, will it be enough to save the job of Cremmel, I dont know. Their offense got a big boost when they landed the best QB in the draft in Quinn and the supposedly best OT in the draft as well. This team should be very improved and maybe in a few years they will be up higher than this ...

RoethlisBURGHer
06-10-2007, 10:53 AM
First Place: Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)-- Big Ben bounces back and has the Comeback Player of the Year season.Ward eclipses 1,000 yards,as does Santonio Holmes while Heath Miller has a coming-out party with 70 catches for 10 TD's and about 800 yards (give or take).This year,our defense will pressure the QB more.That is part of the reason our secondary played like crap so much last year.Polamalu will be heal;thy the entire year,Anothony Smith will knock some heads off of people,and Ike will play like he did in 2005.

Second Place: Baltimore Ravens (10-6)-- McGahee won't be this 7,000 yard 5,000 TD machine everyone thinks he is going to become.He'll probally have Jamal Lewis circa 2006 numbers behind that line,which is a marked improvment over what he did in Buffalo.McNair will have a good season,getting back into his comfort level with Mason and finding Heap in the red zone a lot.Thier defense is gonna be one of the better defenses in the league again,but they won't be as dominant this year.

Third Place: Cinncinati Bengals (8-8)-- Thier offense will still be hella explosive and one of the most underrated backs in the division,Rudi Johnson,will have another very good season.However,thier defense still leaves a lot to be desired.Not to mention all the distaction from offseason arrests and Marvin Lewis' denial about his team chocked full of criminals.

Fourth Place: Cleveland Browns (4-12)-- They will once again go winless in the division.This is a team on the rise,just not this year.They are building a solid foundation that will bear fruit in 2008,when they should have Baxter back 100% healthy,and possibly have center Lecharles Bentley back.Frye will start the season,but I don't see much productivity from him.So I say about gave 5 or 6 Quinn will become the starting QB.He'll have a rough start,but by week 10 I think he will have caught up with the speed of the game and start showing that he would have been worth the #3 pick in the draft.

SteelCityMan786
06-10-2007, 11:03 AM
First Place: Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)-- Big Ben bounces back and has the Comeback Player of the Year season.Ward eclipses 1,000 yards,as does Santonio Holmes while Heath Miller has a coming-out party with 70 catches for 10 TD's and about 800 yards (give or take).This year,our defense will pressure the QB more.That is part of the reason our secondary played like crap so much last year.Polamalu will be heal;thy the entire year,Anothony Smith will knock some heads off of people,and Ike will play like he did in 2005.

Second Place: Baltimore Ravens (10-6)-- McGahee won't be this 7,000 yard 5,000 TD machine everyone thinks he is going to become.He'll probally have Jamal Lewis circa 2006 numbers behind that line,which is a marked improvment over what he did in Buffalo.McNair will have a good season,getting back into his comfort level with Mason and finding Heap in the red zone a lot.Thier defense is gonna be one of the better defenses in the league again,but they won't be as dominant this year.

Third Place: Cinncinati Bengals (8-8)-- Thier offense will still be hella explosive and one of the most underrated backs in the division,Rudi Johnson,will have another very good season.However,thier defense still leaves a lot to be desired.Not to mention all the distaction from offseason arrests and Marvin Lewis' denial about his team chocked full of criminals.

Fourth Place: Cleveland Browns (4-12)-- They will once again go winless in the division.This is a team on the rise,just not this year.They are building a solid foundation that will bear fruit in 2008,when they should have Baxter back 100% healthy,and possibly have center Lecharles Bentley back.Frye will start the season,but I don't see much productivity from him.So I say about gave 5 or 6 Quinn will become the starting QB.He'll have a rough start,but by week 10 I think he will have caught up with the speed of the game and start showing that he would have been worth the #3 pick in the draft.

Well Said :thumbsup:

Livinginthe past
06-10-2007, 11:10 AM

Some pretty big predictions there, Roethlisberger.

I'll bet you $5 that Miller has less than 60 receptions and $5 that the Ravens will finish above Pittsburgh.

Hows that sound?

FastWillieParker39
06-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Ravens 13 -3
Steelers 10-6 - Make playoffs as a wild card
Bengals 7-9
Browns 4-12

Smashmouth225
06-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Steelers-11-5 AFC North champs; IMO too much talent on both sides of the ball for another 8-8 year.

Ravens-9-7- Wild card @ best; last year should have been their year. I don't think Mcnair stays healthy all year. Good team but for some reason i don't think this team is as scary as the media makes them out to be.

Bengals-8-8- This team will miss Chris Henry believe that. Defense didn't improve plus too many knuckleheads who can't stay out of trouble on this team.

Browns-5-11-You already know. Talent in some areas but this team as a whole is mediocre.

OneForTheToe
06-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Ratbirds - 11-5. -- Not as good as last season, but still a good team. Ravens still best D in division. As long as McNair is healthy, they can score just enough. The Ravens have some players getting long in the tooth, so if they are going to make a run, it has to be this year and maybe next. Also, unfortunately, until the Steelers prove they can handle that D the Ravens have all the confidence in the world against us..

Steelers - 10-6 --We will rebound well this year. I expect Ben to play much better. Willie will be Willie, which is good. The D will be strong. The biggest questions are the meshing of the new coaches and the play of the O'line. The Steelers have the second best D (and probably offense) in the division. A wildcard birth is the likely result, and I think we should win some once we get in the playoffs. Remember, while the coaching staff is new, there are players on this team that know what it takes to win in the playoffs -- including the starting QB.

The only reasons I am not predicting a better record is the aforementioed new coaching situation and the fact that I think the Steelers schedule is tougher than many here seem to think. Teams like Buffalo and San Fran are not likely to be the pushovers they once were.

Bungles -- 9-7--The best offense in the division (at least on work release). Still, the D is uninspiring. Also, with all the other distractions, I'm thinking (thankfully) there will be no major rebound for this team. Outside chance of wildcard.

Brownies 4-12.-- Hey, I predicted that three teams in our division would have winning records; someone has to pay the price. The Browns did have the potential for a decent draft, but even if that draft does prove to be fruitful, they are a few years (and maybe a coach) away. The D will still be pores. Even if the Browns are better, I'd be surprised if they could win a game in the division. That pretty much puts them behind the 8 ball from the start. So sad, I am not.

SteelersMongol
06-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Nicely done you guys. As for me I don't wanna say anything or give any numbers for this year. I don't even know as much as half of you guys and haven't looked at the divisional opponents' schedules yet. Last year I said we're gonna be 12-4 and ended up with dissappointing 8-8. Though all I'm gonna say is it's between the Ratbirds and us. That's it. I'm not gonna say anything about the Clowns and the Bungholes aren't gonna be any trouble for us (as 2005 season was their one lucky season). I'm optimistic and it won't be changed even after 8-8 season. We'll kick some Ratbirds a$$. 2007, here we come.

ChronoCross
06-10-2007, 02:10 PM
1. Steelers - 12-4 - Big Rebound
2. Ratbirds - 10-6 - Defense took a hit and is getting older, Mcgahee behind a line that has taking hits and heck they only avg what just a little over 80 yards a game as it was so with Mcgahee they might get what 84 yards a game since McGahee is only a .2 ypg avg over lewis. They have no big play making ability.
3. JailHouseRock - 9-7 - Chris Henry is a big loss, and CJ only has good games here and there and has never scored on the Steelers. And there defense got sent up north.
4. DogHouse - 4-12 - Lack of coaching and talent that is always like a reject toy and always breaking down.

FastWillieParker39
06-10-2007, 08:00 PM
God forbid we post any of these predictions on Ravens, Bengals, or even Browns message boards they would have a fit.

HometownGal
06-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Sorry guys. I do feel the Steelers will get into the playoffs this season as a W/C, but with McNair behind center (as long as he stays healthy), McGahee in the backfield and their D pretty much still intact, I gotta pick them (blech) to win the AFCN this season. :yuck::yuck: Please let me be wrong.

Ratfinks 11-5
Steelers 10-6
Bungles 8-8
Browns 6-10

stillers4me
06-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Sorry guys. I do feel the Steelers will get into the playoffs this season as a W/C, but with McNair behind center (as long as he stays healthy), McGahee in the backfield and their D pretty much still intact, I gotta pick them (blech) to win the AFCN this season. :yuck::yuck: Please let me be wrong.

Ratfinks 11-5
Steelers 10-6
Bungles 8-8
Browns 6-10

A pox on you, sister!! :sofunny:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-10-2007, 08:58 PM

Ratfinks 11-5
Steelers 10-6
Bungles 8-8
Browns 6-10

But they lost Adalius Thomas and thats a big blow to their defense...Gay Ray is a year older and isn't the same player anymore.....It took a miracle for Steve McNair to make through all 16 games last year...I doubt he does that again....Their Oline took some hits but the drafting of Ben Grubbs was a solid move....I'm not worried about Willis McGahee...He is a good RB but is vastly over-rated. I smell an 8-9 win season for the Ratbirds....

I think the North comes down between the Bengals and Steelers....But I have been so wrong before so who knows......:sofunny:

HometownGal
06-10-2007, 10:10 PM
A pox you, sister!! :sofunny:

Me sorry. LOL!

Dan - I know McNair is somewhat injury prone, but damn - that SOB is like a cat with 9 lives and has always played the Steelers tough, whether with the Titans or Rats. When he is under center, it is hard to count those inbreds out of any game, unfortunately. He reminds me a lot of the Mooner, though I think Moon had a more accurate arm.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Me sorry. LOL!

Dan - I know McNair is somewhat injury prone, but damn - that SOB is like a cat with 9 lives and has always played the Steelers tough, whether with the Titans or Rats. When he is under center, it is hard to count those inbreds out of any game, unfortunately. He reminds me a lot of the Mooner, though I think Moon had a more accurate arm.

I know but McNair has used all of those 9 lives up I think....Plus I think the Ratbirds are going to miss Adalius Thomas bigtime...He was their best defensive player.....The Ratbirds come back to earth this year..Just like in 2001 when alot of people thought that defense was going to carry them to back to back Super Bowls...The Ratbirds are over-rated....:tt02:

Steel Pit
06-12-2007, 04:12 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) I don't need to give any explanation for this prediction. The Steelers had 12-4 talent last season but as we all know, too many things went against them predominately the Big Ben injuries and the who gives a crap attitude exhibited by Bill Cowher.

Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) Sure the Bengals have some talent on offense but that's the only positive to speak of with this organization. I disagree with a former post indicating that Rudi Johnson is underrated. I think that a lot of RB's would flourish in the Bengals system due to their legitimate passing threat keeping opposing defenses on their heels.

Baltimore Ravens (9-7) Besides hating the Ravens, I just dont feel that they're that good of a team. They've lost Adalias Thomas and Jamal Lewis. They were solid last season but the playoffs gave you a taste of the true Ravens, a Ravens team that benefited from the misfortunes of the Steelers and Bengals.

Cleveland Browns (7-9) Yeah, they'll improve, SLIGHTLY.

Buzz05
06-12-2007, 08:38 AM

Ratfinks 11-5
Steelers 10-6
Bungles 8-8
Browns 6-10

Thats pretty much my same prediction with one small change. I think Bmore goes 12-4. Its being reported that Ray Ray 'is in the best shape of his career.' But personally I just think he got one of the 12 paternity suites off of his back. If he is then their defense will be real real dangerous. McNair will be McNair and play well in the regular season then bomb out in the playoffs. The thing that will be the telling sign for the this team wont be Mcgahee...it will be the passing game. McGahee will get around 900-1000 yards behind a solid O-Line but if the recievers make strides and preform better then last year when they were better then expected then this will be a dangerous offense.

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 02:17 PM
***Disclaimer: This post favors the Baltimore Ravens and MAY offend Steeler Fans***

The Ravens return 18 of 22 starters, and besides Adalius Thomas we lost Jamal Lewis, Tony Pashos, and Ovie Mughalli(sp). Big losses eh? We upgraded at running back, and it puzzles me that you keep saying Mcnair will be injured. Throughout his career Mcnair has been a PROVEN ironman and our pass coverage is good enough to keep him from being hit. He was (besides our AFC semifinal playoff game) the most clutch QB in the NFL, our O-line only lacks at getting to the second level and protecting the running back, which we upgraded at.

Finally, please please tell me how you guys have improved over the past few years. You've lost Plaxico Burres, Bill Cohwer, Antwan Randel El, Jerome Bettis, and Joey Porter. But you have gained...oh wait nothing.

The Ravens are so stacked that we had no needs at all in the draft, except maybe an O-line or two. I do, however, enjoy reading you guys talking about how an 8-8 team, who went on a tear late in the season and was lucky to get to .500, will overtake the 13-3 Ravens with the best defense a top ten passing offense an upgraded running attack and a superb coaching staff. Good luck with that.

Why don't you take a look at the schedules, the ravens could very, very likely start off the season 9-0, and finish 13-3 again although im predicting an 11-5 or 12-4 season becasue the Ravens don't need to prove anything. When I look at the Steelers schedule, I see a one time wonder quarterback and a young, naive coach trying to beat teams in a division where every team is a legitimate challenge. The Bengals are still good enough to outscore you, the Browns aren't very good but will steal a game, and the Ravens are better on both sides of the ball.

Ravens players to watch out for: Ray Lewis, Steve Mcnair, Willis Mcgahee, Ed Reed, Jonathan Ogden, Derrick Mason, Mark Clayton, Terell Suggs, Bart Scott.

Steelers players to watch out for: Hines Ward, Willie Parker, Troy Palamalu.

Mcnair has had a full offseason to get into the groove of the offense. Think about it, this time last year Mcnair did not know a single play in the ravens playbook. Now he knows every single one inside out and has nothing to worry about on or off the field. Even last year, the Ravens were 10th in passing offense and Mcnair started every single game.

Sorry for not commenting much on the Steelers but they're a boring, old, has-been team who think theyre really good. This was a taste of reality for you, now please tell me why you have the Ravens losing the division to the Steelers. Sorry for spelling.

Kthnxbai.

HometownGal
06-12-2007, 02:31 PM
***Disclaimer: This post favors the Baltimore Ravens and MAY offend Steeler Fans***

It doesn't shock me that the people on these boards with the higher post count predict that the Ravens will win the division and the guys with 10 posts say OMG STEELERS DIVISON CHAMPS 12-4 SO MUCH TALENT RATBIRDS BLOW ASS.

The Ravens return 18 of 22 starters, and besides Adalius Thomas we lost Jamal Lewis, Tony Pashos, and Ovie Mughalli(sp). Big losses eh? We upgraded at running back, and it puzzles me that you keep saying Mcnair will be injured. Throughout his career Mcnair has been a PROVEN ironman and our pass coverage is good enough to keep him from being hit. He was (besides our AFC semifinal playoff game) the most clutch QB in the NFL, our O-line only lacks at getting to the second level and protecting the running back, which we upgraded at.

Finally, please please tell me how you guys have improved over the past few years. You've lost Plaxico Burres, Bill Cohwer, Antwan Randel El, Jerome Bettis, and Joey Porter. But you have gained...oh wait nothing.

The Ravens are so stacked that we had no needs at all in the draft, except maybe an O-line or two. I do, however, enjoy reading you guys talking about how an 8-8 team, who went on a tear late in the season and was lucky to get to .500, will overtake the 13-3 Ravens with the best defense a top ten passing offense an upgraded running attack and a superb coaching staff. Good luck with that.

Why don't you take a look at the schedules, the ravens could very, very likely start off the season 9-0, and finish 13-3 again although im predicting an 11-5 or 12-4 season becasue the Ravens don't need to prove anything. When I look at the Steelers schedule, I see a one time wonder quarterback and a young, naive coach trying to beat teams in a division where every team is a legitimate challenge. The Bengals are still good enough to outscore you, the Browns aren't very good but will steal a game, and the Ravens are better on both sides of the ball.

Ravens players to watch out for: Ray Lewis, Steve Mcnair, Willis Mcgahee, Ed Reed, Jonathan Ogden, Derrick Mason, Mark Clayton, Terell Suggs, Bart Scott.

Mcnair has had a full offseason to get into the groove of the offense. Think about it, this time last year Mcnair did not know a single play in the ravens playbook. Now he knows every single one inside out and has nothing to worry about on or off the field. Even last year, the Ravens were 10th in passing offense and Mcnair started every single game.

Sorry for not commenting much on the Steelers but they're a boring, old, has-been team who think theyre really good. This was a taste of reality for you, now please tell me why you have the Ravens losing the division to the Steelers. Sorry for spelling.

Kthnxbai.

Well, Baltimore - using your theory on post counts, you should be saying OMG Steelers 12-4. :toofunny: Honestly - post counts don't mean jack diddly do.

Because I don't wear black and gold colored glasses and am a realist, I picked the Rats to win the AFCN this season for the reasons set forth in my prior post. However, as you well know, anything can happen in that division, so I don't totally count the Steelers out. We are going into this season kind of on an "unknown" because of all the coaching changes, etc., and may need this season to adjust and gel. This doesn't mean that I don't see the Steelers back on top in the AFCN for a long while in the very near future. While the Rats D is still among the elite in the league, they are an aging D, while the Steelers have a host of young up and coming players ready to take over for our vets. Be afraid in the coming years.....be VERY afraid. :banana:

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
I hear what you're saying, but what alot of outsiders may not realize is that the Ravens defense is not a lot of very good players. It's a system. Once your born into the Ravens defense you bond with the players off the field and are a pivotal part of what goes down. Look at the past coaching staff of the defense. Mike Nolan (Current Head Coach) Jack Del Rio (Current Head Coach) Marvin Lewis (Current Head Coach) Mike Singaltary (Current Defensive Coordinator). Past players have included Rod Woodson, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Adalius Thomas, Ed Hartwell, Blah blah blah but it's not about those pro bowl players. Other crucial pieces have been Bart Scott, Kelly Gregg, Will Demps, Dwan Landry. All players under the radar. It's not about the defense getting older, you plug in a new player and it'll be the same defense. As is evident because after losing almost all those people i mentioned above the Ravens boasted the best defense in almost every crucial catagory last year.

By the way, gonna love beating you Monday Night in front of everyone week 9 to top off our easiest opening schedule in history, your our last easy game before we begin playing real teams.

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 02:47 PM

Kthnxbai.

disclaimer- you will not like my response.

the ravens have a bad (yet predictable) habit of getting full of themselves and then falling flat, every year after they win the division. the playbook brian st. pierre gave them is now obsolete, and for crying out loud, your team struggles against defensive powerhouses such as cinncinatti and indianapolis. having teams like the browns and titans take you down to the wire is commonplace. eeking out a win against the chargers is considered a huge victory.

what little upgrades the ravens made is erased with their collective age. theres too many key players who can break down at any time, and alot of the excellent depth has moved into starters roles.

another bad habit is thinking theyve got games won before they ever take the field. i presume they will show up against the steelers with the same intensity that the steelers approached the raiders with last year. i think how they handle the patriots this year will be a true test. unfortunately if they win, they will act like they won the superbowl, get full of themselves once again, and fall flat.

maybe its from poor leadership, or maybe its because ego is their motivation. whatever it is, it hasnt been proven a consistant winning formula.

Crushzilla
06-12-2007, 02:48 PM
I hear what you're saying, but what alot of outsiders may not realize is that the Ravens defense is not a lot of very good players. It's a system. Once your born into the Ravens defense you bond with the players off the field and are a pivotal part of what goes down. Look at the past coaching staff of the defense. Mike Nolan (Current Head Coach) Jack Del Rio (Current Head Coach) Marvin Lewis (Current Head Coach) Mike Singaltary (Current Defensive Coordinator. Past players have included Rod Woodson, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Adalius Thomas, Ed Hartwell, Blah blah blah but it's not about those pro bowl players. Other crucial pieces have been Bart Scott, Kelly Gregg, Will Demps, Dwan Landry. All players under the radar. It's not about the defense getting older, you plug in a new player and it'll be the same defense.

That's the mark of a consistently good defense. As much as they are a rival, they truly are a tribute to hard nose football. The team wins on the defensive side of the ball. Their offense is usually unimpressive, yet they usually have solid years.

Edman
06-12-2007, 02:53 PM

It doesn't shock me that the people on these boards with the higher post count predict that the Ravens will win the division and the guys with 10 posts say OMG STEELERS DIVISON CHAMPS 12-4 SO MUCH TALENT RATBIRDS BLOW ASS.

Kthnxbai.

Starting out 2-6, with most of the games lost on idiotic turnovers and dealing with a lame duck coach, then coming back and winning 6 or the last 8 games to finish the season, I say that's pretty good.

Crow now, Raven Fan. The Raves are tough, but if they share your homer attitude that all they need to do is make it to the game to win, they'll get a serious wakeup call. The Ravens compiled that 13-3 record on a third place schedule and surprising some teams. This year is not the case. You have tougher competition and the league is on to you. Be wary of that, that's all.

The Steelers won the Super Bowl and returned most of their starters in 2006. We learned that it doesn't mean crap the next season. Winning the AFC North one season doesn't mean that you're guaranteed to win it the next. BTW, your Ravens have developed a nasty habit of underachieving under Brian Billick. They fall for their own hype, get big headed, then fall flat. They got ****y before last years playoff game against the Colts. You know what happened. Already you have Willis McGahee predicting they'll be playing in the Super Bowl.

The Steelers finished in the top 10 in both offense and defense despite all of the crap during that 8-8 season. I'm pointing this out since you want to dip into team stats. Don't underestimate the Steelers.

In the end, you're no better than these 'homers' who had the Steelers winning the division. All we can base on is last year, which is over.

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Mike Nolan (Current Head Coach) Jack Del Rio (Current Head Coach) Marvin Lewis (Current Head Coach) Mike Singaltary (Current Defensive Coordinator). Past players have included Rod Woodson, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Adalius Thomas, Ed Hartwell, Blah blah blah but it's not about those pro bowl players.i gotta laugh at the fan of a team thats been in the league 10 years trying to school steelerfans on replacing pro bowl defenders and staying on top.

thats a long list of head coaches entering the league through the baltimore pipeline. i guess that playoff win list from those coaches is even longer. i wonder who baltimore adopted that 3-4 scheme they use and have found success with? ex steeler assistant marvin lewis. what a joke

HometownGal
06-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Ravens players to watch out for: Ray Lewis

True. You never know what Stabbit Ray is up to behind your back.....literally. (Sorry - just HAD to). :flap:

http://www.sportspickle.com/features/volume3/2004-1110-lewis.jpg

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Hahahahah. Yeah because its Baltimore's fault that Irsay took the Colts away from us in the middle of the night right? Some of us have been around long enough to have heard of the Colts playing a few games and I've heard enough stories of Johnny Unitas to last a lifetime. Nice try though on telling me how my team is so new and I don't know anything because my football team has only been here for 11 years.

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I like how the Steelers won the superbowl as a wildcard and the world opened its eyes to the threat of a motivated sixth seed hungry to win. News flash: The Ravens did the same thing but six years earlier with the best single season defense ever. I went to the World Series game in '79 in Pittsburgh and vowed never to go back to that horrendus city again, and I was twelve years old at the time.

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2007, 03:19 PM
and I was twelve years old at the time.

And here I thought you were twelve years old....

I'm not even going to bother getting into a Baltimore vs Pittsburgh city battle. Between being ranked most livable city and after watching one episode of "The Wire" I think it's pretty obvious.

It's been fun, but I'm done here.

HometownGal
06-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I went to the World Series game in '79 in Pittsburgh and vowed never to go back to that horrendus city again, and I was twelve years old at the time.

Pittsburgh was rated the most liveable city this year. And where was Baltimore on that list?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07116/781162-53.stm

1. Pittsburgh

2.San Francisco

3.Seattle, Wash.

4.Portland, Ore.

5.Philadelphia.

6.Rochester, N.Y.

7.Washington, D.C.

8.San Jose-Sunnyvale, Calif.

9.Boston

10.Madison, Wis.

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Hahahahah. Yeah because its Baltimore's fault that Irsay took the Colts away from us in the middle of the night right? Some of us have been around long enough to have heard of the Colts playing a few games and I've heard enough stories of Johnny Unitas to last a lifetime. Nice try though on telling me how my team is so new and I don't know anything because my football team has only been here for 11 years.this has nothing to do with the colts. this has to do with the baltimore defensive system that you were thumping your chest because it created 3 head coaches.

big deal. the steelers defensive system has been churning out coaches for years, whether its bud carson or tony dungy, all the way to the multiple head coaches of the cowher era. im just waiting for you to start saying the baltimore system tought rod woodson how to intercept a pass.

in 11 years the ravens have been in 1 afc champ game and 1 superbowl, on the heels of a wild card berth. no you were not the 6th seed. and as much as you wanna brag about youre teams defense, it still got pounded by the likes of jerome bettis, eddie george, and emmitt smith (pretty much the only top notch running backs it faced that year.)

great defense, sorry offense, poorest sb team ever, who was quickly knocked out of the playoffs by the steelers when they were supposed to have gotten better with grbac. those times are long gone and they will not help you this year. that hunger for a ring was quenched by fat contracts and repeated off season hype of being favorites to win the sb.

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 03:31 PM
How does that list have any credibility at all. I live near D.C. and southeast has one of the highest crime rates in the nation. Baltimore is the top i believe. Not even going to lie.

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 03:36 PM
The ravens do not choose to be the favorite to win, it is what it is. I'm sorry that we have exciting players like Ray and Ed who make you want to watch games. I understand that even if Roflburger retired right now he would be headed to the HOF its compltetly true because he is that amazing with 23 picks in 15 games; but besides that there really is noone to watch except for maybe Jerome Bettis or Joey Porter or Bill Cowher now theyre fun to watch. Oh wait..

Buzz05
06-12-2007, 03:48 PM
How does that list have any credibility at all. I live near D.C. and southeast has one of the highest crime rates in the nation. Baltimore is the top i believe. Not even going to lie.

No Baltimore is no 2 behind detroit. But its still a hell whole of a city none the less. And I do have a question for you. If the ravens can't help being so good then why is it everytime a big game rolls into town they choke. The Colts game in the playoffs...gag...the Colts at the beginning of 2005...gag. Ill admit you had our number last year. But as soon as the stakes are raised Ray Ray and his little Purple People Eaters cant handle the pressue.

And from the way you make it sound its as if the Ravens fans are behind them 100%...why is it in 2005 when you guys were terrible no one wanted to admit to even having a football team. M & T Bank stadium was about 75% Steeler fans that year. Yeah some "Purple Pride."

Although I did find it kind of funny how when the playoffs rolled around they came out with those stupid ' Its Huntin' Season' T-shirts...very original by the way :coffee:

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 03:50 PM
The ravens do not choose to be the favorite to win, it is what it is. ..you are sorry... because it is what it is. just fan created hype. the ravens dont chose it and neither does any national media. if anything the ravens might be talked about in the past of having a chance to beat the patriots in the playoffs but thats about it. of course the last time they got that type of media attention steelers came off a 6-10 year to a 15-1 season and had your team tapping out with 5 games left to play. it was exciting to watch your team completely give up, thats for sure.

the ravens are not a big draw for ratings. ed reed has taken a back seat to polamalu as far as safeties go, and ray lewis isnt even the best lb on your team. hasnt been for quite a while. his last game he was a huge impact was in the superbowl 7 years ago. rays act is tired. infact hes nothing more than a defensive version of chad johnson minus the actual production. but you seem to be an apologist... so i'll get it out for you-

im sorry if ray is overrayted. "its not his fault". he never asked to be so overrayted.

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 03:57 PM
That was amusing. 75% steelers fans, Ray Lewis not the best lineback..hah. As you live in Baltimore you probably know that every single game since the Ravens came back into existance has been sold out at the stadium and it has been rated one of the nicest in the NFL. Ray Lewis isn't the best linebacker huh? You're trying to be really smart by saying that this all-world hall of fame top linebacker ever isnt the best anymore. He was 30 last season, not that old, and he led the team in sacks. Its not the interceptions or sacks that define him as the best or worst linebacker. Its the fact that people run out of bounds and QB's slide when they hear him coming. He causes recievers to drop passes when he hits them of they hear him coming. The intangibles are what you don't get. You think that Ray isn't the best LB just like you think that the Steelers D in '76 was the best ever. That defense couldn't turn games around like the 2000 Ravens could, and you had an erratic but nonetheless good Offense in the 70's.

But you're right, it is hard to be the best for Ray when hes been on the best linebacking core in the league for 4 or 5 years.

By the way, who do you think is better, even though Suggs, Scott, Thomas, and others have been all pro they dont bring a tenth of the intensity 52 does and dont motivate the entire team.

Buzz05
06-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Are you kidding me? They were publically pleading with fans not to sell their tickets to Steelers fans during the 2005 season because they didnt want a repeat of the year before...And yes unfortunately I do live in baltimore and I am aware they have a very impressive stadium and have sold out every game...too bad some of the games are inhabited by the opposing teams fans...thats all.

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Are you kidding me? They were publically pleading with fans not to sell their tickets to Steelers fans during the 2005 season because they didnt want a repeat of the year before...And yes unfortunately I do live in baltimore and I am aware they have a very impressive stadium and have sold out every game...too bad some of the games are inhabited by the opposing teams fans...thats all.

"I hated putting on that purple uniform, and I hated that raven bird. What really ticked me off is when we played Pittsburgh our whole stadium seemed to be filled with Pittsburgh fans." - Tackle Orlando Brown, on playing in Baltimore for Art Modell's Ravens (1999).

Enough said.

Buzz05
06-12-2007, 04:04 PM
"I hated putting on that purple uniform, and I hated that raven bird. What really ticked me off is when we played Pittsburgh our whole stadium seemed to be filled with Pittsburgh fans." - Tackle Orlando Brown, on playing in Baltimore for Art Modell's Ravens (1999).

Enough said.

Game, Set, Match...

Thanks for the back up on that 83

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Whos Orlando Brown. Ohhhh that guy who cost us the playoff game in 2004 against the Titans with three Personal Fouls for 45 yards. Oh the guy who gave up 17 sacks in one season. Oh the guy who critisizes a Hall of Fame owner. Credible guy you got right there.

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 04:12 PM
And that happens with every single over hyped nationally followed team. The Yankees and the Redsox have every stadium they go to filled with all their fans. Just like the Steelers did when they were tearing up the regular season and flopping in the post-season.

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Whos Orlando Brown. Ohhhh that guy who cost us the playoff game in 2004 against the Titans with three Personal Fouls for 45 yards. Oh the guy who gave up 17 sacks in one season. Oh the guy who critisizes a Hall of Fame owner. Credible guy you got right there.

Oh, is he blind? I didn't know that. If I knew he couldn't see those B&G jersey's in the crowd I would have never used him as a source. My bad..

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Congratulation on 95% of your fan base being fair-weathered fans. Big ups.

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 04:17 PM
kreider and jerome alway ate ray for lunch. hines ward looks up players like ray going across the middle. his intimidation tactics are about as scary as chad johnson fed exing bottles of pepto bismol. dont buy into the hype ray spoonfeeds you all. its all pre game bravado and chatter. sure, he hits hard and makes tackles. lots of people do. thats what they get paid to do. nobody but ravens fans really care about rays act, and thats because hes the best thing the ravens have ever had (ill give them that).

hes possibly the greatest male cheerleader the league has ever seen. "are the dogs in the house? woof woof woof"

lol

83-Steelers-43
06-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Congratulation on 95% of your fan base being fair-weathered fans. Big ups.

LOL, now that's funny. This kid is good.

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 04:18 PM
hes possibly the greatest defensive player the league has ever seen.

Fixed.

stlrtruck
06-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Hall of Fame owner.

Are you serious? The guy took a storied franchise out of one town only to move it to a city that only beginning saling out when they started winning! As much as I hate Cleveland, Modell screwed them harder than a prostitue standing at the inner harbor!!!!

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Don't even go there, bro. You don't have the first clue of what happened in the mistake by the lake. Art asked the local government for money to build a new stadium repeatedly for years because the current one in Clevland had water leakages, a shortage of space, a lousy franchise, and uncomfortable viewing conditions in general. When they built a new basketball stadium and rock and roll hall of fame infront of him, he was faced with a choice. Sell your team or move them to a city willing to endorse you and build a new stadium. He choose the later like any sensible man would do who loved being around the game; and 4 years later won a superbowl. He will be in the hall of fame and the idiot Clevland fans will come just to boo him.

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Beginning to sell out when they were good? Baltimore sold out starting when they played their first game in their existance against the raiders in '96 up until they lost to the Colts in 2007. Don't talk about what you don't know, hun. The city had one of the most storied franchises ever in the Colts if you want to talk about allusive franchises and Irsay took them away, taking the colors and logo when Modell left that for the Browns.

paw-n-maul-u
06-12-2007, 04:40 PM
"Its not the interceptions or sacks that define him as the best or worst linebacker. Its the fact that people run out of bounds and QB's slide when they hear him coming. He causes recievers to drop passes when he hits them of they hear him coming. The intangibles are what you don't get."

While i don't agree with some of the more passionate fans about his role as a male cheerleader ... I do believe that you over rate his intangibles ... Just a few questions for you ...

Does Ray Lewis have distinct sounding footsteps?

What QB's DONT slide? are you being serious? ...

Haha oh boy ... and he even causes receivers to drop passes ... even when he HITS them!?!?

If sacks,tackles,INT's dont define the best/worst LBer ... than what does, murder chargers/amount of money given to the daughter in a settlement for her father that he "didnt kill"

More on the ravens from a previous post:

Their receivers are mediocre ...

Their self proclaimed best back in the NFL (baaahahaha willis you idiot!!!) isn't all that much of an upgrade of J. Lewis. Speaking of which, you pretty much knew what you were going to get with lewis. consistency (maybe not in 05' ... but last year was not too shabby at all ... maybe not as explosive, but still punishing running style that wears u down)
... maybe its just me ... but I've always thought McGahee to be a bit of a joke myself ... well ... not a joke ... but i think he gets a little too much credit.

Their corners, Rolle and McAlister ... are both flirting with 30 and I think it's already apparent that their skills are declining a bit.

Their offensive line is no spring chicken either, although they did a really good job building for the future with grubbs/yanda ... (i prayed to the heavens on draft day that we woulda slid down a little and snatched up grubbs+a pick) ... still coulda got woodley too ... oh well.

Their D-line is just scary good tho, and thats what worries me ... a lot.

Suggs,Pryce,Ngata ... are you serious?

I also think bart scott is more of a product of how good that side with suggs/lewis/thomas was ... not to mention hes getting paths cleared by ngata/pryce

MACH1
06-12-2007, 04:46 PM

All I hear are excuses, why this happened, that happened, we lost this, we lost that. :dang:

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 04:46 PM
"Its not the interceptions or sacks that define him as the best or worst linebacker. Its the fact that people run out of bounds and QB's slide when they hear him coming. He causes recievers to drop passes when he hits them of they hear him coming. The intangibles are what you don't get."

While i don't agree with some of the more passionate fans about his role as a male cheerleader ... I do believe that you over rate his intangibles ... Just a few questions for you ...

Does Ray Lewis have distinct sounding footsteps?

What QB's DONT slide? are you being serious? ...

Haha oh boy ... and he even causes receivers to drop passes ... even when he HITS them!?!?

If sacks,tackles,INT's dont define the best/worst LBer ... than what does, murder chargers/amount of money given to the daughter in a settlement for her father that he "didnt kill"

More on the ravens from a previous post:

Their receivers are mediocre ...

Their self proclaimed best back in the NFL (baaahahaha willis you idiot!!!) isn't all that much of an upgrade of J. Lewis. Speaking of which, you pretty much knew what you were going to get with lewis. consistency (maybe not in 05' ... but last year was not too shabby at all ... maybe not as explosive, but still punishing running style that wears u down)
... maybe its just me ... but I've always thought McGahee to be a bit of a joke myself ... well ... not a joke ... but i think he gets a little too much credit.

Their corners, Rolle and McAlister ... are both flirting with 30 and I think it's already apparent that their skills are declining a bit.

Their offensive line is no spring chicken either, although they did a really good job building for the future with grubbs/yanda ... (i prayed to the heavens on draft day that we woulda slid down a little and snatched up grubbs+a pick) ... still coulda got woodley too ... oh well.

Their D-line is just scary good tho, and thats what worries me ... a lot.

Suggs,Pryce,Ngata ... are you serious?

I also think bart scott is more of a product of how good that side with suggs/lewis/thomas was ... not to mention hes getting paths cleared by ngata/pryce

The point I was trying to make is that alot of players on the field know where Ray Lewis is at all times. Quarterbacks are a bit more reluctant to fling the long passes into even single coverage against the Ravens defense, and Ray Lewis is a huge part of that becasue he talks shit all the time. Don't even try to tell me that players lower their head and run into Ray Lewis.

You do know a bit about the Ravens but aren't giving credit to the recievers where credit is due. Clayton will more than likely be a pro bowler this year, he lead the team last year in reception edging out Derick Mason who is 3rd in the league over the past five years (Prior to 2006) in receptions. Todd Heap is a top three tight end in the league also and there are other role players who can complement them. Rolle and Mcalister have been all-pro's for a while now, of course they are going to decline because its hard to top what theyve done, but they are still some of the most dominant pass coverage in the league. Noone has deemed Mcgahee the next best thing, hes just better than Lewis. Our rushing attack was 28th last year out of 32 teams, no matter how explosive Jamal was he was a one time wonder. As for Bart Scott, you can say that about every single Ravens player drafted or brought in early in his career. Reed, Mcalister, Suggs, even Lewis all had people clearing holes for them because the Ravens D has always been dominant.

As for the O-line your right, theyre young and inexperienced. Our only real weakness going into this year, but still with Grubbs and Mike Flynn and Ogden, still in the top 10 in terms of pass coverage.

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 04:51 PM
I mean Ed Reed, Chris Mcalister, and Samari Rolle in coverage is a top five secondary.

Ngata, Trevor Pryce, Kelly Gregg, and Terrel Suggs is a top five D-line.

Suggs, Ray Lewis, and Bart Scott even with the departure of Thomas is the best linebacking core.

You can't really knock on the D.

revefsreleets
06-12-2007, 05:03 PM
I think it's only fair, since i live in Cleveland, to chime in and say that Art Modell should NEVER be allowed to even walk into the HOF, let alone be inducted. There were very valid reasons for the way things happened the way they did, and they started with great greed on Modell's part and his absolute refusal to cooperate with the gateway project (Jacobs Field and the Q, which, as of tonight, will both have hosted championship games). He was also a liar and lied to the people of Cleveland over and over and over, and he was sneaky bum and snuck his team out of town overnight.

Modell is a bum, and the Ravens are the least popular team in the entire NFL. That is no accident.

paw-n-maul-u
06-12-2007, 05:03 PM
The point I was trying to make is that alot of players on the field know where Ray Lewis is at all times. Quarterbacks are a bit more reluctant to fling the long passes into even single coverage against the Ravens defense, and Ray Lewis is a huge part of that becasue he talks shit all the time. Don't even try to tell me that players lower their head and run into Ray Lewis.

You do know a bit about the Ravens but aren't giving credit to the recievers where credit is due. Rolle and Mcalister have been all-pro's for a while now, of course they are going to decline because its hard to top what theyve done, but they are still some of the most dominant pass coverage in the league. Noone has deemed Mcgahee the next best thing, hes just better than Lewis. Our rushing attack was 28th last year out of 32 teams, no matter how explosive Jamal was he was a one time wonder. As for Bart Scott, you can say that about every single Ravens player drafted or brought in early in his career. Reed, Mcalister, Suggs, even Lewis all had people clearing holes for them because the Ravens D has always been dominant.

you don't even make sense now ... are you saying that, because of Ray Lewis pregame antics/retard dance that QB's will avoid taking shots in single coverage? Ofcourse, noone who has the ball in their hands RUNS INTO ray lewis ... isn't the object to run AROUND him and get into the endzone?

Your right ... no one deemed him the next best thing ... he deemed himself that. fuggin idiot.

One time wonder comment-stupid. Coke deals and jail is what derailed his career. not talent. ... and hes still only what 27?

Rolle and McAllisters former all pro status doesnt do much for this year. sorry.

bahahhaha u lossseee!!!!!

HometownGal
06-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Its the fact that people run out of bounds and QB's slide when they hear him coming.

Ummmm - do you mean like Jerome Bettis? :toofunny::toofunny:

paw-n-maul-u
06-12-2007, 05:14 PM
"The point I was trying to make is that alot of players on the field know where Ray Lewis is at all times."

i would hope that ALL the other 21 players on the field know that he is well, a MLB, and that he is probably located somewhere between ROLB and LOLB ... and inbetween the secondary and D-line. ... I think he might also be trying to tackle the person with the ball.

And as far as your receivers and not getting enough credit? where is the credit due? If you didn't have a guy like Todd Heap to acct. for over the middle that offense would look like the oakland raiders.

lilyoder6
06-12-2007, 05:17 PM
The point I was trying to make is that alot of players on the field know where Ray Lewis is at all times.

no shit everyone knows where ray ray is.. he is a MLB which means he starts out in the Middle. also in the 3-4 he is just above the g/t area and just looking at the field from under center i think i could see him too.

Suggs, Ray Lewis, and Bart Scott even with the departure of Thomas is the best linebacking core.[B]

no i don't think that they are the best lb core.. last yr i would have to say the bears with urlacher, briggs and hillinmayer who w/e his name is.

[B]I mean Ed Reed, Chris Mcalister, and Samari Rolle in coverage is a top five secondary.

i would have to say ed reed is very good.. i am a ed reed fan. but chris and rolle both 30ish don't think they are in top 5. let me see troy, bailey, roy williams, the pats cb (can't remember his name) but just a few to name that i think to be better then chris and rolle

lilyoder6
06-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Baltimore sold out starting when they played their first game in their existance against the raiders in '96 up until they lost to the Colts in 2007.

u could be true but like u said up until 2007 they sold out b/c they finally relized that the ravens are not as good as evryone thought they were

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 06:30 PM
There is no reason for me to argue, theres not one person here who is going to agree. Its too bad that the Steelers are going to blow nuts this year and the Ravens will win the division. You won your superbowl two years ago and have as many championships as Baltimore now. Congratulations.

pEktaS
06-12-2007, 06:31 PM
baltimore is dirty i went there last year to see an orioles game cause i knew the guy pitching against them and ive never been so scared for my life driving through those slums so you guys got that going for you

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Baltimore sold out starting when they played their first game in their existance against the raiders in '96 up until they lost to the Colts in 2007.

u could be true but like u said up until 2007 they sold out b/c they finally relized that the ravens are not as good as evryone thought they were

Hahahaha when I said they sold out until they lost to the Colts in 2007 I meant the entire season because it ended in the playoffs with the colts, hey big guy that was the last Ravens game of the year. You actually thought I meant that people just stopped buying tickets...nice pick up.

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 06:33 PM
And as far as your receivers and not getting enough credit? where is the credit due? If you didn't have a guy like Todd Heap to acct. for over the middle that offense would look like the oakland raiders.

Your right, because the raiders have players like Jonathan Ogden, Derrick Mason, Mark Clayton, Steve Mcnair, and Willis Mcgahee. Good point man.

fansince'76
06-12-2007, 06:34 PM
There is no reason for me to argue, theres not one person here who is going to agree. Its too bad that the Steelers are going to blow nuts this year and the Ravens will win the division. You won your superbowl two years ago and have as many championships as Baltimore now. Congratulations.

I actually picked the Ravens to win the division this year in another thread, with the Steelers being one of the wild cards. Although I think we have too much talent to completely "blow nuts," I do foresee some growing pains with the new coaching staff. Time will tell - I just want football season to get here already, dammit!

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Yeah I feel ya with the season taking too long to start, but Pittsburgh doesn't have the easiest schedule and Baltimore has a much more promising one.

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Fixed.

you know anyone can pull that little stunt right?

we dont even need steve mcnair! kyle boller will beat him out in camp. he is underrated and never got an honest chance to win the job. it doesnt matter though. we drafted tha future in troy smith! he his smarter and better than tom brady with the arm strength of jamarcus russell.

whoa! pretty bold predections there, dont you think, champ? cant blame you though. even baltimhomers need something to wish for.

whats the ravens post season win total up to now? 4? :toofunny: that averages out to about 1 every 3 years. good luck

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 06:56 PM
you know anyone can pull that little stunt right?

whoa! pretty bold predections there, dont you think, champ? cant blame you though. even baltimhomers need something to wish for.

whats the ravens post season win total up to now? 4? :toofunny: that averages out to about 1 every 3 years. good luck

Calm yourself down, the Ravens have been in existance for 10 years. If Irsay had left Baltimore with their records/colors/logo then we would have the same number of championships as you and more postseason wins.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Great a Ratbirds fan....I just find it funny he mentions Tom Brady and Troy Smith in the same post......You really think Smith is the next Tom Brady? Yea and I'm banging Jessica Alba......lol

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Calm yourself down, the Ravens have been in existance for 10 years. If Irsay had left Baltimore with their records/colors/logo then we would have the same number of championships as you and more postseason wins. :blah: the ol brownsfan's argument huh? "we" is you and the ravens. "we" need to get over it. irsay took "his" team and moved it.

what are you gonna do, start lumping in all the browns and colts postseason wins together with the ravens and claim them as "your" own? lol.

you are a ravenfan. get used to it. if you wanna jump back on the colts bandwaggon dont let me stop you. until then, you are a fan of a team that has won 4 playoff games in 11 years. you can thump your chest all you want but steelerfans have been hearing that same old song and dance from ravenfans as long as they have had ray lewis. every year it is the same old story.

guess what? steelers, colts, and patriots have long since passed you by and left you in the dust to be forgotten.

the steelers have as many afc championship appearances as the ravens have playoff wins. nothing but personnel and the coach has changed with the steelers. nothing has changed with the ravens. expect the trends to continue.

the ravens actually winning a SB is perhaps the biggest fluke in SB history. try winning playoff games more than 1 year in a row and people may take your team a little more seriously.

even the freaking bengals were able to make it to the Sb more than the greatest 1 year wonder defense ever. has ray done any whining about getting blockers off him lately?

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Where the hell do i mention Tom Brady and Troy Smith.

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 07:25 PM
:blah: the ol brownsfan's argument huh? "we" is you and the ravens. "we" need to get over it. irsay took "his" team and moved it.

what are you gonna do, start lumping in all the browns and colts postseason wins together with the ravens and claim them as "your" own? lol.

you are a ravenfan. get used to it. if you wanna jump back on the colts bandwaggon dont let me stop you. until then, you are a fan of a team that has won 4 playoff games in 11 years. you can thump your chest all you want but steelerfans have been hearing that same old song and dance from ravenfans as long as they have had ray lewis. every year it is the same old story.

guess what? steelers, colts, and patriots have long since passed you by and left you in the dust to be forgotten.

the steelers have as many afc championship appearances as the ravens have playoff wins. nothing but personnel and the coach has changed with the steelers. nothing has changed with the ravens. expect the trends to continue.

the ravens actually winning a SB is perhaps the biggest fluke in SB history. try winning playoff games more than 1 year in a row and people may take your team a little more seriously.

even the freaking bengals were able to make it to the Sb more than the greatest 1 year wonder defense ever. has ray done any whining about getting blockers off him lately?

Don't tell me what I am - I'm a fan of Baltimore football and in turn the Ravens, but that still includes the Colts.

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Greatest one year wonder defense? What kind of a ****ing statment is that. Giving up 169 points in 17 weeks is a fluke eh? The offense not scoring in the final 8 weeks and the Ravens winning 6 of the games is a fluke huh? I think that you need to accept the fact that you have a quarter back who had his superbowl win in his first year and can never top that, a young black head coach, a scrub wide reciever core, a horrendus line backing unit, and a wanna-be secondary.

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Don't tell me what I am - I'm a fan of Baltimore football and in turn the Ravens, but that still includes the Colts.your a colts bandwaggoner... and a brownie....

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/corn20teeth20web.jpg

...and that type of irate pottymouth is uncalled for, yet typical of a ravenfan. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Greatest one year wonder defense? What kind of a ****ing statment is that. Giving up 169 points in 17 weeks is a fluke eh? The offense not scoring in the final 8 weeks and the Ravens winning 6 of the games is a fluke huh? I think that you need to accept the fact that you have a quarter back who had his superbowl win in his first year and can never top that, a young black head coach, a scrub wide reciever core, a horrendus line backing unit, and a wanna-be secondary.

it wasnt even "the final 8 weeks". get your facts straight. thats why they finally got smart and switched from banks to dilfer.

Baltimore's season started strong with a 5-1 record. But the team struggled through mid-season, at one point going five games without scoring an offensive touchdown

get over yourself and get your facts straight. what has the great baltimore defens done since that 1 fluke season where they only faced 3 good running backs and lost?

atleast the bears could manage a 15-1 record with their defense. teams with great defenses dont suck the year prior and flop the year after. otherwise it is called a "fluke".

you do know what a "fluke" is, right? you got the tee shirt and cap?

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 07:42 PM
it wasnt even "the final 8 weeks". get your facts straight. thats why they finally got smart and switched from banks to dilfer.

get over yourself and get your facts straight. what has the great baltimore defens done since that 1 fluke season where they only faced 3 good running backs and lost?

atleast the bears could manage a 15-1 record with their defense. teams with great defenses dont suck the year prior and flop the year after. otherwise it is called a "fluke".

you do know what a "fluke" is, right? you got the tee shirt and cap?

The bears managed a 15-1 regular season clinching home field throughout. The ravens were the fifth seed with no home game in the playoffs. Your right the bears are more impressive even though they allowed more yards and points and less turnovers. You can talk all the shit you want but the Ravens are a flat out better team than the Steelers in 2007. Sucks for you i guess.

stlrtruck
06-12-2007, 07:45 PM
While the ratbirds defense may still be in the top 10, maybe even top 5, in the league, they haven't been as aggressive or successful since their Super Bowl victory.

Although they've managed a handful, matter of fact, I believe only 4 (so that would be short of a handful) winning seasons in their 11 year existence, I'd have to agree that the Super Bowl year was a FLUKE. :toofunny:

:sign02: :sign01: 5x:champs:

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 07:46 PM
so far we have learned from our new ravenfan that the ravens were a 12-4 6th seed wildcard who won 3 games on the road to the superbowl. we also learn that their offense failed to score a single point in the FINAL 8 games of the season.

that would be pretty a pretty amazing defensive feat if it were true. to bad its just a typical homeristic whopper topped with wishfull thinking sauce.

ive heard plenty of fishing stories but this is truly the "one that got away"

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 07:47 PM
While the ratbirds defense may still be in the top 10, maybe even top 5, in the league, they haven't been as aggressive or successful since their Super Bowl victory.

Although they've managed a handful, matter of fact, I believe only 4 (so that would be short of a handful) winning seasons in their 11 year existence, I'd have to agree that the Super Bowl year was a FLUKE. :toofunny:

:sign02: :sign01: 5x:champs:

Its 5 of 10 winning seasons. You don't expect an expansion team to open up with consecutive winning seasons do you? If Irsay had left the colors/logo/records of the Colts in Baltimore we wouldn't even be having this discussion. And what do you mean even if theyre top 10? They were the number one rated defense last year and i beleive 2nd the year before.

stlrtruck
06-12-2007, 07:49 PM
The bears managed a 15-1 regular season clinching home field throughout. The ravens were the fifth seed with no home game in the playoffs. Your right the bears are more impressive even though they allowed more yards and points and less turnovers. You can talk all the shit you want but the Ravens are a flat out better team than the Steelers in 2007. Sucks for you i guess.

I see they haven't learned how to filter the water where you're living!

Your beloved ratbirds have consistently sucked in their 11 years of pitiful existence. The team had better fans in clown town when they were losing.

The only thing the ratbirds are better at in 2007 is competing with the bungals for who wants to come in second. The Steelers will take their rightful place atop the AFCN and once again be successful in the playoffs.

I'm sure you recall being successful. The team that left Baltimore with 3 Championships, got another one this past year!

Let's do the math
Steelers - 5
Colts - 4
ratbirds - 1

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

stlrtruck
06-12-2007, 07:51 PM
If Irsay had left the colors/logo/records of the Colts in Baltimore we wouldn't even be having this discussion. And what do you mean even if theyre top 10? They were the number one rated defense last year and i beleive 2nd the year before.

And if your aunt had a penis she'd be your uncle!

And what did that top ranked defense of 2006 get them in the playoffs? NOTHING...but a big fat L!!!

BaltimoreRavens
06-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Ok im done thanks for the fun you guys got me. Let me know how your season goes. You guys are stacked this year.

stlrtruck
06-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Ok im done thanks for the fun you guys got me. Let me know how your season goes. You guys are stacked this year.

See ya :troll:

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 07:53 PM
2000 AFC Wild Card Playoff Game at Baltimore Ravens
Sunday, December 31, 2000, 12:35 PM (Eastern Standard)

The Broncos' season ended in a disappointing 21-3 defeat at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens in an AFC Wild Card Playoff Game at PSINet Stadium in Baltimore on a blustery New Year's Eve day. Denver's offense managed just 177 yards -- the club's third lowest output in 28 postseason games -- and nine first downs against a record-setting Ravens defense, which put an end to the Broncos' seven-game postseason win streak.

After a scoreless first quarter, Baltimore put the first points on the scoreboard when Jamal Lewis reached the end zone from 1 yard out early in the second quarter to cap a 10-play, 75-yard drive. The Broncos answered with a 31-yard Jason Elam field goal to narrow the deficit to 7-3 when a promising 12-play, 68-yard drive stalled after a 3rd-and-1 opportunity at the Ravens' 12-yard line. What followed would prove to be the play of the game, if not one of the more bizarre plays of the year.

The Ravens' Corey Harris returned the ensuing kickoff 15 yards to the Baltimore 42-yard line. On 1st-and-10, Baltimore's Trent Dilfer attempted a screen pass to Lewis, who tipped the ball into and out of the hands of Denver cornerback Terrell Buckley. The loose ball was grabbed out of the air by former Broncos tight end Shannon Sharpe who dashed 58 yards for a touchdown, boosting the lead to 14-3.

Baltimore increased its halftime lead to 21-3 late in the third quarter when Lewis ran 27 yards for his second touchdown of the day to cap the scoring.

Denver managed just 83 yards on its eight second-half possessions and was held scoreless to preserve the lowest scoring output (3) in franchise postseason history. The Broncos penetrated Ravens territory just once all day, and ran just seven plays on the Baltimore side of the field.

Broncos quarterback Gus Frerotte, subbing for the injured Brian Griese, completed 13 of 28 passes for 124 yards with one interception, while Ed McCaffrey led all receivers with eight catches for 75 yards. Mike Anderson led the Broncos in rushing with 40 yards on 15 carries. Safety Billy Jenkins and defensive end Maa Tanuvasa each had sacks for the Broncos defense, which held Baltimore to 244 yards total offense and forced 10 punts.

what a great "baltimore" fan you are. so great you forget a home playoff game in your "own" city on route to a SB win. :rolleyes:

really dude, i think everyone has quit taking you serious by now. you can quit desperately trying to educate the city of pittsburgh and their fans on "football" (imaginary or real) now.

The Duke
06-12-2007, 07:57 PM

Who's this nut? :flap:

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 08:04 PM
They were the number one rated defense last year and i beleive 2nd the year before.did they print up hats and t-shirts for that? was the trophy made out of silver or gold? i bet the rings the players got were tremendous. so the browns leaving town to move to baltimore are now an expansion team? who did you guys pick in the "expansion draft"?

your team was the browns who was wrapped in a purple cloak and named after a bird instead of a turd. its a simple as that.

tony hipchest
06-12-2007, 08:32 PM

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/ownage.jpg

ok. we'll see you when you wanna have a real football conversation... until then, you may like the "fantasy football" forum :wave:

Elvis
06-12-2007, 09:04 PM

Sounds like your looking into your own little future glass. Just alot of hype there, not really into reality are ya? But I can say.... I hope your right.. but it doesnt matter to me wether Ben is comeback player of the year or not, as long as we have #6 in the trophy case at the end of the year....
:tt02:

SteelCityMan786
06-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Calm yourself down, the Ravens have been in existance for 10 years. If Irsay had left Baltimore with their records/colors/logo then we would have the same number of championships as you and more postseason wins.

in my opinion, your numbers are what the former Cleveland Browns had before moving to Baltimore and what you guys have now as the Ravens. The Ravens are 60 years old franchise here. Not the new version of the clowns.

Northside Jonny
06-12-2007, 10:03 PM
And that happens with every single over hyped nationally followed team. The Yankees and the Redsox have every stadium they go to filled with all their fans. Just like the Steelers did when they were tearing up the regular season and flopping in the post-season.
Wich team was the last to win a superbowl buddy? Oh yeah I think that we will all agree that troy covers the pass just as well if not better than ed reed but there is no way in hell that reed could ever lay the wood like troy. Someone better tell that boy to muscle up! As for Ray Ray well find out how good he still is without thomas picking up his slack. And this is a little off subject but man that suggs he has got to be one of the five ugliest people in the world!

HometownGal
06-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Greatest one year wonder defense? What kind of a ****ing statment is that.

I suggest you watch your cybermouth around here, Baltimore. If you can't post without invoking the "F" word, be gone before someone drops a house on you. :mallet:

Steel Pit
06-13-2007, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreRavens

Quote:
2000 AFC Wild Card Playoff Game at Baltimore Ravens
Sunday, December 31, 2000, 12:35 PM (Eastern Standard)

The Broncos' season ended in a disappointing 21-3 defeat at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens in an AFC Wild Card Playoff Game at PSINet Stadium in Baltimore on a blustery New Year's Eve day. Denver's offense managed just 177 yards -- the club's third lowest output in 28 postseason games -- and nine first downs against a record-setting Ravens defense, which put an end to the Broncos' seven-game postseason win streak.

After a scoreless first quarter, Baltimore put the first points on the scoreboard when Jamal Lewis reached the end zone from 1 yard out early in the second quarter to cap a 10-play, 75-yard drive. The Broncos answered with a 31-yard Jason Elam field goal to narrow the deficit to 7-3 when a promising 12-play, 68-yard drive stalled after a 3rd-and-1 opportunity at the Ravens' 12-yard line. What followed would prove to be the play of the game, if not one of the more bizarre plays of the year.

The Ravens' Corey Harris returned the ensuing kickoff 15 yards to the Baltimore 42-yard line. On 1st-and-10, Baltimore's Trent Dilfer attempted a screen pass to Lewis, who tipped the ball into and out of the hands of Denver cornerback Terrell Buckley. The loose ball was grabbed out of the air by former Broncos tight end Shannon Sharpe who dashed 58 yards for a touchdown, boosting the lead to 14-3.

Baltimore increased its halftime lead to 21-3 late in the third quarter when Lewis ran 27 yards for his second touchdown of the day to cap the scoring.

Denver managed just 83 yards on its eight second-half possessions and was held scoreless to preserve the lowest scoring output (3) in franchise postseason history. The Broncos penetrated Ravens territory just once all day, and ran just seven plays on the Baltimore side of the field.

Broncos quarterback Gus Frerotte, subbing for the injured Brian Griese, completed 13 of 28 passes for 124 yards with one interception, while Ed McCaffrey led all receivers with eight catches for 75 yards. Mike Anderson led the Broncos in rushing with 40 yards on 15 carries. Safety Billy Jenkins and defensive end Maa Tanuvasa each had sacks for the Broncos defense, which held Baltimore to 244 yards total offense and forced 10 punts.

If I'm not mistaken, I would swear that this guy analizes NFL Football with Skip and Woody on Cold Pizza. :argue:

SteelCityMan786
06-13-2007, 07:02 AM
I suggest you watch your cybermouth around here, Baltimore. If you can't post without invoking the "F" word, be gone before someone drops a house on you. :mallet:

:sofunny:

HometownGal
06-13-2007, 10:19 AM
http://www.geocities.com/othersideoftheroad/feetpopping.jpg

And before some smart arse asks - no that isn't me under that house nor am I her sister. :toofunny::flap: