PDA

View Full Version : Umpire accepts fan?s generous offer of glasses

SteelCityMan786
06-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Umpire Mark Wegner accepted a Chicago Cubs fan?s generous offer of glasses today, happily accepting the man?s spectacles during the fifth inning.
?The guy was screaming at me the whole game: ?Hey, ump, do you want my glasses??? said Wegner. ?At first, I had no intention of taking them, as my vision is 20-20. But I didn?t want to hurt the guy?s feelings. Everyone in baseball needs to be mindful of the fans. Plus, I thought they were pretty cool frames. I?ll look kind of cool and bohemian if I wear them.?
Wegner said he is very much enjoying the frames, and hopes fans will offer him more things in the future.
?I?ve heard fans yell to me before: ?Hey, ump, here?s a dollar. Why don?t you go buy a clue??? said Wegner. ?I think I might start accepting these dollars. Might be a nice little extra way to make money. Plus, there?s no paper trail, so I wouldn?t really have to declare it on my taxes.?

stlrtruck
06-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Dude, that's awesome. Finally an umpire with a sense of humor!!!

Crushzilla
06-10-2007, 06:10 AM
Very cool. This and the guy calling the Yankee/Red Sox game with the wild strike out motions. Good work, ump. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
06-10-2007, 01:04 PM
I guess you never read Sportspickle.com :sofunny:

stlrtruck
06-10-2007, 06:38 PM
I guess you never read Sportspickle.com :sofunny:

nope - should I?

SteelCityMan786
06-11-2007, 08:50 PM
yeah, it's a fake news site. All Humor. You can pull some good pranks.